The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it would be strange to be drunk/high, petrified, hide in your bed and fall asleep. I don’t know that she’s a reliable witness though- she was likely inebriated and saw a man around 5’10 with bushy eyebrows. (That suggests she looked at him face on which makes it weirder still he didn’t seem to see her). BK is 6’ and I don’t think his eyebrows looked particularly ‘bushy’ but I’ll bet even if they are they are tidied up for trial. There’s reasonable doubt there.

The facts as we know them are that the only DNA evidence is on a button of the knife sheath, they have no murder weapon, they haven’t match the shoe print to BK and there’s no clear motive. I hope there’s more that isn’t in the PCA.

The press have already determined he’s guilty so I’m not sure how you find a truly unbiased jury.

I think he did it by the way, but I also think a lot of the evidence is circumstantial and a great defence lawyer will present a different picture.
Precisely this. Scope for many an appeal or even a mistrial. It’s in the hands of the courts now.

Reactions: 4
I had some more thoughts over night re Dylan and why he left her.
after looking at the house layout, I think it’s highly unlikely that if walking past her he didn’t see her, particularly as it’s been stated that she opened her door (ie it wasn’t just ajar). I think he had been caught out twice already that evening- he wasn’t expecting the two girls upstairs (IMO he was planning for one murder either MM or KG) and I don’t think the plan was ever to kill E and X. He may not even have know E was in the house. I think he saw Dylan (who is a bigger taller girl compared to the others) and probably thought who else could be behind her in the room. She may have had a 6’7 American football player as a boyfriend waiting to come out. Equally he was probs thinking ‘how many bleeping people live in this house?!’ I think he had satisfied his sick fantasy to kill and by that time wanted to get out of there ASAP

Reactions: 15
I think more will come out about the 911 call. There is a lot of speculation that the unconscious person mentioned in the call was actually Dylan. Perhaps she went out to investigate a while later and went in to shock?
I do think it’s awful that the media are posting her picture. Just leaves her open to harassment etc

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I don’t think it would be strange to be drunk/high, petrified, hide in your bed and fall asleep. I don’t know that she’s a reliable witness though- she was likely inebriated and saw a man around 5’10 with bushy eyebrows. (That suggests she looked at him face on which makes it weirder still he didn’t seem to see her). BK is 6’ and I don’t think his eyebrows looked particularly ‘bushy’ but I’ll bet even if they are they are tidied up for trial. There’s reasonable doubt there.

The facts as we know them are that the only DNA evidence is on a button of the knife sheath, they have no murder weapon, they haven’t match the shoe print to BK and there’s no clear motive. I hope there’s more that isn’t in the PCA.

The press have already determined he’s guilty so I’m not sure how you find a truly unbiased jury.

I think he did it by the way, but I also think a lot of the evidence is circumstantial and a great defence lawyer will present a different picture.
I am also sure he did it but I hope the police have more evidence we haven’t heard yet.
If the crime scene is a bloody as you would think why wasn’t there more DNA of him in house apart from the sheath.
Also would he not been covered in blood too, there was no mention of any blood found outside house on his escape route.
I guess any evidence found in the car won’t be processed yet.
Also the drive he went after the killings, I seen elsewhere it was near a dam, presume that’s where the knife went and will not e found.
He really must be an evil psychopath to kill all 4 kids and then move on like nothing happened, he went back to classes the next day and by his phone records was shopping The same day.
As for Dylan, I am sure we will hear more from her statement but that poor kid has to live with this rest of her life and also how close she was to being killed too.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
How scary for D, I do think in the cold light of day, in hindsight and removed from the situation it does seem wild that she didn't call the police for several hours, but there are many reasons why she didn't. It also sadly wouldn't have saved the housemates by the sound of it, albeit they may have found the suspect sooner.

She might not have had her phone in her room and may have been (understandably) scared and not wanted to go and get it; she could have passed out, adrenaline affected her actions or been drunk or whatever; she might have thought it weird but thought I'll see in the morning as probably knows one of the others- I don't think anyone would expect a quadruple murder, at most maybe a burglar.

I also think he probably knew he'd be caught, perhaps keeping her alive he knew would be torture for her and increase the social media speculation and theories, something we know he was a fan of.

Reactions: 10
I reckon she text Bethany saying she was freaking out and had seen someone. Bethany was the floor below and probs said something like ‘I haven’t heard anything, don’t worry I’m sure they’re all fine’ and that was probs enough to reassure her. She had no idea how severe the crime was - probs thought it was an intruder looking to commit a burglary. I really do feel particularly for e and x who I just think were so unlucky and probably went through absolute hell in the moments before they died

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think D heard everything and each time she tried to see what happened if it is over but the third time she actually saw the evil. Imagine the trauma. And he came back at 9 FFS. I think there is more to come, they just released the parts that could help with putting the aff of that crackhead. It must have been hell to go through this. I could not sleep today. I hope this psychopath suffers the worst.

