The Michalaks #3 Stef is still a pretend hipster twit whilst flogging Ali Express tat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hannah preaches that people should find joy in little things on her yoga account, while she is never fulfilled in real life. They bought a camper van to spend weekends at the beach. They did a few trips and now she wants to spend every evening at a beach in Italy. I find it disturbing that nothing is ever good enough. Surely, people should follow their dreams, but their attitude is sickening. Everything needs to be better and happen faster. They can do whatever they want and will never be able to fill their inner void when they don't work on themselves.
Problem is they’re both goal focused, not value focused.

If someone focuses always on goals, they get pockets of happiness when they get/achieve something (the van, the house, the move to Italy) . Problem is if your happiness depends on achieving the goals, you risk the rest of the time being sad or disappointed when goals aren’t met.

By deciding what values you have you can see those reflected more day to day. Plus by focusing on your values you can keep goals in line with them so you don’t suddenly look up and realise you’re off course.

This video is terribly and childish but explains it better

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was thinking about Carly Rowena earlier and how she is in a similar space to Hannah, into mindfulness, fitness, both with young families and a fitness based business (Carly has an app to Hannah's yoga classes), both have campervans. But Carly (whilst also annoying) generally posts bright colourful pics, her holidays always look amazing and she's generally upbeat even when she's reflecting on things that haven't gone so well. By contrast Hannah's posts go for an arty/dark/shady angle which come across a bit try hard, and nothing they post looks like they are having fun. Their last weekend vlog I watched, moping round a bookshop, only smiled when she realised Stef was filming her, stylish coffee shops but they just don't look like they are "there" as in present and enjoying it. Think they are both suffering with something but especially Hannah.

Reactions: 7
Wonder whether she taken all her vitamins for her hormones/mood with her. Those alone must have been a suitcase full…
Or maybe she’s ok now she’s in dreamy Italy by the lovely beach every evening

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Simply they live beyond their means. If it’s too much sell up and buy smaller, live more simply. Both get jobs that do not involve filming your children.

• Heart
Problem is they’re both goal focused, not value focused.

If someone focuses always on goals, they get pockets of happiness when they get/achieve something (the van, the house, the move to Italy) . Problem is if your happiness depends on achieving the goals, you risk the rest of the time being sad or disappointed when goals aren’t met.

By deciding what values you have you can see those reflected more day to day. Plus by focusing on your values you can keep goals in line with them so you don’t suddenly look up and realise you’re off course.

This video is terribly and childish but explains it better

I'm value focused. I follow Richard E Grant and just before his dear wife died, she said to him 'look for a pocketful of happiness every day'.....which is what I do.....The Michalaks never look happy........

• Heart
Reactions: 8
781DF186-1737-49B6-91B3-620148A35023.jpeg

I don’t understand people like this. They’re already living beyond their means and he’s buying crypto. He probably thinks he’s just done them a solid

• Wow
Reactions: 6
View attachment 2151430
I don’t understand people like this. They’re already living beyond their means and he’s buying crypto. He probably thinks he’s just done them a solid
Just reeks of someone desperate to make a quick buck without putting the work in. I’m sure all this talk of moving to Italy must have increased engagement. Lots of comments in Hannah’s posts for the first time for a while.

• Wow
Did they really put that giant kid on the back of a bike? There are plenty of 3 year olds riding bikes now (without stabilisers, thanks to balance bikes!) MTB races are full of under 5s. There is NO reason he cannot safely ride a bike of his own, and it would actually be much safer if he did! The amount of weight on the back of that bike that is't leaning when Stef does is hard to control if he has to swerve. Plus, the bullying!! Let your kid be the age he actually is, ffs

• Wow
Their new vlog is up and it's unintenionally funny. Hannah is cosplaying Italian life in her expensive reformation dress while Stef is waffling about italian culture while complaining about closed shops on a bank holiday, their rented Fiat and the rain.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Their new vlog is up and it's unintenionally funny. Hannah is cosplaying Italian life in her expensive reformation dress while Stef is waffling about italian culture while complaining about closed shops on a bank holiday, their rented Fiat and the rain.
They really are twats.

• Haha
They really are. Stef doesn't manage to drive a Fiat500 up a hill and pretends it's the cars' fault. Hannah already feels stranded a few days into their holidays and they both discuss to start drinking again because it would be for the special occasion and not to numb themselves. Stef thinks living in the mountains would be great for a creative couple that loves to write and read and not (surprise) a family with small boys.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
So funny. And the whole “tune in next week to see if we like the city life..”desperately trying to be engaging and failing miserably. I don’t think anyone is buying what they’re selling, not even them 😂

• Haha
I feel like they're dreaming of a life where they don't have kids!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They are really bloody pathetic! Adults who can go and get jobs where they are guaranteed a wage, sell their house and downsize, cut their cloth, but no, they witch and moan about being broke, whilst swanning around in their new camper van, go to Italy at a drop of a hat, still want only the best things in life and look,down their noses at anything they think is beneath them. For two people who claim to have grown up poor they certainly hide it well!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
They come across as a pair of uncultured idiots....even Stef's plummy accent was reverting back to his old Guildford one

They would be better doing more research and maybe testing out/renting a home for a year before they buy anywhere

I stupidly thought they would have learned some basic Italian before going out there

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
He thinks he’s funny. He’s not funny.
They’re the sort of pretentious pricks that will spend a week in Italy and start having an Italian accent. Also does he have a LV tattoo? Wtaf.
They think they’re going to be like the French Chateau programme - he describes himself as a “boomer”. My god what a prick of the highest bleeping order. The way he spoke to that dog too. What a bleeping nasty arse.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Do they think that people who live in Italy all live lives that are 95% Holiday? Like is that genuinely what they think?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ahahaha that was the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen in ages. Well Stef thinks he's funny but we are laughing for all the wrong reasons.
They are actually surprised that living in a remote Italian mountainside isn't child friendly?!
And his rant about the car. No you are a useless driver that can't handle hills. Not the car!
Hannah wafting around in a floor length cottage core dress and unsuitable birkenstock clog footwear in her Disney air bnb! Highly cringey but amusing levels if stupidity. Research so little, that they don't even know its a bank holiday in Italy while they are there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I noticed lots of people on her beach vs mountains insta post that a fair few people said the vibe at the beach would be very different in the summer when you can't move for people. They won't have thought of that and will probably moan no end about it if they lived there. Mind you they live in touristy Bath which is a pain in the arse when the tour groups are out in force.
Also, something that annoyed me a few weeks back, she showed her packing the van and every single bit of food in the cupboard and fridge was from M&S, no money my arse! I have a camper, and mine is mainly loaded with Aldi food when we go away which includes some delicious treats. There really is no need to shop only in M&S/Waitrose only, esp if you claim to be hard up!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.