The Michalaks #2 The Adventures of Hannah Maggs and Baldspot McVoiceover

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an absolute clanger.

Of course he would say something so deliberately rage-inducing, he’s sitting pretty in his editing suite in a million pound home while the NHS staff nurse the patients who die without their family beside them.

Reactions: 12
Well as much as it pains me to say this as I'm not stefs biggest fan, everyone has the right to freedom of speech and if he feels a certain way then he is allowed to voice it. There has been alot of controversy with this site over the years, however it still remains because people are allowed to say what they think. Opening up topics for further conversation shouldnt be shut down or banned as all we will have left is an echo chamber for one narrative. We are diverse people with millions of experiences that shape our thoughts and views, no one should be allowed to take that away.
There have been a lot of threads on here that I dislike or dont agree with, but instead of arguing and calling people twats, I prefer to find out more and find out why people think the way they do.
Either way, hes just lost his Dad so hes bound to be less articulate and deep in grief.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do you also want to find out why people think the way they do if they have just buried people they love to Covid and open up Instagram to this guy saying it’s all a hoax????

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Freedom of speech is one thing but if you are an influencer and writing posts advising people to 'not live in fear like you are told to' in regard to a global pandemic this is dangerous. I am sorry for his lose but if people start believing this advice from Stef then I am afraid many others will be grieving loved ones. It is a ridiculous thing to post on his social media and I am pleased people have called him out on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He needs to read the article that Tim Hayward, food writer and restaurant owner, wrote in the FT about his experience with COVID.

Reactions: 2
Well as much as it pains me to say this as I'm not stefs biggest fan, everyone has the right to freedom of speech and if he feels a certain way then he is allowed to voice it. There has been alot of controversy with this site over the years, however it still remains because people are allowed to say what they think. Opening up topics for further conversation shouldnt be shut down or banned as all we will have left is an echo chamber for one narrative. We are diverse people with millions of experiences that shape our thoughts and views, no one should be allowed to take that away.
There have been a lot of threads on here that I dislike or dont agree with, but instead of arguing and calling people twats, I prefer to find out more and find out why people think the way they do.
Either way, hes just lost his Dad so hes bound to be less articulate and deep in grief.
I agree with much of what you've said.
However, he is promoting that people go against guidance and rules, some of which are law. It's bordering on incitement.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Bit of a lurker and first time posting on this thread:)

I wonder if Stef wasn't saying it's all a hoax. I totally agree that it was an irresponsible caption to put up - he should've known better and expected the backlash and if he wanted to make a point he should've thought better about how it sounded. I don't think he's saying it's all lies and nothing is happening though, it just so happens that he stupidly used statistics that covid-hoaxers do use to justify why they believe it's all fake. I don't think he believes that, from what he's been putting out there before. If he was a covid-hoaxer I think we would know about it by now because Stef just is a twit, he's a cynic and outspoken and he so would've made it clear if he thought it was fake at this point.

A lot of us can agree that the way the government have handled the pandemic is tit - cronyism and wastes of money and time aside, half the guidelines didn't make sense, they've been impossible to follow sometimes and the government completely ignored science. I think everyone is just so aware that we could have been out of this by now if the government hadn't fucked up as much as they have and especially for me, and a lot of other young people I know, that's what we're fed up of. To me, that was the point Stef was trying to make, but he just made it so badly and in a completely stupid way. I think it's fair to say he's probably still grieving and maybe that's made him less articulate but I think calling him anti-lockdown and a covid hoaxer isn't overly fair.

Reactions: 3
Bit of a lurker and first time posting on this thread:)

I wonder if Stef wasn't saying it's all a hoax. I totally agree that it was an irresponsible caption to put up - he should've known better and expected the backlash and if he wanted to make a point he should've thought better about how it sounded. I don't think he's saying it's all lies and nothing is happening though, it just so happens that he stupidly used statistics that covid-hoaxers do use to justify why they believe it's all fake. I don't think he believes that, from what he's been putting out there before. If he was a covid-hoaxer I think we would know about it by now because Stef just is a twit, he's a cynic and outspoken and he so would've made it clear if he thought it was fake at this point.

