The Michalaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here you go:

I also noticed in the beginning of that video, Rufus' straps on his car seat are so loose. Why do YouTubers not give a duck about their child's car safety?!
how am I only just seeing this šŸ˜³ I used to LOVE their vlogs (before moving to Bath and before Stef took over/the silky montages or whatever he called them) I stopped watching shortly after the move to Bath as the vlogs just werenā€™t enjoyable/a good use of my time. I still actually really liked Hannah and still follow her on IG. Iā€™m shocked at that though. Iā€™m not a perfect mother but I would never say that to my child and especially not upload it online for everyone to see! I think they (Stef especially) have thought for a long time that by being different they will stand out from other vloggers. Telling your toddler to STFU is just another level though. Lost a lot of respect for Hannah with the continues day drinking and screen time for kids recently but thatā€™s something else

Reactions: 2
Lockdown is not over :rolleyes:
So theyā€™ve already changed their vlog title today from ā€œlock down is overā€ to the new one of ā€œlockdown is (sort of) overā€
This is after the comments going mad which have now, non surprisingly, been deleted

• Wow
Reactions: 3
There was definitely a sweet spot when Grayson was a toddler and they still lived in their London flat - where their videos still felt natural and personable while utilising Stefā€™s filming style to make them much more interesting visually then the usual boring family vlogs on YouTube. The problem is Stef really turned into an ego maniac and started using the platform that Hannah built to spew his annoying unnecessary viewpoints. The first real instance that I noticed was during the Notting Hill Carnival debacle some years back.

When they went out of their way to attend the event knowing they didnā€™t enjoy it (both mentioned having been previously) just so they could get shots of themselves in the crowd pulling faces and looking disgusted. Also in the car they made jokes about how theyā€™re probably going to get stabbed šŸ¤Ø. They then attended a cream tea out in the countryside in the same vlog to contrast and I think they even titled the video ā€˜Heaven and Hellā€™.

When people took offence to the weird juxtaposition of framing a cultural event centred around celebrating the Afro-Caribbean community (specifically created because of the racism and police brutality they suffered) as hell and a posh white countryside event as heaven he immediately went on the offence. Then he made a video after Trump won the election and said it was because of people like us (those who took offence at the situation). And Hannah was very much in agreement with him so any BLM statements from either of them I would take with a massive pinch of salt honestly.

Reactions: 22
There was definitely a sweet spot when Grayson was a toddler and they still lived in their London flat - where their videos still felt natural and personable while utilising Stefā€™s filming style to make them much more interesting visually then the usual boring family vlogs on YouTube. The problem is Stef really turned into an ego maniac and started using the platform that Hannah built to spew his annoying unnecessary viewpoints. The first real instance that I noticed was during the Notting Hill Carnival debacle some years back.

When they went out of their way to attend the event knowing they didnā€™t enjoy it (both mentioned having been previously) just so they could get shots of themselves in the crowd pulling faces and looking disgusted. Also in the car they made jokes about how theyā€™re probably going to get stabbed šŸ¤Ø. They then attended a cream tea out in the countryside in the same vlog to contrast and I think they even titled the video ā€˜Heaven and Hellā€™.

When people took offence to the weird juxtaposition of framing a cultural event centred around celebrating the Afro-Caribbean community (specifically created because of the racism and police brutality they suffered) as hell and a posh white countryside event as heaven he immediately went on the offence. Then he made a video after Trump won the election and said it was because of people like us (those who took offence at the situation). And Hannah was very much in agreement with him so any BLM statements from either of them I would take with a massive pinch of salt honestly.

Youā€™ve summed up really well why I DONā€™T watch their videos anymore. Steph has always got to have a ā€˜pointā€™ to make and itā€™s usually some arrogant hipster bullshit where he thinks heā€™s the only person in the world who knows the right answer. In order to be less ignorant, you need to have an open mind, be prepared to listen and accept. Heā€™s so goddamn patronising with it too

Reactions: 9

im sure he even said in that video as a joke ā€œHannahā€™s a big racistā€ or something to that affect and I remember thinking you are a total bell end, your sense of humour is just not funny. A theme that ruins their current vlogs if you ask me! If itā€™s not him trying to be funny itā€™s him and his dreary, monotone monologues of how he views the world, desperate to be some deep poet - makes me cringe inside!