I am also sure he did it but I hope the police have more evidence we haven’t heard yet.
If the crime scene is a bloody as you would think why wasn’t there more DNA of him in house apart from the sheath.
Also would he not been covered in blood too, there was no mention of any blood found outside house on his escape route.
I guess any evidence found in the car won’t be processed yet.
Also the drive he went after the killings, I seen elsewhere it was near a dam, presume that’s where the knife went and will not e found.
He really must be an evil psychopath to kill all 4 kids and then move on like nothing happened, he went back to classes the next day and by his phone records was shopping The same day.
As for Dylan, I am sure we will hear more from her statement but that poor kid has to live with this rest of her life and also how close she was to being killed too.
I would expect the police have lots of evidence. They are under no obligation to put it out in the public sphere. You don’t stab four people to death in a nice and tidy way.

Reactions: 16
I just don’t believe he was already in the house when the door dash delivery came. I think he entered just after. Surely x would have heard what was going on when she went down for her food delivery?

Reactions: 8
after looking at the house layout, I think it’s highly unlikely that if walking past her he didn’t see her, particularly as it’s been stated that she opened her door (ie it wasn’t just ajar). I think he had been caught out twice already that evening- he wasn’t expecting the two girls upstairs (IMO he was planning for one murder either MM or KG) and I don’t think the plan was ever to kill E and X. He may not even have know E was in the house. I think he saw Dylan (who is a bigger taller girl compared to the others) and probably thought who else could be behind her in the room. She may have had a 6’7 American football player as a boyfriend waiting to come out. Equally he was probs thinking ‘how many bleeping people live in this house?!’ I think he had satisfied his sick fantasy to kill and by that time wanted to get out of there ASAP
I agree. I think his sole target was maddie (or kaylee, but I believe maddie) and I think his sole fixation was on her. He was probably completely thrown off by ethan being there and kaylee being in the room that none of his plan had actually 'gone to plan' his mental state was no doubt all over the place and I also think he got spooked. But to kill 4 people must require alot of strength and maybe (as awful as this sounds) he ran out of steam? So coupled with his exhaustion and frenzy he made a lot of mistakes. Ie- leaving the sheath, killing more than intended and being seen. I really think he thought it was incomprehensible that no one else in the house heard anything and that 911 had already been called and he was too exhausted to carry on, so he fled without a second glance.
I keep wondering if this was his first offence and before this pca was released I was certain it wasn't his first kill, but I truly think it was now.
I think he was so determined to kill maddie that night, for whatver reason, that it didn't matter how high risk some of the factors were for him.

I just can't stop thinking about all of the victims and how truly terrified they must have been. I bet Steve G must be really finding it hard seeing BK in the same room and not being able to go and have a go himself. There are so many victims from this, its awful.

Reactions: 6
I'm just listening to the latest Best Case, Worst Case episode (podcast) where they discuss the case- apparently one of the surviving roommates confronted him as he left?! Sorry if this has been discussed but I hadn't heard that before.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I reckon she text Bethany saying she was freaking out and had seen someone. Bethany was the floor below and probs said something like ‘I haven’t heard anything, don’t worry I’m sure they’re all fine’ and that was probs enough to reassure her. She had no idea how severe the crime was - probs thought it was an intruder looking to commit a burglary. I really do feel particularly for e and x who I just think were so unlucky and probably went through absolute hell in the moments before they died
I was thinking this about Dylan and Bethany. Maybe Dylan thought the person she saw was someone that came back with X&E, or a friend of E's and they had had an argument, hence Xana crying and this person was making a swift exit because he had upset his friend's girlfriend or just because Xana was upset about something else? Yes, the mask looks and sounds suspicious in hindsight but we've just had covid - people do still wear masks. She could have said to Bethany "A random guy just walked past and left and I can hear Xana crying - Shall I go check on her?" And maybe Bethany said, "It's ok, Ethan's with her, sure she's fine". Just theorising. There's nothing stated in the PCA that he was covered in blood, although it's hard to believe he wasn't.

I personally don't think he saw Dylan. I think the angles of the corridors/rooms, the fact that the adrenaline must have been absolutely rushing through, the fact that he had probably already murdered more people than he initially set out to meant he was just wanting to get out of there and he may have even had a hood up that obstructed his sight. When you have a hood up, you can't always see to the side of you very well, can you?

Again, purely thinking out loud as I have no idea about what they were all like personally but I also feel like obviously, M&K were best best friends, and I feel like X hung around with them a bit as well as living together, and I think Bethany was quite close with Maddie as they were in the same sorority, wasn't she, but I don't think it looks like Dylan was "besties" or really close with any of them besides being roommates, which is totally fine, not suspicious or anything but maybe it wasn't obvious to her that anything was wrong if she wasn't that close with them? She may have been closer with Bethany as they were both on the bottom floor, prior to her move to the middle floor? I really feel sorry for Dylan, the amount of guilt she must feel is immense.