A lot of us can agree that the way the government have handled the pandemic is tit - cronyism and wastes of money and time aside, half the guidelines didn't make sense, they've been impossible to follow sometimes and the government completely ignored science. I think everyone is just so aware that we could have been out of this by now if the government hadn't fucked up as much as they have and especially for me, and a lot of other young people I know, that's what we're fed up of. To me, that was the point Stef was trying to make, but he just made it so badly and in a completely stupid way. I think it's fair to say he's probably still grieving and maybe that's made him less articulate but I think calling him anti-lockdown and a covid hoaxer isn't overly fair.
Yes this what I think too, hes not saying covid is a hoax etc, his caption was clearly for clicks and obviously it worked.
To shut him down for stating many true facts would be ridiculous.
I think people should be responsible but dont not go for that walk or carry out safe day to day activities in fear of dying or being responsible for someone else dying. Allowing excessive fear will ruin your mental health let alone what it's doing to children currently. The suicide rates are up 300% and that's a true reflection of the state of our country currently.
Many countries are almost back to pre covid life yet we are back where we started. We should be looking at the government for their vile handling of the situation rather than turning on each other. If the government had closed borders and stopped all flights then perhaps we wouldn't have strains from Brazil or South Africa?! The eating out scheme was just the government making a desperate attempt to save the hospitality sector completely calling under. However in hind sight, was this a good idea?! Anyway, have a great day everyone.

Reactions: 5
I mean, he's not wrong. Those are the statistics BUT that's still tit loads of deaths and grieving families. Sure, the odds show that you'll probably be fine if you catch Covid but what if you're not? Or what if you pass it onto someone that can't fight it off? So yeah, it is only a tiny percentage and whilst that is a risk I'd be willing to take for my own immediate family (young, fit, healthy, etc.), it's not a chance all people can afford to take. And then there are the long term effects which is a whole separate issue. Anyway, I do appreciate the point he is trying to make and I would probably be feeling angry and bitter if that was my dad, but you still can't ignore that the percentage of people dying is still bleeping loads of dead bodies. I see it from both sides tbh and I'm constantly changing my mind. Just a tit time all round. One part of me is desperate to protect the vulnerable and the other part says, 'well yeah this past year has shown us that life is too bloody short'. It's hard. Just got to hope these restrictions are the right thing in the long term and keep going.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if he's posted this because of the restrictions - must be so hard because I bet he can't travel to his Dad's funeral.

Reactions: 3
I imagine him continuing with this narrative will lead to sponsors keeping their distance. Whilst he is entitled to his views I think brands will view them as controversial and not in line with the majority of consumers experiences of this difficult time.
Methinks he just needs to step away from social media for a bit

Reactions: 4
I think Hannah comes across so much better when she’s the one holding the camera.
I actually like Stef & he’s very talented but 100,000 deaths, c’mon now Stef. It’s about fear, fear for those other than yourself.
I saw someone post on Guru Gossip that they saw someone left Stef a comment saying he could have paid for his Dad’s op. Totally heartless comment, he doesn’t deserve that. You can’t necessarily just buy an operation for starters private healthcare also had waiting lists, his condition may not have been that serious etc

Reactions: 1
I've just noticed he has posted on Instagram a piece of art he treated himself to - to celebrate 'a month of sobriety' I'm wondering if its just a dry january celebration or if they are finally addressing their alcohol intake. I'm also enjoying Hannahs vlogs and have noticed she's not drinking wine/beer in every vlog like she used to.

Reactions: 4
The lack of effort in even titling a video from Hannah today. 'DITL week5 lockdown'. Really?

What an absolute clanger.

Of course he would say something so deliberately rage-inducing, he’s sitting pretty in his editing suite in a million pound home while the NHS staff nurse the patients who die without their family beside them.
Yes well said. He has no idea what the hell he’s on about. Nothing new. Stef usually talks out of his ass. But he likes to use big words to Pretend he knows what he’s on about.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.