The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeh I do understand that they differ but would have thought someone studying one would also have a keen interest in the other also (more so than someone not studying anything to do with crime).
Yeah exactly I don’t think because he wasn’t studying forensics we can say he wouldn’t know about it. they are closely linked he had done extensive studying so it’s understandable he would have some knowledge of the subject. I’ve never studied either and I have some knowledge of it so I think he would. He was just either arrogant or consumed with rage/focus or some other.
so let’s not say he was studying criminology therefore he would have no knowledge of forensics.

Reactions: 3
I don’t understand how M&K were in the same , single, bed and there was no noise heard from them? If (for example) he killed K first surely M would have been like holy tit and tried to fight back? And vice versa? I just think with the timings they must have still been awake from their night out and surely if they wanted to share a bed they would have slept in Ks room as she had a double bed?
K had moved out and no longer lived there. Her room was empty save the furniture provided by the landlord so they probably wouldn’t be going in there and messing it up. Also I don’t know if “single bed” means single bed as in single/double or if it means single as in “one”, as in they were in one bed together of unknown size.

I think he just did whatever he needed to do to silence both of them as quickly as possible then continued attacking them when they couldn’t scream for help.

Reactions: 13
surely if you’re smart enough to put your phone on airplane mode/turn it off during the time of the murder you’d be smart enough to just not take the phone at all 🙄
I thought the same but some people with local knowledge on websluths said it might be that he needed to GPS- he’d planned (or at least, he took) some elaborate rural route back home (maybe avoiding cctv and possible police stops) but they were saying the rural roads are extremely hard to navigate even when you know them, in the dark. Maybe he thought he could do it but was so pumped with adrenaline he just couldn’t get himself home and knew that the longer he stayed driving around at 4am the more chance there was of being noticed or getting into trouble

Reactions: 5
You'd think so, it's not like a knife like that you could safely conceal without its cover. It's big and very sharp. Strange he didn't realise before leaving, surely he didn't just go marching out of the house with it brandished??
Did DM see the knife...I don't recall that being addressed. I assume if so that will come out.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think so. If she saw the knife, she would have alerted 911 straight away.
Well something immobilized her enough to not call anyone at all...I think people were coming and going in the house all the time but BK sure must have looked different. I sure hope we can find out more but I imagine that will not be for a long time. I think on the 12th the decision will be made on the speedy trial issue....anyone think he might ask for that? I mean he says he will be cleared so sooner is better?

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand how M&K were in the same , single, bed and there was no noise heard from them? If (for example) he killed K first surely M would have been like holy tit and tried to fight back? And vice versa? I just think with the timings they must have still been awake from their night out and surely if they wanted to share a bed they would have slept in Ks room as she had a double bed?
I wonder if kaylee did wake up during the attack on maddie because there is a photo of a bed in the window of kaylees room, with the covers partially pulled back on the bed, as though someone got up and left the covers back. No blood on the sheets, just left. Il try and find the photo.

Yeh I do understand that they differ but would have thought someone studying one would also have a keen interest in the other also (more so than someone not studying anything to do with crime).
I think that he has a lot of books but not a lot of street smarts.

Reactions: 9
I’m torn. Part of me thinks he went there so many times, he must’ve gone in the house at least once. But I also feel like he’d have stuck out like a sore thumb at one of their parties. He didn’t attend the same uni and he was a lot older than the students (and he looks even older than his actual age). He also seems very awkward so I couldn’t imagine him blending in. He wouldn’t wanna draw negative attention to himself before the murders. “Remember that weirdo with the bushy eyebrows who came to that party a couple weeks ago that was being weird to girls, wasn’t really speaking to anyone and was snooping around. Let’s get the police looking for him.
This is what i keep thinking. He looks bleeping creepy, and stories have come out from classmates / people who knew him and seems like he was an outsider, awkward. Etc. And the guy who owned the bar who said he’d make weird comments to women and was kicked out for being rude. How would he be at a party at the house of these young pretty girls from a completely different college?! I get thinking older guys are cool when you’re that age but not a creep like him! It’s all so weird

Reactions: 8
A girl has come out saying she went on a tinder date with him like 7 years ago and she said he was a bit weird (she said he didn't try anything, but just gave her weird vibes, and that she's definitely had creepier dates) - I wonder if more people who went on dates with him will come out with some info about him? He strikes me as someone who's probably never had an actual girlfriend/relationship.

Yeh he obviously thought he was so much smarter than the authorities. For a student studying crime he really didn't do that good a job of covering his tracks.

I think your right with this, wouldn't surprise me at all.
I don't understand the assumption that criminologists should somehow know how to commit the perfect crime.

