The Michalaks #4 Claiming sobriety,what were they thinking?It’s not semantics when they’re still drinking

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My son is at uni studying for his degree in music performance and production. He and his friend have got a grant to set up a music studio for underprivileged teenagers in our local area. The local council is investing too. They both have ADHD and play in local bands. My daughter is going to help with admin/publicity etc. I'm so proud of the three of them.
How wonderful. I wish them every success. That is a really worthwhile project.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My son is at uni studying for his degree in music performance and production. He and his friend have got a grant to set up a music studio for underprivileged teenagers in our local area. The local council is investing too. They both have ADHD and play in local bands. My daughter is going to help with admin/publicity etc. I'm so proud of the three of them.
What an incredible thing for them to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you ♥. There are some really talented teens out there who never get the chance to express themselves musically.....We're in the north so, opportunities for them are virtually non existent.........unless they manage to get on a music course at college.

Reactions: 4
I can not believe they are actually selling this lovely house without even knowing where they are going. They have such a nice and cosy lifestyle, it's beyond me why would you need to search somethig greater in life when you already have everything you need and it's there in front of you
It's clever marketing move for their channel though, people are going to stick around to watch the tit show unfold

Wonder how much they'll have after mortgage and fees are taken off? They'll need a chunk to rent and then buy in Portugal. Plus potential school fees if boys go to an international school.
I can't see Hannah wanting anything less than a nice place near the coast, with the type of upmarket cafes she likes to go to frequently nearby. They really aren't the type (or have the imagination/skills/work ethic) to buy a more remote place that needs work (such as Indie Projects have done, spent years self converting an old stone barn into a tiny home with land). So they won't be looking at the lower end of the market.
That means they'll still need to earn, which I guess is where steff's constant need for passive income comes in. Hannah won't get so much ad work being out of the UK (Muller,Sky etc won't be viable),even her green meal delivery things will be out, which pressurises even more the need to earn. They would really have to start being much more consistent with YouTube to actually get decent ad sense money, but they are essentially lazy.

Reactions: 5
Wonder how much they'll have after mortgage and fees are taken off? They'll need a chunk to rent and then buy in Portugal. Plus potential school fees if boys go to an international school.
I can't see Hannah wanting anything less than a nice place near the coast, with the type of upmarket cafes she less to go to frequently. They really aren't the type (or have the imagination/skills/work ethic) to buy a more remote place that needs work (such as Indie Projects have done, spent years self converting an old stone barn into a tiny home with land). So they won't be looking at the lower end of the market.
So they'll still need to work, which I guess is where steff's constant need for passive income comes in. Hannah won't get so much ad work being out of the UK (Muller,Sky etc won't be viable),even her green meal delivery things will be out. They would really have to start being much more consistent with YouTube to actually get decent ad sense money, but they are essentially lazy.
That’s such a good point about the ads, should they decide to move & not be based in the UK. It would be like starting all over again to establish connections with brands. I honestly don’t know why they just don’t go & get real jobs & let go of what was once a good YouTube gig.

Can you imagine employing Hannah? She wouldn't be able to work when it's the wrong time of month for her "hormonal journey", she'd struggle to get herself into work before mid morning as she'd have to do her yoga/meditation/journalling/dog walk... Neither of them have had a proper job for years, they'd seriously struggle I think to get mainstream jobs. Be lucky to get anything with a decent wage. I've no idea how they've sustained their lifestyle this long.
Have they sold the Tesla yet? He was banging on start of June about the cost of insurance, and it's all the government's doing as they don't want us to drive. He's such a tin foil hatter, negative and bitter, everyone's out to get him/people like him, yada yada yada. Boring middle aged man with a chip on his shoulder.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
£25 for cards. What a tit show.
Schools have been using twinkl for conversational groups for years. With better questions! The kids love it (mostly because they get to miss assembly)

also, there are houses in Bath that aren’t worth £1mil. They could look at moving further out of the centre. It’s not hard. Bath is tiny. But they would lose face I guess. Ridiculous.

Hannah’s just posted on her stories saying that she’s streamlined her supplements as she “was taking so many and she didn’t need to be”.
all those AF links to the vitamins she was taking all the time - she didn’t know what she was doing. I wonder how many followers have a trendy little pill box filled with expensive and useless supplements off the back of idiots like Hannah encouraging it like some kind of trend?
---
Good luck to them getting a mil for that house in today’s market as well! I’m sure they’ll postpone the move when they see how stagnant the housing market is.
also I’m not sure they’ve got the patience or resilience to cope with selling a house - imagine people wanting viewings and it not being centred around their little daily routines 😅 maybe they’re hoping it will sell while they’re on the road trip.

Reactions: 7
If they have any sense they will get it on asap. Families normally like to move ready for kids starting school in September ( if moving into the area).

