The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In regards to DM, I reckon she heard and saw more on the night than the affidavit states. Obviously not everything needs to be put in the affidavit. But i reckon she was that scared by what she heard and that's why she hid in her room for all those hours, I believe she was traumatised and hid- and the minutes turned to hours. I reckon she only surfaced when Beth was awake and either knocked on her door shouting for her, or maybe Dylan decided to go get her phone from wherever it was in her room and had text the roommates waiting for one of them to reply.
I’m genuinely scared to know what exactly happened after she locked her door.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Precisely this. My daughter is currently studying a Criminology course alongside her A Levels, and the latest project she had was to design an anti-hate crime poster utilising the letters LGBT. All very laudable but from what I can see has duck all to do with forensic techniques, which are more likely to be an offshoot of real science such as biology or chemistry, rather then fake…sorry social…sciences such a criminology. When the police process forensic evidence they utilise real scientists in real laboratories, using real microscopes, using established techniques in controlled environments. They don’t involve Professor Jacinda Wokeson at the Criminology and Sociology department of the local former poly.

As a footnote it’s fascinating to see how many people believe they are forensically aware and can plan the perfect murder. The prisons are full of such people. I wonder if they have any real idea just how much physical effort it takes to stab one struggling person to death, let alone four, and how much blood can splatter, and how far, if you slit their throat? They don’t tell you that on Born To Kill? Rewatch them. The very act of buying loads of bleach, or having your whole house smelling of the stuff, can be used in evidence and you might as well wear a big sign around your neck saying “Look here first”.
Totally agree with you.

I saw a quote through reddit that I thought was extremely fitting:

“It’s not the intelligence of someone who commits a crime; it’s the arrogance,” Buckmire said, alluding to the suspect allegedly bringing his cell phone to the scene and returning to site 12 times.

“I know that it may be new for some people to see the idea of intelligent criminals — intelligent criminals happen all the time,” Buckmire noted. “But it’s the arrogance of a criminal that really trips them up.”

Reactions: 12
I’m genuinely scared to know what exactly happened after she locked her door.
I'm just intrigued about what happened. I just can't fathom it. The only logical series of events I can sort of fathom is that D did know or realise something bad had happened, hence the "frozen shock phase", hid/didn't know what to do and ended up falling asleep until midday when Bethany alerted her to what had happened in the house. She didn't see what happened, she saw something, enough for her to be frozen/shocked for a few seconds but she did manage to shut and lock her door... If you were scared and hiding (and awake) then surely by daylight, you would come out or call someone to come over? Does anyone know if her boyfriend was local? I know most people I know would be calling/texting their boyfriend to come over if they were scared. I just don't understand but I know shock is processed in different ways, I'm not victim blaming or saying she was wrong in any way as we have no idea what actually happened after she saw BK, I just can't think of a logical scenario to explain what she did between 4.17am and 11.58am when the 911 call was made. If she was alone in her room, awake and scared that whole time, then every minute must have felt like an hour. I really do hope D & B are being properly supported as I can't imagine what they've been through.

Reactions: 9
To be fair to her the “shock” could have been a dark figure barrelling down the corridor at 4am. She doesn’t necessarily have to think a murder took place. She could have just been thinking “oh tit they’ve brought someone back or someone has followed them back, I better lock my door”. Idk I’m just speculating. The only thing I do find a bit strange is that it would have been silent afterwards but she was woken by noise? Surely if it had been a random dude your mates would still be awake chatting? Or maybe she stuck her headphones in and decided to go back to sleep. I don’t think it’s that unrealistic really

Reactions: 16
I’m most intrigued about how the kitchen stools ended up laying down in the doorway of the sliding doors if BK exited that way. Were the stools already like that and he stepped over them or did he knock them over trying to rush out the house

Reactions: 5
I’m most intrigued about how the kitchen stools ended up laying down in the doorway of the sliding doors if BK exited that way. Were the stools already like that and he stepped over them or did he knock them over trying to rush out the house
I saw on Reddit that the investigators put the stools there to stop people breaking in

Reactions: 5
To be fair to her the “shock” could have been a dark figure barrelling down the corridor at 4am. She doesn’t necessarily have to think a murder took place. She could have just been thinking “oh tit they’ve brought someone back or someone has followed them back, I better lock my door”. Idk I’m just speculating. The only thing I do find a bit strange is that it would have been silent afterwards but she was woken by noise? Surely if it had been a random dude your mates would still be awake chatting? Or maybe she stuck her headphones in and decided to go back to sleep. I don’t think it’s that unrealistic really
I’m intrigued to know what Bethany heard. I’m assuming she woke up as well according to the PCA.

