The Lodge Guys #19 Moan, moan, moan, monorail, monorail. monorail, moan, moan, moan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the blunt, short answers that get me.
Some one asked about settings in the camera and Prick just wrote a couple of words 'fhd/60 in ntsc' now if you know what it means it may be helpful but would it really have hurt Prick to write a few more words ?

For the sake of your mental health, do not read the replies to this Facebook post…
Deluded, I'm so tempted to respond but then j would be banned.
Down to earth my arse, most people in their 40s aren't going on 7 week holidays, popping out for coffee and a tea cake daily. Nor do they have 3 properties and no job ( unless scamming benefits)

Reactions: 12
Yes, you'd think that it would have reset now for the next year of the lease and they've been gone the first six weeks of 2022. Maybe it doesn't reset until later this year. Either way, it's a crappy car to have to rely on. Just buy out the lease on the electric car and drive it as much as you need.
A lease generally doesn’t work like that, it’ll be the amount of miles over the contract term before it goes back that matters, you pay for additional miles used over your contract. Also a lease car is never owned by you unlike a PCP so you don’t pay it off . X

Reactions: 5
Love how they are trying to pad out these home vlogs with comments of the day sections, but their responses to some of them are short sharp and defensive. They genuinely do not care about anyone who follows them if they do not know the £££ value behind them!

Reactions: 7
The members of that group are largely thick as pigshit. They need advice on EVERYTHING to do with their holiday. even if it has been asked a thousand times before. I appreciate planning a Disney trip isn’t always straightforward but the questions they ask are often bordering on the ridiculous. Most of them are on package holidays as well so not that much to sort out. The other day there was someone asking if anyone knew if the rules about masks on planes was going to be changed. How can anyone possibly know what the US is going to do about that and anyway, what does it matter? You’ll either have to wear one or not, that’s it.
The answer to masks on US bound planes isn't going to be answered until at least the 19th April when the next US update is scheduled to happen..

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The answer to mask on US bound planes isn't going to be answered until at least the 19th April when the next US update is scheduled to happen..
These are people who want to know if they should book an LFT test now for a holiday in March 2023 or shitting it about having to fill in a form that’s 2 questions long, they’re not thinking rationally and just egg each other on with the worry. It’s a group for anxiety sufferers, really.

Regarding the mask thing, they’re obsessed with not having to wear a mask as it’s “one less thing to worry about” and I just wonder what the “worry” is as all you have to do is wear one or not, it is hardly anything to get concerned about.

The pre-flight testing is another thing there is endless flap about where their main concern is not being Covid free but travelling at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Has the nation suddenly turned dim during Covid lockdown?! Like I get that some things have changed, more forms to fill in, new tests to get etc
But surely there are better places to find the information than a facebook page for regular Joe's who film holidays?! The Misters facebook is a bit like that too! Why have people become incapable of making their own decisions and figuring out how to do things. And why ask questions that have been repeatedly asked because you are trying to be 'noticed' in the group, or is so far out any information given is irrelevant!

Reactions: 11
Has the nation suddenly turned dim during Covid lockdown?! Like I get that some things have changed, more forms to fill in, new tests to get etc
But surely there are better places to find the information than a facebook page for regular Joe's who film holidays?! The Misters facebook is a bit like that too! Why have people become incapable of making their own decisions and figuring out how to do things. And why ask questions that have been repeatedly asked because you are trying to be 'noticed' in the group, or is so far out any information given is irrelevant!
I was thinking the other day about how the Misters FB group has become a holiday advice group. I don’t know why anyone would trust someone in a random FB group for important information

IBS medicine and asthma! Getting ready for their DAS pass????? Oh and prick arriving through the door with a bottle of brandy for his IBS. You couldn’t make it up could you….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Just seen a question on a similar Facebook group about how to reply to a question about previous convictions on an ESTA form. I mean, WTF? That is way too serious and issue to be asking Steve from Doncaster’s (or whoever’s) opinion on.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Nope, these people asking stupid questions have always been dim!
My particular favourites are:
** Does my Disneyland Paris Hotel provide towels in the room?

