Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ot55

VIP Member
336400EA-44C0-4B94-93C2-4F46B69D627D.jpeg

Saw this on Twitter. Wonder how all the people who doxed and witch hunted the room mates, ex boyfriend and hoodie guy feel 😐

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Katleesi

VIP Member
The fact he posts on Reddit just makes me think he’s been getting off reading all the theories on Reddit and tiktok etc - wouldn’t put it past him to try use one the theories to implicate someone else. He sounds like a very dangerous individual.

• Sick
Reactions: 35
Summary:
This is a thread to discuss the murders of Kaylee Gonscalves, Maddie Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin who were killed in their off-campus university home on Nov 13th.

The local coroner later confirmed all four deaths were as a result of stabbing.

The house in which they died had 3 floors, and was built into a hill, having entry points on the bottom floor, and the middle floor, at the back. The two surviving flatmates, who slept through the incident, had rooms on the bottom floor. The victims were sharing two of the other bedrooms. Ethan and Xana, who were in a relationship, in one room on the middle floor, and Maddie and Kaylee were asleep together in Maddie's room on the top floor after a night out.

There is a suggestion that the killer entered by the middle floor and missed the two surviving room mates but we do not know if this was intentional or accidental.

Kaylee had recently moved out of the house and was back visiting for a last weekend before taking up a job, elsewhere. Kaylee had her dog, Murphy, with her. The dog was retrieved unharmed on the evening after the murders, and there is some confusion as to where he was found.

What happened that night:
Kaylee and Maddie had been out clubbing, to The Corner Club bar in the town. They left the bar and visited a food vendor called The Grub truck. An interesting point about The Grub Truck is that it livestreams over Twitch when it is open. Because of this there is a video of Kaylee and Maddie ordering and waiting for food on the night they were killed. A man in a white hoodie is seen tracking them from one side of the vendor to the other, with the girls appearing to be aware of him, but ignoring him. Kaylee stays looking at her phone and appears to take a over the shoulder picture of him. The girls retrieve their food, their lift arrives (confirmed to be a university service/sober ride service) and the man in the white hoodie lifts his arms up in an exasperated way when he sees they have left without him. He then runs off and disappears off camera. There are rumours about his identity online. If true he is a schoolmate of one of the surviving roommates and of Maddies boyfriend.

The girls are confirmed to have got home at 1:56am.

Xana and Ethan's evening timeline is less clear, they attended a party at the Sigma Chi fraternity (of which Ethan is a member) and then arrive home at around1:45am. We do not know what they did between those times.

Kaylee makes a series of unanswered calls to her ex boyfriend shortly after getting home.

They are murdered some time over night

The roommates wake up around 12pm, something happens, they call other people (not police) which results in other people arriving at the house, including Ethan's brother. Someone then makes a call to the police about an 'unconscious person'. No details have been released about that call.

The missing dog is located sometime later that day. It is not known if it was in the house somewhere or wandering outside. It has been returned to Kaylee's ex, who she shared ownership with.

Later:
Forensics closed the house off, and grounds and were searched.
Kaylees family have done many tv interviews, her Dad has said various things such as 'Kaylee was murdered 'more brutally than the others' and 'he didn't need to go up the steps' and 'they (the victims) have different points of damage' 'he came in through the slider' (I gather slider is what people from Idaho call sliding patio doors)
Kaylees sister Alivea said 'they cleared some people too early' indicating some peoples alibis need to be looked at.
Xana's Mum echoed this. Made a slight nudge to the remaining roommates.

Resources:
Brian Entin ( @brianentin on Twitter) who reported on the Gabby Petito case has travelled to Moscow, Idaho to cover the story. He is a good, neutral source of truth (IMO)

Reactions: 31

candyland_

VIP Member
Makes you wonder if he thought highly of himself as a criminology student and thought he could create the perfect murder (get away with it).

Reactions: 30

teaandgoss101

VIP Member
I don’t believe he just woke up one day and picked a house at random.

I think he scaled the area prior to this.

I think he watched that house and even broke into it when the students were not home. could explain why Xana had her locks changed did she get freaked out ? Something moved in her room etc.
I think police have received security footage days prior to the killing putting him in the area both before and on the day.
I don’t think he knew exactly how many lived there due to it being a party house and people coming and going .
I think the surviving house mates entered from the front of the house went straight to bed. So he may not have realised they were there.
I think he watched from the back and when the others arrived home and went to bed which he judged by the lights going off .that is when he struck.
I think he thinks he is more intelligent than the police and will be seething that he has been caught. I also think he will be angry he missed 2 students and would have most likely struck again in the coming weeks/months as it would have been a job not complete.

I really hope he rots in hell. Them poor young students had their whole life ahead of them.

the police should let their parents have 5 minutes alone with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Suspect in custody! Arrested in Monroe County Pennsylvania. Literally the other side of the country.

It’s going to be someone that was never speculated about, right?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

JBinstafun

Interesting that he is from a family of mental health workers/experts.