Reactions: 2
K had moved out and no longer lived there. Her room was empty save the furniture provided by the landlord so they probably wouldn’t be going in there and messing it up. Also I don’t know if “single bed” means single bed as in single/double or if it means single as in “one”, as in they were in one bed together of unknown size.

I think he just did whatever he needed to do to silence both of them as quickly as possible then continued attacking them when they couldn’t scream for help.
I thought it was said somewhere before that it was speculated they weren't sleeping in the same bed but killer put them in the bed together?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Casey Lytle, who I mentioned earlier in this thread, is a psychology and sociology instructor who has studied the psychology of murder says there is no such thing as the perfect murder. There will always be variables that you can’t control and there will always be things that you don’t think about. He also thinks he maybe took his phone with him so he could take pictures 😔
If he had taken photos he would have had to turn his phone back on and it would have pinged in the area

Reactions: 2
I wonder if Dylan when she locked her door got under her bed and hid? That’s quite a common thing for people to do when they’re frightened/hear someone in the house. And she possibly didn’t have her phone under there with her - maybe too scared to come out and grab it, and minutes just turned into hours sadly; honestly I can’t imagine the fear she went through and all the trauma of the last few weeks. I really hope she’s got a lot of support around her

Reactions: 19
If the footage of Ethan and the other housemates struggling is real then I really can’t get my head behind her hiding for 8 hours.

I do wonder if he had been in their house before and scoped it out, he did so while Dylan still had her room downstairs and therefore assumed that's where she was, not knowing she had moved to the middle floor and that's why he didn't even give that room a second glance, because, in his head, it was an empty room.

Reactions: 10
I do wonder if he had been in their house before and scoped it out, he did so while Dylan still had her room downstairs and therefore assumed that's where she was, not knowing she had moved to the middle floor and that's why he didn't even give that room a second glance, because, in his head, it was an empty room.
I agree. I do think he’d have entered the house before whilst they were at classes to get an ideas of the layout and known that the slider door is easily opened/unlocked.

Only an assumption but that could be why Xana’s dad changed the lock the week before - because they thought someone had been in the house? Xana most likely would’ve shared the reason with her Dad so he may know if that’s what they suspected and it should come out at trial. Kayleigh had already moved out be then so may not have known

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
If the footage of Ethan and the other housemates struggling is real then I really can’t get my head behind her hiding for 8 hours.
The person who originally uploaded that footage has apparently come forward and said its not from the night of the murders or from that area. She uploaded it as an example of how much sound a ring camera can pick up within a certain amount of distance and she wanted to clear up the confusion 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 13
[
I agree. I do think he’d have entered the house before whilst they were at classes to get an ideas of the layout and known that the slider door is easily opened/unlocked.

Only an assumption but that could be why Xana’s dad changed the lock the week before - because they thought someone had been in the house? Xana most likely would’ve shared the reason with her Dad so he may know if that’s what they suspected and it should come out at trial. Kayleigh had already moved out be then so may not have known
I that it was because that Xana had a fight with a guy and Xana's father didn't give any details about who the guy was.

The person who originally uploaded that footage has apparently come forward and said its not from the night of the murders or from that area. She uploaded it as an example of how much sound a ring camera can pick up within a certain amount of distance and she wanted to clear up the confusion 🤷‍♀️
omg wow.

Reactions: 1
I keep forgetting that those poor girls were the ones to discover the bodies the next day, every time I think about it I feel sick to my stomach. Part of me hopes that they only saw the scene on the main floor and didn’t go upstairs to discover Maddie & Kaylee, not that it makes it any better or easier of course.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
They called friends over before the police didn’t they? I’m sure I heard that Ethan’s siblings were there.. He was a triplet and it was heartbreaking to hear their parents say they have to learn to be two when it was always three of them together 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 15
ring doorbells wouldn’t pick that up so clearly, ive talked right by mine and the sound is only just understandable

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.