** is the weather ever different from what's on the weather app?

** How much spending money should I bring?

I also get annoyed when people ask recently about what food you can/can't take into France and people pipe up insisting they took cheese and milk when they went.....in 2016 🤣🤣

• Haha
A lease generally doesn’t work like that, it’ll be the amount of miles over the contract term before it goes back that matters, you pay for additional miles used over your contract. Also a lease car is never owned by you unlike a PCP so you don’t pay it off . X
Interesting how different it is to Canada... here you lease for a specific period of time like 2 or 4 years and you get a set number of km per year. My mum has leased Toyota Corollas for years and years now and I think she gets 12,000 or 16,000 km per year. If you go over your annual amount, then you pay additional costs. At the end of the lease period you either give the car back to the dealership and buy or lease a new one or you can "buy out" the contract. I did that with my mum's bestie's Corolla last year... a 2017, she's in her late 70s and barely drove it and it only had 13,000 km on it, and it's been parked in an underground garage. I paid $11,000 CAD incl taxes for what was essentially a brand new car. If I'd gone to the same dealership and bought a 2021 it would have been about $25,000 CAD.

It's the same with the cruise vloggers. There one guy who is Canadian and a travel agent and you'd think that what he says is the gospel the way they ask questions. Meanwhile, he's totally given incorrect info in the past as it relates to testing and flights so myself and others have commented numerous times that it's best to check with the Canadian and US govt websites for the most current info.

My favourite is "where should we get a test to return to Canada in Fort Lauderdale before we go to the airport?". Ummmm how about you just make sure you book a later return flight and take a cab from the cruise ship to the airport as soon as you disembark and get tested there? A quick Google search would tell them that but they can't do anything for themselves. I'm glad that the UK and Canada have eliminated return tests for the most part so hopefully alot of the repeated stupid questions will stop. We don't have to mask where I live anymore except in healthcare and nursing home settings but I've still kept two packs of disposable masks for my trip to Japan later this year. I'll wear them on the plane and then throw the rest in my case and wear them if needed. It's not really that difficult to manage/figure out.

Last edited:
Just seen a question on a similar Facebook group about how to reply to a question about previous convictions on an ESTA form. I mean, WTF? That is way too serious and issue to be asking Steve from Doncaster’s (or whoever’s) opinion on.
I work in travel and when we’re asked any Covid/mask/ test type questions our response is “as rules and regulations change all the time, the onus is on you to source the relevant up to date regulations at the time of your travel, we cannot comment further”

Reactions: 13
How can anyone put the words "honest" in the same line as them when they steal, cheat and scam?
How many people in their 40's can spend weeks and weeks away each year?
Have they revealed the actual cost of their trip, car hire, food, tips, tickets, paid accommodation, flights, airport hotel, parking, covid tests, estas, passports etc or do they perpetuate the myth that the sheep can be like them when the reality is the sheep will have one 14 night package holiday and will want to maximise park time instead of lazing in bed until noon each day and making a 2 hour round trip to save a few dollars on a donut?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Interesting how different it is to Canada... here you lease for a specific period of time like 2 or 4 years and you get a set number of km per year. My mum has leased Toyota Corollas for years and years now and I think she gets 12,000 or 16,000 km per year. If you go over your annual amount, then you pay additional costs. At the end of the lease period you either give the car back to the dealership and buy or lease a new one or you can "buy out" the contract. I did that with my mum's bestie's Corolla last year... a 2017, she's in her late 70s and barely drove it and it only had 13,000 km on it, and it's been parked in an underground garage. I paid $11,000 CAD incl taxes for what was essentially a brand new car. If I'd gone to the same dealership and bought a 2021 it would have been about $25,000 CAD.
Bold by me.. That's called a PCP, Personal Contract Plan, in the UK. Leasing here in the UK you have no rights to buy the car at the end of the contract, it just goes back to the company you rented it from. You then have to pay extra if you go over the mileage you agreed when you rented the car or have damaged the car etc.

Reactions: 4
IBS medicine and asthma! Getting ready for their DAS pass????? Oh and prick arriving through the door with a bottle of brandy for his IBS. You couldn’t make it up could you….
He had scrambled eggs on sourdough with Jade, I thought sourdough caused his IBS?

