The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that report was far more detailed than I thought it would be. Previously there was information that Dylan was about to move/had moved to 1st floor.
Y'all always confuse me with the ground floor/first floor thing lol. I was like....she moved FROM the first floor I thought?! Think I'll say bottom, middle, and top floors to keep them straight now.

Reactions: 6

Just stumbled upon this video and I can see why Dylan didn’t call 911 straight away. It looks like random people would go in and out of that house constantly. Not to mention all the screaming being heard.
The police seem to have been at that house a lot. If it was a random target then surely that would be off putting… something happened to make him target K or M.

Reactions: 2
So scary that he stalked the house at least 12 times prior to the murders.
Dunno about you guys but it makes me want to set up all kinds of security cameras around my house, just to make sure there are no repeat lurking weirdos. Wouldn't work too well since I live on the busiest street in my city and there's never NOT people going by, but jeez. That's terrifying. I wonder if he picked the house and just decided that was his target?? They don't seem to have any link to any of the victims that they've mentioned yet, even tangentially.

I’ve been thinking about why she didn’t call the police. This was a party house, so potentially she was used to people coming and going anyway and maybe thought this person came back with the others. Maybe she thought it was a housemates hook up and he was leaving. Yes he was wearing a balaclava/mask but it was extremely cold and snowing heavily at the time so that wouldn’t actually be uncommon to wear such a thing.
I agree about the first part but not sure about the second. I checked the historical weather graphs (I really should put this kind of focus into work right now ffs) and there was no snow that night and it wasn't terribly cold. High of 30*F overnight (-1*C). Kind of weird weather to be wearing a ski mask but if you're not super awake/with it/have been drinking and possibly partaking in other party fun, it's for sure weather where your subconscious wouldn't think it significant. Unlike, say, August lol.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Your first point is correct, this horror isn’t over for her yet as she will most likely have to stand up in court - poor girl

also isn’t this just Twitter speculation. Fa not been confirmed the woman mentioned is actually her mum?
yes it has been confirmed that the woman is actually her mom

Questions Raised After Mom Of Idaho Murder Victim Allegedly Arrested Days After Daughter's Death
By Isaac Serna-Diez — Written on Dec 01, 2022

In the University of Idaho’s Kibbie Dome on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, a candlelight vigil was held in honor of the four victims that were brutally murdered in a home just off campus on November 13.

The families of Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, and Kaylee Goncalves were all in attendance, but the family of fellow University of Idaho student Xana Kernodle was unable to make it.

Although they announced a separate service for her on Friday, many were saddened that there was no one there to speak on her behalf during the vigil and looked into her family situation.

Who is Xana Kernodle’s mom?
Reports claim Xana's mom is a woman named Cara Kernoodle is currently an inmate in a county jail in northern Idaho.

True crime sleuths are making the claim after discovering a woman with the same last name as the 20-year-old in jail records.

Cara Kernoodle was arrested six days after Xana's murder.
An image of the inmate list at Kootenai County Jail in Idaho has been circulating social media as web detectives scour for any and all information regarding the Idaho murders — and many allege that Xana Kernodle’s mother, Cara Denise Kernodle, is on that list.

Arrested just six days after the tragic murders occurred, Cara is being held on a $50,000 bond for Possession Of A Controlled Substance — drugs under Schedule 1 and Schedule 2.

Cara is Xana Kernodle’s mother and she was arrested on Nov. 19th for an outstanding drug related warrant. Explains possible motive and why Moscow Police believe the University of Idaho murders were targeted. pic.twitter.com/vXH2x3wSAd
— Kyle Wendel (@kylewendel) November 26, 2022
There’s no official confirmation on the identity of Xana’s mother and it’s unclear whether Cara’s arrest has any connection with the crime that occurred, but original skepticism surrounding the newly uncovered information gained traction when baseball writer Stacie Wheeler joined the conversation.

Her now-deleted post included a link to previous arrests that were made in 2013, listing Cara Denise Kernodle as being arrested in Rathdrum, Idaho, for driving without privileges.

Many others in the conversation seemed confident that they could confirm this Cara person was Xana’s mother — linking a photo of her with two girls that they believed were Xana and her sister Jazzmin.

Xana’s mother’s identity has not been confirmed, but her father has previously spoken out about his daughter’s death.