Also the posts about Xana's mum. I don't know if it's been mentioned but early on in this case, one of her friends stated that Xana got on with everyone, especially her friend's mums because she wasn't close to her own mum and her friends' mums all took her under their wing? I'm sure I remember that being said but can't remember the source. Estranged, or not, if my daughter had just been brutally murdered, I think I'd be considering drugs as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This is going to sound weird but I totally understand Dylan staying in her room for hours and not calling the police. Twice I've had traumatic occasions where I have just completely shut down and gone to sleep to escape the terror, blacked out/closed down/in abject shock, or a combination of these. One incident, I was on holiday with my partner and he beat me, badly. Some lads from the room next door could hear and started kicking the door down to get at my boyfriend and beat the tit out of him. It was absolutely terrifying and my boyfriend had no option but to jump over the balcony. We were on the 6th floor. The lads broke down the door, looked over the balcony and said "looks like he's dead anyway, good". The trauma and shock from it all absolutely crippled me, I had no idea what to do. So I got in bed and went to sleep as I couldn't handle consciousness and reality. Someone came to fix the door and some girls came to check if I was ok apparently, slept through it all. I only "came to" when my boyfriend crawled into the room with two broken legs.

No one knows what they would do in a trauma situation until it happens. No one. Anyone criticising Dylan needs to have a serious word with themselves.
I am so sorry you went through this.

• Heart
I think /pray that K and M were asleep together when he killed them. I know D said she thought she heard K playing with the dog, but that could have been the dog running/ making noise as he heard the intruder.

My thoughts are they were in bed together calling Jack and passed out, leaving the dog in K’s room.

Reactions: 2
I dont think he had any clue what evidence they had, hence why he was so eager to come back and see the PCA 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I can’t believe how harsh the media is being to Dylan! I really can understand why she didn’t call the police, bit of a weird story but when I was younger I was living in Shepherds Bush and I was woken up at around 3am by a commotion outside my flat window. When I peered out the curtain I saw a group of people crowded around and heard one of them saying something like ‘you’ve done it, we have to move the body’. I was really scared, confused and dazed and to be honest I fell back asleep and when I woke up I genuinely believed I’d imagined the whole thing. I’ve always had really vivid dreams and where my flat was located was really noisy (one side overlooked the green and the other the back of Westfield where the incident took place). It wasn’t till about 3 weeks later that i found out something had actually happened.

I can 100% imagine that in a party house, where there a lots of people coming and going and you are used a lot of noise (and probably drunk) you would feel frozen and scared, convince yourself it was nothing and go back to sleep. No one would ever expect four murders to have just taken place, it’s easy to criticise when you have the benefit of hindsight. Feel so bad for her!

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I'm just listening to the latest Best Case, Worst Case episode (podcast) where they discuss the case- apparently one of the surviving roommates confronted him as he left?! Sorry if this has been discussed but I hadn't heard that before.
Sorry there's been a whole discussion on this since I came on...just quickly popped on while listening 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I agree. I think his sole target was maddie (or kaylee, but I believe maddie) and I think his sole fixation was on her. He was probably completely thrown off by ethan being there and kaylee being in the room that none of his plan had actually 'gone to plan' his mental state was no doubt all over the place and I also think he got spooked. But to kill 4 people must require alot of strength and maybe (as awful as this sounds) he ran out of steam? So coupled with his exhaustion and frenzy he made a lot of mistakes. Ie- leaving the sheath, killing more than intended and being seen. I really think he thought it was incomprehensible that no one else in the house heard anything and that 911 had already been called and he was too exhausted to carry on, so he fled without a second glance.
I keep wondering if this was his first offence and before this pca was released I was certain it wasn't his first kill, but I truly think it was now.
I think he was so determined to kill maddie that night, for whatver reason, that it didn't matter how high risk some of the factors were for him.

I just can't stop thinking about all of the victims and how truly terrified they must have been. I bet Steve G must be really finding it hard seeing BK in the same room and not being able to go and have a go himself. There are so many victims from this, its awful.

Reactions: 3
I still can't see how he killed 4 people in less than 20 minutes.
That is insane.
I wouldn't be surprised if the voices and noises Dylan heard were the food being delivered? Maybe the dog wakes up when Xana goes to get her food? Then BK sneaks in once the delivery driver has left.
He certainly wasn't in the house before than as the car was still driving around until 4.04am I believe.
So maybe she heard that. Heard someone say someone is here (being the delivery driver). Went back to sleep/on her phone. Then only when she heard crying did she look out the door for the 3rd time.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure I can get on board with the suggestion that he didn’t know or expect other people to be in the house. From phone records, we can assume that he has staked out that house previously, so based on that will know that multiple people lived there and probably knows they come / go at all times of the day / night. So for him to think he could get in there and target one occupant without encountering or disturbing anyone else? It doesn’t add up.

I think the police have more DNA / forensics that link him to the scene but they don’t want to show their hand yet and will save the details for the trial.

Whatever the details end up being, it’s such a bizarre and sad case. Those poor people must have been so scared, it’s awful to think about.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.