I'm not sure any degree teaches that 🤔

Yeah exactly I don’t think because he wasn’t studying forensics we can say he wouldn’t know about it. they are closely linked he had done extensive studying so it’s understandable he would have some knowledge of the subject. I’ve never studied either and I have some knowledge of it so I think he would. He was just either arrogant or consumed with rage/focus or some other.
so let’s not say he was studying criminology therefore he would have no knowledge of forensics.

Those who study criminology will not necessarily learn much about forensics, personally I did not. Criminology is mainly the study of crime and why it happens, criminal behaviour (the motivations for committing the crime etc.) and the penal system/application of law (punishment/rehabilitation, public responses to crimes, how/why laws are made, possible prevention of crime etc.), alongside other aspects.

Reactions: 14
I don't understand the assumption that criminologists should somehow know how to commit the perfect crime.

Those who study criminology will not necessarily learn much about forensics, personally I did not. Criminology is mainly the study of crime and why it happens, criminal behaviour (the motivations for committing the crime etc.) and the penal system/application of law (punishment/rehabilitation, public responses to crimes, how/why laws are made, possible prevention of crime etc.), alongside other aspects.
thank you for posting.

That's not really what I meant by my comment but fair enough, I appreciate the clarification.

Precisely this. My daughter is currently studying a Criminology course alongside her A Levels, and the latest project she had was to design an anti-hate crime poster utilising the letters LGBT. All very laudable but from what I can see has duck all to do with forensic techniques, which are more likely to be an offshoot of real science such as biology or chemistry, rather then fake…sorry social…sciences such a criminology. When the police process forensic evidence they utilise real scientists in real laboratories, using real microscopes, using established techniques in controlled environments. They don’t involve Professor Jacinda Wokeson at the Criminology and Sociology department of the local former poly.

As a footnote it’s fascinating to see how many people believe they are forensically aware and can plan the perfect murder. The prisons are full of such people. I wonder if they have any real idea just how much physical effort it takes to stab one struggling person to death, let alone four, and how much blood can splatter, and how far, if you slit their throat? They don’t tell you that on Born To Kill? Rewatch them. The very act of buying loads of bleach, or having your whole house smelling of the stuff, can be used in evidence and you might as well wear a big sign around your neck saying “Look here first”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

Yes I don’t think my comment is meant he would study it within that degree.
It’s more around the thought that if this is your field of interest (criminal acts) then you will have some knowledge.

Precisely this. My daughter is currently studying a Criminology course alongside her A Levels, and the latest project she had was to design an anti-hate crime poster utilising the letters LGBT. All very laudable but from what I can see has duck all to do with forensic techniques, which are more likely to be an offshoot of real science such as biology or chemistry, rather then fake…sorry social…sciences such a criminology. When the police process forensic evidence they utilise real scientists in real laboratories, using real microscopes, using established techniques in controlled environments. They don’t involve Professor Jacinda Wokeson at the Criminology and Sociology department of the local former poly.

As a footnote it’s fascinating to see how many people believe they are forensically aware and can plan the perfect murder. The prisons are full of such people. I wonder if they have any real idea just how much physical effort it takes to stab one struggling person to death, let alone four, and how much blood can splatter, and how far, if you slit their throat? They don’t tell you that on Born To Kill? Rewatch them. The very act of buying loads of bleach, or having your whole house smelling of the stuff, can be used in evidence and you might as well wear a big sign around your neck saying “Look here first”.
Again as above my comment wasn’t meant that he will learn within his current degree just that he will have awareness.
I did read somewhere he had done something in his prior studies but I can’t find it now so won’t quote it for sure.
Also bring forensically aware and being aware whilst committing a murder are different as you say it’s very hard. Transference is everywhere and In the time frame he had would be almost impossible.
So yes saying I have some knowledge from tv is fair. Applying that knowledge whilst committing a crime is different and I am aware of the difference and didn’t feel the need to go into that detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Casey Lytle, who I mentioned earlier in this thread, is a psychology and sociology instructor who has studied the psychology of murder says there is no such thing as the perfect murder. There will always be variables that you can’t control and there will always be things that you don’t think about. He also thinks he maybe took his phone with him so he could take pictures 😔

In regards to DM, I reckon she heard and saw more on the night than the affidavit states. Obviously not everything needs to be put in the affidavit. But i reckon she was that scared by what she heard and that's why she hid in her room for all those hours, I believe she was traumatised and hid- and the minutes turned to hours. I reckon she only surfaced when Beth was awake and either knocked on her door shouting for her, or maybe Dylan decided to go get her phone from wherever it was in her room and had text the roommates waiting for one of them to reply.

Thursday I think someone said 🤔
Can he do a plea deal, say guilty to get life in prison instead of death penalty?
I know this might not be an option as seems like one set of parents want death penalty but it would save long court case and more trauma as every detail would be read out in court.
Also he would be on death row for a lot of years and every time appeal it would all be brought up again.
In America life means life too so he would never get out

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.