While some crime sleuths have criticized Cara online, it is important to remember that Xana's mother is grieving the loss of a child and should not be linked to the crime without evidence.

Xana's father, Jeffrey Kernodle has expressed his frustration with the investigation.
In a conversation with The Independent, Jeffrey Kernodle, Xana’s father, depressed his frustrations with the lack of information coming out of the investigation.

He claimed that the FBI was “not saying anything,” and described the tragedy as “unthinkable.”

“How can you protect some kid? You keep them at home and don’t let him go to college? They’re not gonna stay at home like that,” he said. “So, it’s really mind-boggling. It’s just completely unthinkable and it’s the worst nightmare.”

In a conversation with CBS, he said that she loved to have “fun.”

“She didn’t really worry about the drama and stuff that much. She was never into that. She just liked having fun. Never about materialistic things,” he said.

He claimed that one thing the autopsy showed for certain was her will and her fight to the bitter end.

“Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid. Whatever she wanted to do, she could do it,” Kernodle said.

Jeffrey wasn’t able to make it to the candlelight vigil that was held earlier this week and it’s unknown at this point if he will be attending his daughter’s service at the university on Friday.

Ethan Chapin's brother has also spoken highly of Xana.
In a Reddit post, Eric Chapin praised his late brother's girlfriend, describing her kind demeanor during their first meeting when she spent two weeks at his home in July.

"If the 2 weeks we got to meet her represent her and [the] life she lived, the world is missing 2 very amazing people. Two kids in their 20s that are stripped of being great parents if they wanted that, and amazing role models for the next generation."

Reactions: 1
I lock my door the second I get home. You just don’t know who will try the handle.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just beyond terrifying. Worst nightmare stuff.
I think Maddie was the target and he went to Maddies room first hence the sheath. Then after he had killed m&K, e and x heard a commotion and went to check it out as x had just got her food delivered. I believe the voice Dylan heard saying 'im going to help you' was BK (I'm sure John wayne gacy said this exact thing to his victims). The thought of x being awake and crying is horrifying. I also think he was just physically exhausted and probably thought Dylan had already called 911, and so left as quick as he could and that's why she was left.
I feel for Dylan, she must have severed PTSD and trauma from it all, and most probably will have to relive it all again on the stand. She's a victim as well as the others and I really wish her the best. Maybe she just was totally paralysed with fear, maybe her phone was on charge in the kitchen or somewhere and she just didn't dare move. Truly one of the most awful things iv ever read.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
That whole document is so upsetting to read. Whatever reason D didn't call the police/slept I really do feel for her - she must've been terrified and she's likely regretting it so much and no doubt going through a really horrific time. Not to mention I saw her being accused/involved by people on other forums. I hope that D and B are getting support, same with all the others who knew them and especially those who were wrongfully accused. As well as Kohberger's relatives - they don't deserve this, nobody does.
I hope he rots in jail. Nothing justifies any of this in any world, but I wonder if we'll get a 'why', like why that house and people and why leave D if they saw eachother. I thought perhaps he thought as there seemed to be a struggle with X/E he may have assumed he had no time as D could've called police so he made a run for it

Reactions: 11
I lock my door the second I get home. You just don’t know who will try the handle.
the media interviewed some people in Moscow and most of them talked about being safe in Moscow and about how they usually don't lock their doors. But like you said you just don't know who will try your door knob.

Sorry, misspelling. I meant ‘has it been confirmed it was actually Xanas mum’
yes it was confirmed that it was her mom by people on YouTube

there is one more tweet about Xana's mom drug charge from Jennifer who has been covering this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think he was in the house before the Door Dash delivery and that Maddie was the ‘target’. I don’t think he expected Kaylee to be there too.

I think that Xana had her food in the kitchen and encountered him on her way back to her bedroom as he was coming down the stairs. They had a fight and Ethan came out to help which is why they weren’t in the bedroom/bed and why Xana had defensive wounds. I think Dylan only had her door open slightly and so he completely missed her as he walked past.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
He seemed very co-operative at the court today. Like nothing what you’d expect; like other killers are in court. He doesn’t look around at the media or anything. It’s very odd cos he seems so normal?