If they have any sense they will get it on asap. Families normally like to move ready for kids starting school in September ( if moving into the area).
I think it’s extremely unlikely they’ll be able to pull off a house sale, find somewhere to live in Portugal, pack, sort out visas AND get the boys enrolled in a Portuguese school for September in just 10 weeks. Not to mention organising the logistics for an international move. That’s insanity. But then again they don’t have 9-to-5s so probably do have the time to invest it making it happen?

Reactions: 8
No but if they wan
I think it’s extremely unlikely they’ll be able to pull off a house sale, find somewhere to live in Portugal, pack, sort out visas AND get the boys enrolled in a Portuguese school for September in just 10 weeks. Not to mention organising the logistics for an international move. That’s insanity. But then again they don’t have 9-to-5s so probably do have the time to invest it making it happen?
Tbh to sell then the sooner it’s on the better. They don’t neeed to buy anything yet and could easily rent. He said everything will go into storage. I wonder if they will pack and move themselves or will the poor little broke Michalaks pay £££s for someone else to do it! They could Home school for six months until they decide where it is they want to buy. I’m guessing their aim is next year? It’s all bloody mad if you ask me.

No but if they wan

Tbh to sell then the sooner it’s on the better. They don’t neeed to buy anything yet and could easily rent. He said everything will go into storage. I wonder if they will pack and move themselves or will the poor little broke Michalaks pay £££s for someone else to do it! They could Home school for six months until they decide where it is they want to buy. I’m guessing their aim is next year? It’s all bloody mad if you ask me.
It’s cost Elle Darby/Swift a load of money- I know she had her stuff shipped from UK to Houston though. Did she say it was £8000 per shipping container? Will the Michalak’s have to pay for private health care in Portugal? I hope so, as they might appreciate the treatment that Grayson has received twice in the last few weeks.
I’ve been reading that a lot of immigrants are living in Portugal….both legal and illegal. They don’t require any documentation to be able to get work - while their visas are decided upon. Portugal’s immigrant population has risen by 70% in the last five years. I thought Stef was against migration - didn’t he vote for Brexit? 🙁

It was interesting reading the comments on one of their recent vlogs, someone said putting stuff in storage was really expensive so get rid of almost everything.
Another said they kept a small property here which they rented out, and were glad they had as have had to move back and would never have afforded to get back into the UK property market otherwise. There are others saying the similar, they'll be priced out of the UK market in future of they sell and buy in Portugal (obviously this depends how the relative property markets change over time).
What happened to their coffee line? I thought that was a big thing they were launching, got their own personal roast. Like Glow State, big fan fare launch, fizzled out never too be mentioned again. Surely Glow State has to be a huge flop? Do they actually sell anything on it?

Reactions: 6
What is going on with Gray? Always seems to be ill or having some sort of drama. Perhaps he is picking up on the tension at home. Did Stef really vote Brexit? I wonder what the rules are now for non EU, and can they stay in Portugal all year round.

It was interesting reading the comments on one of their recent vlogs, someone said putting stuff in storage was really expensive so get rid of almost everything.
Another said they kept a small property here which they rented out, and were glad they had as have had to move back and would never have afforded to get back into the UK property market otherwise. There are others saying the similar, they'll be priced out of the UK market in future of they sell and buy in Portugal (obviously this depends how the relative property markets change over time).
What happened to their coffee line? I thought that was a big thing they were launching, got their own personal roast. Like Glow State, big fan fare launch, fizzled out never too be mentioned again. Surely Glow State has to be a huge flop? Do they actually sell anything on it?
BIB - And I can’t wait! This is the tit show I’m waiting for.

I have a relative who lives and works in Porto (moved out 2018/19). Has a beautiful 2 bed apartment which cost an arm and a leg because of the location, but waited years before deciding where to buy, and never plans on leaving. No dependents (choice), has a great support network and lives an amazing life, travelling with work.

They’ve put no real research in, other than “cheap living, Instagram life”. No thought to the kids. No thought to the dogs (bets they’ll survive a summer in a van? They’ll get heatstroke and die because they were negligent.

Reactions: 2
BIB - And I can’t wait! This is the tit show I’m waiting for.

I have a relative who lives and works in Porto (moved out 2018/19). Has a beautiful 2 bed apartment which cost an arm and a leg because of the location, but waited years before deciding where to buy, and never plans on leaving. No dependents (choice), has a great support network and lives an amazing life, travelling with work.

They’ve put no real research in, other than “cheap living, Instagram life”. No thought to the kids. No thought to the dogs (bets they’ll survive a summer in a van? They’ll get heatstroke and die because they were negligent.
The heat waves are taking so many lives over in mainland Europe....in Greece and Turkey. It's forecast to be 42-44c this week over there

I don’t see why they don’t keep the house and rent it out for a bit tbh. Seems like they will lose a lot of money selling it and probs won’t be able to get back on the ladder if Portugal goes tits up

I don’t see why they don’t keep the house and rent it out for a bit tbh. Seems like they will lose a lot of money selling it and probs won’t be able to get back on the ladder if Portugal goes tits up
To be fair they did explain that if they rented it out they would lose more money as it wouldn’t cover the mortgage and the agents fees.

Reactions: 1