The Moscow/Idaho murders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The accounts with his name following the girls on instagram are all fake. Some sickos out there making fake accounts and following them
Insta really needs to step up to the mark and remove/ban those accounts. The amount that have been created in his name since he was arrested and named in the press is ridiculous. Worrying how many sickos there are out there that think this is an OK thing to do.

Reactions: 20
Insta really needs to step up to the mark and remove/ban those accounts. The amount that have been created in his name since he was arrested and named in the press is ridiculous. Worrying how many sickos there are out there that think this is an OK thing to do.
I think with all SM you should prove who you are before creating an account. Will stop trolling and other awful things people use SM for

I understand there will be loop holes but it needs to be more secure to protect users

Reactions: 10
I’m so glad they have finally caught this monster, but I am shocked because 9 times out of 10 this kind of crime is committed by someone close to them, the manner in which they were killed is very personal and it’s terrifying to think that essentially a stranger could do something like this to 4 innocent young people. Evil people walk amongst us and we literally have no idea. It scares me so much to think these horrific things could happen to any one of us.

Reactions: 14
I’m so glad they have finally caught this monster, but I am shocked because 9 times out of 10 this kind of crime is committed by someone close to them, the manner in which they were killed is very personal and it’s terrifying to think that essentially a stranger could do something like this to 4 innocent young people. Evil people walk amongst us and we literally have no idea. It scares me so much to think these horrific things could happen to any one of us.
I suspected it to be unknown or someone who knows of but doesn’t know them. Only reason is if it was personal I feel like that person would be able to isolate their intended victim and wouldn’t need to kill 3 others

Reactions: 5
I don't think it was random and his question " has anyone else been arrested". Was there an accomplice? For one person to kill four with a knife I just can't envision unless its personal. The rage, the effort, the stamina, maintaining the impetus and the blood. And using a knife in a country where guns can be bought freely. By saying personal it doesn't mean the victims knew him just he knew them.

Reactions: 5
If it does turn out there’s no connection then I really don’t get why the police tried to play the situation down. I get not wanting to cause panic but surely in this situation even if there is some kind of link, any link really even a huge connection between him and even all the victims…the overhanging point is this guy was a total and utter danger to everyone. There was right to panic. Nothing anyone he has “connections” to or not can ever warrant what he has done. He just drove 2000 miles across country to his parents house etc probably stopping along the way, encountering people. It sounds from the scene like he butchered 4 people and walked right out of there and continued with life. So there is no scenario where there wasn’t a danger to others. I think everyone needs to know, like you said, evil exists. Not have it played down. The poor victims deserve to have the truth and nothing will ever justify what happened to them.I believe the police mentioned “crime of passion” and “targeted” at the start before back-peddling. But there aren’t any reasons on earth that could even come close to what happened to them and that’s the most terrifying part of all of it, that anyone could even contemplate doing what the killer did there would be no rationale or excuse, He’s just pure evil

Reactions: 7
If it does turn out there’s no connection then I really don’t get why the police tried to play the situation down. I get not wanting to cause panic but surely in this situation even if there is some kind of link, any link really even a huge connection between him and even all the victims…the overhanging point is this guy was a total and utter danger to everyone. There was right to panic. Nothing anyone he has “connections” to or not can ever warrant what he has done. He just drove 2000 miles across country to his parents house etc probably stopping along the way, encountering people. It sounds from the scene like he butchered 4 people and walked right out of there and continued with life. So there is no scenario where there wasn’t a danger to others. I think everyone needs to know, like you said, evil exists. Not have it played down. The poor victims deserve to have the truth and nothing will ever justify what happened to them.I believe the police mentioned “crime of passion” and “targeted” at the start before back-peddling. But there aren’t any reasons on earth that could even come close to what happened to them and that’s the most terrifying part of all of it, that anyone could even contemplate doing what the killer did there would be no rationale or excuse, He’s just pure evil
Haven’t they been watching him for a while? Maybe he was on their suspect list from the start and kept they were keeping a close eye on him to prevent him being a danger to others?

