The Kearns #32 Jacks of all trades, masters of none. All fun and games til the flood waters come!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sarahā€™s ā€œnot manyā€ chocolate eggs because nan brings them lots, is already way more than my kids are getting. They were everywhere!!

I guess sheā€™s gone off the RSL foyer already if theyā€™re doing all the Easter stuff upstairs.
Lucky Nanna is back in the picture just in time for Easter or they wouldā€™ve had to buy out the entire Easter Egg section at *gasps* Big W on their own.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Not as traumatised as mine, just one chocolate bunny and one bag of small eggs hidden.

Are other families doing this? Treating Easter like Christmas or a birthday and spending a tit ton of money on gifts? I thought the consumerism part of Easter was a few chocolate eggs?
Absolutely not, I bought my child 1 bunny and 1 packet of hunting eggs. That's it, this whole gifting crap is out of control!

Reactions: 12
You are a monsterā€¦ please read in sarcasm.
Lol the irony of buying ā€œthatā€™s not my monsterā€ for those spoilt children šŸ˜‚

I still canā€™t believe an almost 5 year old wants to read those books. Yes, my older kids will occasionally grab my babyā€™s books and read them. My daughter is same age as Ted and nine times out of ten now she asks for a chapter book at bedtime, or at least longer picture books like Paddington or (TW for Brad) those big Disney ones Big W sells for $5. She wants to read proper books like her older brother. I guess thatā€™s Tedā€™s problem though, none of them read, so he doesnā€™t have anything to aspire to.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Lol the irony of buying ā€œthatā€™s not my monsterā€ for those spoilt children šŸ˜‚

I still canā€™t believe an almost 5 year old wants to read those books. Yes, my older kids will occasionally grab my babyā€™s books and read them. My daughter is same age as Ted and nine times out of ten now she asks for a chapter book at bedtime, or at least longer picture books like Paddington or (TW for Brad) those big Disney ones Big W sells for $5. She wants to read proper books like her older brother. I guess thatā€™s Tedā€™s problem though, none of them read, so he doesnā€™t have anything to aspire to.
My 3 year old loves those books from Big W! She also picks Ella books for us to read to her. I can't remember the last time she went for a board book and if she does it's once in a blue moon.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My 3 year old loves those books from Big W! She also picks Ella books for us to read to her. I can't remember the last time she went for a board book and if she does it's once in a blue moon.
Theyā€™re such great value! I donā€™t always love how long they are. Sometimes wish I could just spend 30 seconds on a single ā€œThatā€™s Not Myā€ book, would speed bedtime up considerably šŸ˜‚

My daughter loves the Meet Ella books too. My son was reading them to himself by Tedā€™s age šŸ« . I know all kids are different, but thereā€™s probably less than 100 words total (closer to 50 even?) in the ā€œthatā€™s not myā€ books, theyā€™re for babies. Wouldnā€™t you at least be trying to encourage him with some more detailed books? Thereā€™s so many amazing picture books.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

My 16 month old is already over them!! Probably was closer to at 12 months! Way to help with their literacy and reading skills, Sez!!

Reactions: 5
My 2 year old is more into books like The Gruffalo, We're Going On A Bear Hunt, The Cranky Bear etc. The That's Not My... haven't been touched by him since he was 1.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.