• Haha
CdnGirl77- Mo more teasing about how cheap car ownership is in Canada 😂 I live in an EU country and beteeen the cost of cars, leasing/PCP having poor terms (and being difficult to get since the recession), insurance costs, tax costs, petrol costs…..I could slap you - $11,000 CAD 🥲 😉 Would be closer to 30,000 Euro here. A Corolla starts at 26,000 Euro cash.

Anyway, I think a lot of Florida goers are used to booking a Mediterranean package holiday at the travel agent and then find Florida overwhelming even when they go with the agent. One thing I find interesting on the Dibb which doesn’t have as many completely dim people (have they all gone to FB?!) but does have plenty of anxious overthinkers is that indirect flights literally come between people and their sleep. Changing planes or the mere thought or having to do it in 2024 leaves them awake at night. To the point that many crack and pay £1,200 per person for the direct Virgin flight instead of £600 per person to go via LHR or JFK. “Spending money” is also a bit worry and many people need a figure. Problem is those threads turn toxic and I feel like people may see their spending money as a goal rather than a limit. Speaking of money, I’ve seen people on the Dibb ask if they can pay a 10K hotel balance in cash, if they can still get travellers cheques, if they should convert cash today for a holiday in 2025..

Years ago before we went for the first time there was a reality program on telly about Sanford airport. Following Brits coming in on holiday and the staff at the airport. Not a lot has changed tbh for some. I still see people posting that they made some of the mistakes the people on that show did.

The plus side is that Orlando is an easy holiday. The Americans are easy to deal with and there’s no great culture shock. Some of these people would be chewed up and spat out if they went somewhere that requires street smarts to avoid being scammed or ripped off.

Reactions: 7
He had scrambled eggs on sourdough with Jade, I thought sourdough caused his IBS?
Brandy for ibs too, what the actual #%@! He hasn't got ibs he had 2 different spicy sauces on his dinner no one with ibs would do that as its a recipe for disaster

Reactions: 12
Has anyone watched Bazza's kitchen vlog & noticed how they credited the Lodge Guys for the back seat camera angle? Never seen TLGs credit all the other vloggers they've nicked ideas off.

Also did P & P thank their patrons for paying for their new camera? Maybe I missed it?

Reactions: 11
What do they say about liars? You have to be a very good one to remember what you’ve said.He’s not got IBS or he wouldn’t be eating what he does. He’s an alcoholic not matter how he wraps it up.

CdnGirl77- Mo more teasing about how cheap car ownership is in Canada 😂 I live in an EU country and beteeen the cost of cars, leasing/PCP having poor terms (and being difficult to get since the recession), insurance costs, tax costs, petrol costs…..I could slap you - $11,000 CAD 🥲 😉 Would be closer to 30,000 Euro here. A Corolla starts at 26,000 Euro cash.

Anyway, I think a lot of Florida goers are used to booking a Mediterranean package holiday at the travel agent and then find Florida overwhelming even when they go with the agent. One thing I find interesting on the Dibb which doesn’t have as many completely dim people (have they all gone to FB?!) but does have plenty of anxious overthinkers is that indirect flights literally come between people and their sleep. Changing planes or the mere thought or having to do it in 2024 leaves them awake at night. To the point that many crack and pay £1,200 per person for the direct Virgin flight instead of £600 per person to go via LHR or JFK. “Spending money” is also a bit worry and many people need a figure. Problem is those threads turn toxic and I feel like people may see their spending money as a goal rather than a limit. Speaking of money, I’ve seen people on the Dibb ask if they can pay a 10K hotel balance in cash, if they can still get travellers cheques, if they should convert cash today for a holiday in 2025..

Years ago before we went for the first time there was a reality program on telly about Sanford airport. Following Brits coming in on holiday and the staff at the airport. Not a lot has changed tbh for some. I still see people posting that they made some of the mistakes the people on that show did.

The plus side is that Orlando is an easy holiday. The Americans are easy to deal with and there’s no great culture shock. Some of these people would be chewed up and spat out if they went somewhere that requires street smarts to avoid being scammed or ripped off.
If I lived in a major city with decent public transit, I wouldn't bother with a car at all. But I know we've got it cheaper than you do over there! Mum and I were talking about how crazy the petrol is at the moment and she said she's glad she and dad don't rent a car anymore when they go over.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.