The Michalaks #4 Claiming sobriety,what were they thinking?It’s not semantics when they’re still drinking

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sell the house if they genuinely can’t affo
I don’t see why they don’t keep the house and rent it out for a bit tbh. Seems like they will lose a lot of money selling it and probs won’t be able to get back on the ladder if Portugal goes tits up
They can’t afford to keep it, thats the issue. As said to rent it out isn’t cost effective. I think no matter what the house has to go if it’s as bad as he says. However they could downsize and stay local.

Reactions: 1
I think it was a stretch even in the golden days of Gleam. Now that's gone, their income must have taken a massive hit. There are houses for sale in Bath with much more space around the 600k mark.
Feel sorry for the kids having to leave it, and their schools. Imagine being home schooled by dick brain and yoga fairy.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it was a stretch even in the golden days of Gleam. Now that's gone, their income must have taken a massive hit. There are houses for sale in Bath with much more space around the 600k mark.
Feel sorry for the kids having to leave it, and their schools. Imagine being home schooled by dick brain and yoga fairy.
Agree! Also it’s fine saying Grayson is like him and finds school hard but what about Rufus? The little guy seems really bright, I hope they don’t ruin his education.

Reactions: 6
Agree! Also it’s fine saying Grayson is like him and finds school hard but what about Rufus? The little guy seems really bright, I hope they don’t ruin his education.
Instead of finding Grayson a new school that may be more suited to his needs .......they want to leave the country!

Reactions: 5
Poor Grayson, if he finds it hard at school here how on earth do they think it's going to be any better for him going to school in a foreign country?

Reactions: 7
How big is their mortgage that renting it out won’t cover mortgage payments and fees?
The 4 bed Victorian townhouse on my road has just been rented out for £2500 a month and we don’t live anywhere like Bath.
It’s a similar size to theirs without the loft conversion.
I wonder how much equity they have.

Reactions: 5
How big is their mortgage that renting it out won’t cover mortgage payments and fees?
The 4 bed Victorian townhouse on my road has just been rented out for £2500 a month and we don’t live anywhere like Bath.
It’s a similar size to theirs without the loft conversion.
I wonder how much equity they have.
It’s not adding up for me either because
I thought that switching your mortgage to buy-to-let meant you only pay the interest? That massively brings down your monthly payment and means you profit from rent!? Isn’t that… being a landlord? Unless they haven’t got enough equity in the house to switch and they’re mortgaged up to the eye balls 👀

• Heart
It’s not adding up for me either because
I thought that switching your mortgage to buy-to-let meant you only pay the interest? That massively brings down your monthly payment and means you profit from rent!? Isn’t that… being a landlord? Unless they haven’t got enough equity in the house to switch and they’re mortgaged up to the eye balls 👀
Our buy-to-let mortgage is £750/m on £200k. We rent it out for £1300 and after fees and tax we get about £300/m. We don’t do it to make money but just kept it when my OH moved in with me, but the equity’s definitely increased in the meantime as it’s gone up in value.

They’d be looking at a far higher rent and Bath is always going to increase in value significantly so unless mortgaged to oblivion I don’t understand why they wouldn’t keep it.

Speaking as someone who is from one of the most expensive areas of Bath, things here aren’t being let for as much as they used to be. Same with selling too.

Reactions: 3
Watching with interest as we made a similar move, but to Spain; although we did purchase two small terrace houses on the Welsh border to keep the equity invested in property. In Spain, to get residency you have to show savings, and also sign up to private healthcare and private school, which I respect. They are happy to have us here, but don’t want us rinsing their services. I have commented on their YouTube that they should try Spain over Portugal … there are just many more opportunities here, with it being a much bigger country with a substantial international community from all over the world. Both Spain and Portugal have very low birth rates; Spain is 1.3 and they do need young families coming in who are committed to staying.

It’s funny how in their ads for the blackout cards they don’t even discuss the answers the kids give with them. They all just quickly move on and say what the next persons answer is. I thought the whole point of them is connection? Surely it would be better to have a good chat about what each person - especially the kids have to say.

Reactions: 8
The house near to them at £985k is still on the market.......I know it was only added the first week in June but, the house is decorated much more appealingly to buyers plus it appears to have been extended and has a separate utility room. The loft conversion includes a fifth double bedroom, study and bathroom. There is also a workshop in the cellar.

Sorry, I still think people who voted for Brexit shouldn't be allowed to move abroad 😂 And his stupid comment about the pandemic - they spent lockdown in their huge house, their jobs weren't affected, Hannah was just baking and doing yoga and walking the dogs all day long. Some people lost jobs, houses, loved ones, had to work from their one room flats, or were essential workers. If I was him, I'd shut the duck up. Immediately.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
🤢 How does Hannah sleep with him! Seeing him on his latest feel about those bloody cards is the biggest ick. 🤮🤮🤮 Some ugly bloke in his forties dicking about just so he doesn’t have to go and get a steady job.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
🤢 How does Hannah sleep with him! Seeing him on his latest feel about those bloody cards is the biggest ick. 🤮🤮🤮 Some ugly bloke in his forties dicking about just so he doesn’t have to go and get a steady job.
My husband did that after being able to retire early as he grafted in real jobs for 39 years .....and paid into an excellent pension scheme. We are mortgage free.......Stef has to worry about his income and he's 44 this year! If Grayson wants an 'inspirational figure'.......it's not Stef 😬

Reactions: 4
My husband did that after being able to retire early as he grafted in real jobs for 39 years .....and paid into an excellent pension scheme. We are mortgage free.......Stef has to worry about his income and he's 44 this year! If Grayson wants an 'inspirational figure'.......it's not Stef 😬
Snap! Mortgage free after both working and planning for the future. Also living well within our means so we are now able to relax a bit.

• Heart
The house near to them at £985k is still on the market.......I know it was only added the first week in June but, the house is decorated much more appealingly to buyers plus it appears to have been extended and has a separate utility room. The loft conversion includes a fifth double bedroom, study and bathroom. There is also a workshop in the cellar.
Can you share a link, would love a nose 😂

Reactions: 1
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/147778334. This one is almost identical to their house and very close. It’s sold.
---
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/146846321 and this is for sale. Again very close to them.
Yes, it's the second one
---
Snap! Mortgage free after both working and planning for the future. Also living well within our means so we are now able to relax a bit.
....We have lots of pets and sit in the garden, bird spotting 😂 ....He goes fishing; I dabble with art/crochet/knitting...but, think we'll be helping with son's recording studio eventually

• Heart