Reactions: 8
Haven’t they been watching him for a while? Maybe he was on their suspect list from the start and kept they were keeping a close eye on him to prevent him being a danger to others?
I believe it was 4 days they watched him before the arrest they said, but could have been longer in reality. But to me there would have had to have been a time when they had no idea who had done it. Even if it was a matter of days at the very start…really weird for the police to say it was just an isolated event when the guy is clearly a psychopath, he brazenly walked into a house with a knife as a weapon, with loads of cars parked outside and 6 adults that entered at various times, if he even kept watch on the house . So surely he’s capable of hurting anyone he comes across even if they turn out to be connected to him in some way 🤷‍♀️

There's rumours that he had been stalking the group for a few days before murders as his phone pinged his location where they were

Anyway, does anyone still follow the Facebook group? They are so desperate to somehow be involved in all of this and have been accusing some random account of being him because the person has been using a dummy account and posting a bunch of questions about what people thought of everything. I saw a TikTok about one of those 'If I go missing' binders and how it's almost a reflection of people wanting to be victims of a crime rather than anything to seriously help the police if something were to happen. The current situation with the Facebook group wanting to somehow be the victims of this guy (because you know, he fooled them/was amongst them or something) is giving the very same vibe

It just baffles me that he has literally been getting on with/living his life the last month like normal after what he did? Like he obviously had Christmas and stuff with his family etc. how do you even act like a normal person after doing what he did 🙄 not even like he just killed one person. He killed 4 - possibly more if he gets linked to anything else.

Reactions: 9
It just baffles me that he has literally been getting on with/living his life the last month like normal after what he did? Like he obviously had Christmas and stuff with his family etc. how do you even act like a normal person after doing what he did 🙄 not even like he just killed one person. He killed 4 - possibly more if he gets linked to anything else.
They always go back to their normal lives in cases I’ve followed or seen on documentaries.

Reactions: 8
how do you even act like a normal person after doing what he did
From the stuff I have seen he's not exactly a normal person in terms of emotions. There's a lot of descriptions of him just being deadpan or unemotional. I think it says a lot considering that there's often reports of how people who have comitted serious crimes are described by family and friends as completely normal and nice and totally wonderful people

I don't think the horrible crime has 'forced' his friends to not mention that he seemed like a nice person and focus on the negatives instead. I think that there wasn't much positive about him to begin with even if he functioned within society decently well

Reactions: 4
I hope he doesn’t try to play mental health as a defence. There’s a lot of people in the world with autism or BPD that do not go to a college share house and kill 4 people 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't think it was random and his question " has anyone else been arrested". Was there an accomplice? For one person to kill four with a knife I just can't envision unless its personal. The rage, the effort, the stamina, maintaining the impetus and the blood. And using a knife in a country where guns can be bought freely. By saying personal it doesn't mean the victims knew him just he knew them.
It's possible he said that to make it seem like he had an accomplice. It just seems a bit of an odd thing to say if he was working with someone.

Not sure how it works in America but I have a feeling he really wants it to go to a jury trial so he can put on a show, hence why he's possibly claiming innocence. Wouldnt surprise me if he represents himself either in the trial (if they can do that)
Not to be (too) morbid but I think that’s almost preferable. If he pleads guilty nothing will be said about motive, process, how it happened… which we all want to know. The families could go either way i guess… either want the easiest way to justice (guilty plea) or a not guilty plea and they might get motive/ the information they might desire.

Ultimately I don’t suppose there is that much motivation to plead guilty. It’s life imprisonment, may as well take the risk of a jury trial. My understanding is they have the death penalty in Idaho but never use it (I think 3 people have been sentenced to death in the last 40 years?) so pleading guilty to avoid death maybe doesn’t attract him much

Not to be (too) morbid but I think that’s almost preferable. If he pleads guilty nothing will be said about motive, process, how it happened… which we all want to know. The families could go either way i guess… either want the easiest way to justice (guilty plea) or a not guilty plea and they might get motive/ the information they might desire.

Ultimately I don’t suppose there is that much motivation to plead guilty. It’s life imprisonment, may as well take the risk of a jury trial. My understanding is they have the death penalty in Idaho but never use it (I think 3 people have been sentenced to death in the last 40 years?) so pleading guilty to avoid death maybe doesn’t attract him much
I’d have thought killing 4 people would be just cause for the death penalty

Reactions: 3
It's possible he said that to make it seem like he had an accomplice. It just seems a bit of an odd thing to say if he was working with someone.
That’s likely, he may have rehearsed it, if so his studies haven’t taught him much. He looks weird his eyes are higher than his ears. I just keep thinking of the effort needed to stab 4 people its just horrible

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.