The Lodge Guys #19 Moan, moan, moan, monorail, monorail. monorail, moan, moan, moan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I lived in a major city with decent public transit, I wouldn't bother with a car at all. But I know we've got it cheaper than you do over there! Mum and I were talking about how crazy the petrol is at the moment and she said she's glad she and dad don't rent a car anymore when they go over.
I moved out of the city because I was paying 50% of my pay on rent. No public transit here though so car dependant and now that’s so expensive to run I’m feeling the pinch. Being single and having an above minimum wage I get very little back for the tax I pay and Im entitled to nothing. This is the first year since moving here that I don’t feel comfortable and am actively budgeting. It def impacts how I view the vlogger sphere. Despite the pinch I’m far from the worst off and yet I feel so far removed from those buying $200 per point DVC and planning their next trip after coming back from a 7 week one. And throwing a grand at a new camera. Sometimes it feels like they’re completely removed from the real world but of course we don’t know what the truth is. I’m still hoping for a Louis Theroux style documentary so we can get behind the BS, I’d love to see him speak to the LGs in-laws, Pricks mother,Hattan’s parents, Victoria’s ex….. the tea would be piping!

Reactions: 7
As several others have mentioned - brandy for IBS? I call :poop: on that one.

Do you know what also seems to calm his IBS? That's right red wine, gin, cocktails, blue moons etc. Seems to be a trend there. How convenient.

Reactions: 13
It laughed out loud on the 'comments of the day' recently (not sure which vlog) amd they read a comment about w place they ate at amd Prick exclaimed about the blue moon being great there....then a moment or two later, he says it again, mentioning it was with Pineapple....all about the booze!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I also thought it was sourdough that caused all his stomach problems during lockdown. Is brandy a cure for IBS.

Oh hang on he still hasn't been to gbe GP or been diagnosed with IBS as that would mean his travel insurance would rocket in price. What are the odds that he doesn't declare his IBS or his asthma?

Alcohol is the cause of his issues not the solution. When alcohol intake increases and food intake decreases it causes more problems and could lead to dementia. But then again they only share when they pay

Reactions: 11
If he doesn't declare his asthma and then have an attack which his inhaler won't help then he will be in trouble to claim anything back!! If it is bad enough to have to carry an inhaler with you then you really should declare it!

Guaranteed he doesn't want to go through the steps the GP will make you do to find out if you have IBS so won't go and see about it either so will self diagnose and medicate!

Reactions: 6
If he doesn't declare his asthma and then have an attack which his inhaler won't help then he will be in trouble to claim anything back!! If it is bad enough to have to carry an inhaler with you then you really should declare it!

Guaranteed he doesn't want to go through the steps the GP will make you do to find out if you have IBS so won't go and see about it either so will self diagnose and medicate!
Maybe doesn’t want it to be added to his travel insurance

Reactions: 5
Has the nation suddenly turned dim during Covid lockdown?! Like I get that some things have changed, more forms to fill in, new tests to get etc
But surely there are better places to find the information than a facebook page for regular Joe's who film holidays?! The Misters facebook is a bit like that too! Why have people become incapable of making their own decisions and figuring out how to do things. And why ask questions that have been repeatedly asked because you are trying to be 'noticed' in the group, or is so far out any information given is irrelevant!
I have never been able to understand why people will type a question into Facebook but not Google

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Me neither. The only thing I'd post is to ask for restaurant recommendations.
Someone on there posted a few weeks back asking for non-chain restaurant recommendations and basically all that was in the comments was chains and an aggressive “What’s wrong with Cheesecake Factory” ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That "It's Orlando Time" Facebook page is actually worse for stupid folk asking stupid questions. I had to remove myself for the sake of my sanity as it's like a cult. They seem to start "Crazes" like Mousekeeping Bags for the staff including anything from chocolate bars to silver necklaces (I'm sure Juanita the maid appreciates 14 of them more than cash - NOT), the daft personalised sweetie boxes for the kids for the plane full to brim with sugary shite and the one where if you take Pot Noodles onto the plane the cabin crew will fill them up with boiling water (Eh NAW!!!). But the straw that broke the camels back was the one where the daft bint said she takes a dog bed onto the flight for her baby to sleep in on the floor. I actually was shocked at the amount of idiots who thought this was a great idea. I felt sorry for first timers on that group as they had it drummed into their brain that a spreadsheet was needed to plot every second of your day and that you have to pre-book all restaurants six months in advance or you would starve.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yup... its added a few years to Pouty
Look at the size of his lugs - seriously they have to be the biggest ears I have seen on a human head.

That "It's Orlando Time" Facebook page is actually worse for stupid folk asking stupid questions. I had to remove myself for the sake of my sanity as it's like a cult. They seem to start "Crazes" like Mousekeeping Bags for the staff including anything from chocolate bars to silver necklaces (I'm sure Juanita the maid appreciates 14 of them more than cash - NOT), the daft personalised sweetie boxes for the kids for the plane full to brim with sugary shite and the one where if you take Pot Noodles onto the plane the cabin crew will fill them up with boiling water (Eh NAW!!!). But the straw that broke the camels back was the one where the daft bint said she takes a dog bed onto the flight for her baby to sleep in on the floor. I actually was shocked at the amount of idiots who thought this was a great idea. I felt sorry for first timers on that group as they had it drummed into their brain that a spreadsheet was needed to plot every second of your day and that you have to pre-book all restaurants six months in advance or you would starve.
I had to leave that group too, some of the questions were ridiculous and asked over and over again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm sure the 4K will make them look even more ridiculous in the Florida sun!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.