The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Too much detail to absorb 🤯 One of the neighbors reported the front door was left wide open and he saw it when he was walking his dog later on the morning of 13th. I’d assumed that’s how killer exited but he seems to have left through sliding door

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It was just the housemates at home and in bed. I probably wouldn’t have locked my bedroom door.
I also wonder about this- I mean clearly they hadnt locked the doors since he didn’t break them down, but more in relation to Dylan and Bethany locking theirs - they were just internal bedroom doors, surely any locks they had weren’t up to much anyway? Designed to put off a casual thief rather than keep them safe from attack?

Reactions: 3
I also wonder about this- I mean clearly they hadnt locked the doors since he didn’t break them down, but more in relation to Dylan and Bethany locking theirs - they were just internal bedroom doors, surely any locks they had weren’t up to much anyway? Designed to put off a casual thief rather than keep them safe from attack?
Yes true, that makes sense. I was just thinking about the lock I had on my bedroom door at university and it was just a standard sliding lock

Reactions: 1
This is such a shocking and heartbreaking case. From reading the link above, I read it as X & E were found in a bathroom? To think they were alive when this happened is just awful. I cannot imagine how scared they were 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m just baffled tbh, I wasn’t sure what to expect with this case but it’s so different to any speculation. So many questions…

I struggle with this - if x wasn’t his target why did he still go in that night? As he sat outside the house many of times I can only assume he was sat outside for a few minutes before entering (meaning it is very likely he saw x retrieve the food from the door), or atleast saw the delivery driver parked up ect. Surely he would of thought duck she is awake let me come back tomorrow if she wasn’t the initial target?

seems a huge risk to murder another person, unless something came over him that night. I’m really not sure. As this was planned I would just assume he wanted everything to go exactly to plan, I don’t think we should write off x being a target altogether.

Reactions: 13
He might have been going by the amount of lights turned on in the rooms?

The other speculation is that he had been stalking M and X because they worked at the same place. I always thought that the father position K as the main target was a bit questionable as different levels of injury don’t necessarily mean that

Im sure he would have had an idea of the number of people in the house since he had clearly been near it multiple times and drove past it multiple times on the night of the murders

Reactions: 2
I always thought that the father position K as the main target was a bit questionable as different levels of injury don’t necessarily mean that
Excuse me if I’m being stupid, but what do you mean by this?

it seems like he’d been stalking that particular street (at least 12 times before) I wonder if he knew it was full of college houses so probably saw that one as easiest cos it was a renown party house - lots of people coming and going so probably thought a. The suspect pool would be huge/lots of DNA and b. doors left open a lot due to all the people being able to just go in and out

Reactions: 6
He might have been going by the amount of lights turned on in the rooms?

The other speculation is that he had been stalking M and X because they worked at the same place. I always thought that the father position K as the main target was a bit questionable as different levels of injury don’t necessarily mean that

Im sure he would have had an idea of the number of people in the house since he had clearly been near it multiple times and drove past it multiple times on the night of the murders
It wouldn't surprise me if there's evidence that will come out of him being in or near the restaurant the girls worked at prior to the murders. If he's been near their home on at least 12 occasions, I'd say there could be a high chance hes been near their place of work too. Especially if one of them was the target 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I’m just baffled tbh, I wasn’t sure what to expect with this case but it’s so different to any speculation. So many questions…

I struggle with this - if x wasn’t his target why did he still go in that night? As he sat outside the house many of times I can only assume he was sat outside for a few minutes before entering (meaning it is very likely he saw x retrieve the food from the door), or atleast saw the delivery driver parked up ect. Surely he would of thought duck she is awake let me come back tomorrow if she wasn’t the initial target?

seems a huge risk to murder another person, unless something came over him that night. I’m really not sure. As this was planned I would just assume he wanted everything to go exactly to plan, I don’t think we should write off x being a target altogether.
I agree, the PCA suggests that she had a different injury to the others, likely a worse one. I am just guessing it was her that was a target.

Reactions: 3
Excuse me if I’m being stupid, but what do you mean by this?
K’s father implied several times that K was likely the target based on the injuries. I understand why he made the conclusion but I always felt like it was because that’s something he wanted to see (not a bad thing, I think it’s easier to believe than her just being there at the wrong time)

I think it was also slightly disrespectful to all the other victims and their families as he clearly didn’t know anything

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just seen this on Reddit. One of the early photos from the crime scene and you can see Xana’s door dash bag ☹
C57F7C0B-453F-4093-9CE6-F25ED77DF5C0.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
K’s father implied several times that K was likely the target based on the injuries. I understand why he made the conclusion but I always felt like it was because that’s something he wanted to see (not a bad thing, I think it’s easier to believe than her just being there at the wrong time)

I think it was also slightly disrespectful to all the other victims and their families as he clearly didn’t know anything
I see, thanks for explaining. I agree with your last point

Respectfully, I think K’s dad has said a lot of stuff out of shock and anger. I don’t think she should of been allowed to be so public, could of very easily hindered the investigation. Not sure why the police didn’t give him some sort of media training or advised him not to keep going public (unless he went against their advice)

Reactions: 15
Honestly- I don’t want to blame D at all, but all I will say is that it’s baffling she didn’t ring the police. I’ve lived in a huge college house before and I know if I saw a masked man walking past me I would be calling 911. However it’s totally acceptable she was absolutely frozen with fear and wasn’t thinking straight. Equally she may have been on substances and didn’t want to get in trouble. It’s unlikely she knew how serious the situation was.

all I hope is that she is able one day to heal and live a happy and fulfilled life.
I’ve been thinking about why she didn’t call the police. This was a party house, so potentially she was used to people coming and going anyway and maybe thought this person came back with the others. Maybe she thought it was a housemates hook up and he was leaving. Yes he was wearing a balaclava/mask but it was extremely cold and snowing heavily at the time so that wouldn’t actually be uncommon to wear such a thing.

Reactions: 13
Respectfully, I think K’s dad has said a lot of stuff out of shock and anger. I don’t think she should of been allowed to be so public, could of very easily hindered the investigation. Not sure why the police didn’t give him some sort of media training or advised him not to keep going public (unless he went against their advice)
I agree with this, I get that he’s hurt and angry but I’ve barely heard anything from the other families. It just seems everyone’s fixated on Kaylee. I get she’s a pretty girl but 4 people died that night and it could be they were all just targeted by a psychopath unfortunately.

Reactions: 10
I’ve been thinking about why she didn’t call the police. This was a party house, so potentially she was used to people coming and going anyway and maybe thought this person came back with the others. Maybe she thought it was a housemates hook up and he was leaving. Yes he was wearing a balaclava/mask but it was extremely cold and snowing heavily at the time so that wouldn’t actually be uncommon to wear such a thing.
I saw some suggestions it was maybe a medical mask he wore . Suppose we don't really know

Reactions: 2
I saw an interview from Ethans family quite early on but I’ve not seen anything else from them or the other families.

Assuming the roommate may take the stand at some point, I feel like speculation is always going to happen especially in a case as shocking as this. However I’m sure there is way more to the story than just seeing BK coming towards her. It isn’t confirmed whether he actually saw her, whether she was drunk, we literally don’t know anything yet! I’m sure we’d all react in different ways, as much as we’d like to say we would ring the police on the spot.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.