• Angry
Reactions: 6

New poster on this thread!
Completely forgot these two existed until I saw this! You hit the nail on the head they used to be my favourite you tubers when they were in London with Grayson as a baby/toddler.. I stopped watching religiously when they moved to bath and I think Iā€™ve half watched one or two since their second baby (Rufus?) was born.

from reading the last two pages looks like they havenā€™t progressed much at all. I just didnā€™t like Stefan as much as I liked Hannah and I felt like he was featuring himself a lot more heavily in vlogs. My boyfriend is also a filmmaker and his little montage speeches sometimes remind me a little of him so maybe itā€™s just a filmmaker thing lol? He is just insufferable though I think, at least I can tell my boyfriend to chill out and shut it šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I donā€™t watch their videos anymore (used to love them when Grayson was a toddler, they seemed really down to earth and the vlogs were so chilled) but anyway.. so obviously I hadnā€™t seen the one where she tells her young son to stfu. Yes it was under her breath but still loud enough for him to hear if it was picked up on camera. Im sure most parents lose patience at times but I could never imagine saying that out loud to a child.

• Angry
Reactions: 1
how are they still making money? i'm dying for Hannah to have to get a real job so she can stop saying 'i've got work to do 'which is taking. a photo of a make up brush flat lay. I would love to see them both behind desks 9-5 non YT related

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Must rely on YouTube revenue as WantFeed hasnā€™t taken off has it! I think Stef had visions of it being like Pinterest! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Cracks me up that he thinks itā€™s an original concept- he basically took Pinterest, called it something else and directly monetised it. Itā€™s such an awful materialistic concept. Basically itā€™s for greedy people to create a glorified wish list. Whatever happened to being grateful for any gift. Now we live in a world where you have the brass neck to direct people to a site so you can make sure that they provide you with the right calibre of gift!

Also, what even is the bloody point? If I want something Iā€™ll buy it or have it in my head with a view to buy it eventually. I donā€™t need to go through all the hassle of pinning a picture on a curated feed beforehand! šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø Am I missing the point?

how are they still making money? i'm dying for Hannah to have to get a real job so she can stop saying 'i've got work to do 'which is taking. a photo of a make up brush flat lay. I would love to see them both behind desks 9-5 non YT related
Also what happened to Hannahā€™s overpriced make up bags? Does she still do them?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
^i haven't watched any of their vlogs in ages, but pick a vlog, and see if it has an 'outro' at the end of the vlog, where they both talk to the camera. It's usually her being passive aggressive cynical- jab at whatever Stef says it, and he usually takes it with a smile. He never gives it back to her. She stares off into the camera like it's a huge bother for her and inconvenience.

I had to stop watching their videos because of Stef - his attitude is abhorrent. He goes out of his way to be deliberately contrary because he thinks that shows intelligence and it's so tedious to watch. Big 'I'm just playing devil's advocate' energy from him

Reactions: 11
Itā€™s the voice he puts on and it all goes black and white and slowed down. Heā€™s probably right up close to his microphone whispering into it and thinking about how intelligent he sounds!
I do think heā€™s intelligent, I do think heā€™s talented, but heā€™s better than a weekly vlogger he should be a journalist or film maker behind the scenes. Bike rides and silky montages plus his muses on the world do my head in!
sheā€™s really not that interesting anymore. I donā€™t know why I still watch religiously like I always have done! Itā€™s a snore-fest generally šŸ˜¬

For awhile it felt like half their vlogs were the kids running around in slow motion with capes and wellies on.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh sheā€™s said why sheā€™s been quiet on Instagram about BLM. Apparently educating herself privately and ā€œactions speak louder than wordsā€
Bollocks

Oh sheā€™s said why sheā€™s been quiet on Instagram about BLM. Apparently educating herself privately and ā€œactions speak louder than wordsā€
Bollocks
Bollocks is right. When you have 200k followers, do you not want to use that reach of yours in a productive way to help end racism? Bet theyā€™ve done F all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.