This poem that his sister wrote last year re: the school shootings is tragically ironic.
I feel for his sister. I have a sibling who is an addict with considerable mental health issues including DID (probably exacerbated by their cannabis use- we had a normal upbringing with no known trauma) and known to authorities I wouldn’t be surprised if they did something awful one day- either to themself or to someone else. I live a very different life and have a professional job and semi-public profile locally through my work and some volunteering/community projects (that sounds knobby but hope it makes sense)

I have little to do with them and if my parents weren’t alive I would happily never see them again. Lots of people don’t even know I have a sibling and those that do know I dislike them! I hate the idea that their poor choices could still reflect on me as I’m sure BK’s will on his entire family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
The mugshot of him made my blood run cold. I made the mistake of zooming in and his eyes are horrible. The thought of that coming towards those young individuals doesn’t bear thinking about really.

I’ve been quietly watching this case and only dipping in and out of this thread because I’ve found the thing so overwhelming and scary. Hopefully they throw the book at him and more and he doesn’t work the system with insanity plea etc

Reactions: 25

Boogs

VIP Member
I think its 9pm uk time.
Im seeing reports a suspect is in custody. I cant believe it!
I nearly cried when I read this. I’m clearly far too invested but I hope so much for those poor kids and their loved ones that they get justice.

• Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Asking if anyone has been arrested makes it sound like he had an accomplice and 2 of them committed the murders.

Purely speculation on my part. I hope the truth comes out soon for the families sake.
I think he's the type of person who thinks he's really smart and is trying to confuse things deliberately. If the car was in his possession, there's absolutely no reason to think there was anyone else involved. It would be really odd if there was a knowing accomplice, imo.

• Heart

yellowmellow

VIP Member
So glad there is a thread for this.

Not seen it mentioned here but it's been stated multiple times elsewhere that not only is the hoodie guy now in Africa, but he also drove 5 hours to his parent's cabin apparently directly after being seen on the Grub Truck live feed. That is suspicious in itself. Who, after a night out, decides to drive for 5 hours at 2am?

I do think he is the most suspicious person mentioned in the case so far. Of course, it could be any randomer really but if we're looking at evidence and facts, this boy is like a flashing red beacon.

Just saw a TikTok from a girl called swaggyslimjim if anyone wants to go watch it about another suspicious individual called Ryan who was in the same frat as Ethan, I think. Also interesting.

Last edited:
  • Wow

hmmm_no

VIP Member
Pardon my ignorance on US laws but is extradition required between states in the US? Insane if so! Surely for a crime such as murder you wouldnt think so. Or is this merely a formality?
It's required but also kind of a formality? They have to request it but it's basically unheard of for it to be denied.

It helps if you think of the US as fifty small, self-governing countries, tbh. Each has different laws, its own government, its own culture, customs, etc. They can be really similar but no two are exactly the same. That's why the federal level is such a disaster, I think. Where I live compared to, say, Texas, is about the same as if Ireland and Italy spoke the same language. We'd understand each other but the background would be different enough that there would be culture shock.

yayoi

The people that have been doxxed in other online communities deserve a huge apology. I hope this arrest can give the family closure and answers

Last edited:
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
When I first heard about this tragedy I was so invested in it, but now the longer it drags on I’m just losing interest, without sounding morbid, but this is just classic America, absolutely useless.
this is incredibly interesting language to use about a real murder case tbh. apologies if it isn’t holding your interest anymore! 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 24

justheretoread99

VIP Member
Just read the whole thread, this case has been consuming me for a couple of weeks. Great discussion and some really interesting theories.

I hope I don’t offend anyone from the US here, but the whole Fraternity/Sorority culture seems incredibly culty and sinister. I’ve only ever previously heard about them from watching 2000’s movies (American pie Beta house, House Bunny etc). But doing my research on this case I get the feeling once your in, you’re in for life. There’s no way out. I just get a really uneasy dark vibe from it all.

There’s so many lines of enquiry you really don’t know where to start when trying to piece it together.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I feel like a break in the case is coming. The police chief seemed almost calm and happy in his last briefing.

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking as I can’t get this case out of my head. Those poor kids, it’s like something from a horror film.

• Heart

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I’m really into real life crime and murder and this case has had me obsessed over the last few weeks. The Reddit sub is particularly interesting 😮

My personal guess is that it wasn’t a random attack. I think ethan and Cana had gone to a frat party that night and invited people back to their house - when they arrived back they all hung out with Madison and Kaylee. I reckon M & K went to bed and during this time X and E were involved in some kind of altercation with whoever was back with them. Some kind of fight broke out with the couple being killed. The killer or killers then realised Madison and Kaylee also had to go as they’d seen them there and would report it to the police.

The two girls downstairs survived because they’d been asleep the whole time, their rooms were tucked out of the way and the killer or killers didn’t know they were there.

I think the dangerous thing with this theory is that frats are known for protecting their own and keeping a lot of secrets. It wouldn’t surprise me if some cover up comes from this whole thing.

• Sad
  • Wow