Reactions: 9
Sorry if this has been asked already as I haven’t scrolled through the thread. I’m really curious as to why housemate identified as D.M heard noises in the house at the time of the murder and at 417am she saw Bryan in the house and he walked past her and out the sliding door she then went and locked herself in her room. She could hear crying from maddies room. Why wouldn’t she call police & why were police not called until mid day, im so confused

Reactions: 5
Sorry if this has been asked already as I haven’t scrolled through the thread. I’m really curious as to why housemate identified as D.M heard noises in the house at the time of the murder and at 417am she saw Bryan in the house and he walked past her and out the sliding door she then went and locked herself in her room. She could hear crying from maddies room. Why wouldn’t she call police & why were police not called until mid day, im so confused
Honestly, we don't know. We've been discussing it but no idea and probably won't know unless/until it comes out in trial or some other statement. Various theories are that she didn't recognize the seriousness of the situation at the time, wasn't fully sober/aware enough to comprehend what was going on, maybe had taken medication, maybe was paralyzed out of fear. She hasn't spoken publicly, understandably since so many people were naming her as a suspect and being terrible. I'm sure that no matter the reason she didn't call at the time, she feels horrible now and will have to learn how to live with what happened for the rest of her life. She didn't do anything wrong but I imagine she feels a lot of guilt.

Reactions: 17
I wonder how soon they’ll be in court. I know they have to do it within 6 months but do we think they’ll want to get in there and get him on trial asap? Or possibly wait and make sure they have the strongest case possible?

The police seem to have been at that house a lot. If it was a random target then surely that would be off putting… something happened to make him target K or M.
there is a YouTube channel called Truth and Transparency( I think that she is rude to her chat and I also heard that she doxxed one of the Jacks in this Idaho murders case ) and she thinks that she knows who made those noise complaints on that house. and she claimed that she had proof that it was this lady in this article - Madison Moye, a fellow student and neighbor

Yes maybe no connection, I had read somewhere here that he did heroin, I never looked into the timing, just wondering was he 'paying' off a drug debt. Also he was no longer enrolled in college, so maybe was too distracted or actively using so could not continue his phd?
it must have ended once he got arrested, I think that the administration was notified of his arrest and they looked in the system they probably dropped him from the Spring Semester. imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I hope more evidence comes out that clears Dylan's name and her reasoning for not alerting 911 as soon as possible. I know she's incredibly fortunate to be alive but she's probably dealing with a lot of survivor's guilt plus everyone online blaming her.
I don't think you see a masked man walking around and screams without being a bit hard of thinking.

This isn't a criticism of D but it's so far removed
Y'all always confuse me with the ground floor/first floor thing lol. I was like....she moved FROM the first floor I thought?! Think I'll say bottom, middle, and top floors to keep them straight now.
We get confused with flooring as well 🤣

In UK it's ground floor, then 1st floor second etc

When I lived abroad I practically had to stick my tongue out the side of my mouth in concentration. Also US people are familiar with state abbreviations so reading things like IN or PA etc makes me think "what...?"

I just think it’s so strange waiting 7 hours for the police to be called after seeing an intruder and we don’t even know she was the one who called them, do we? With it being commented on that she may have been drunk/took drugs surely her eye witness account of seeing the perp and describing him would hold no merit in court due to her being under the influence?

I don’t think it would be strange to be drunk/high, petrified, hide in your bed and fall asleep. I don’t know that she’s a reliable witness though- she was likely inebriated and saw a man around 5’10 with bushy eyebrows. (That suggests she looked at him face on which makes it weirder still he didn’t seem to see her). BK is 6’ and I don’t think his eyebrows looked particularly ‘bushy’ but I’ll bet even if they are they are tidied up for trial. There’s reasonable doubt there.

The facts as we know them are that the only DNA evidence is on a button of the knife sheath, they have no murder weapon, they haven’t match the shoe print to BK and there’s no clear motive. I hope there’s more that isn’t in the PCA.

The press have already determined he’s guilty so I’m not sure how you find a truly unbiased jury.

I think he did it by the way, but I also think a lot of the evidence is circumstantial and a great defence lawyer will present a different picture.

Reactions: 10
I wonder how soon they’ll be in court. I know they have to do it within 6 months but do we think they’ll want to get in there and get him on trial asap? Or possibly wait and make sure they have the strongest case possible?
There’s another court date next week.

Reactions: 3
I'd like to think they won't rush it to trial and make sure they have everything in place to make sure he's put away for good.
The plea hearing is on Thursday at 10am (Idaho time) though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.