The Ingham Family #78 Drop that haircut and resend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rarely watch these ignorant fuckers but how the hell do they transport that number of gifts (thinking the Christmas morning presents) away from their house? Do they hire a trailer or something?

Reactions: 5
Sounds like Sarah wants her to do the learning support so she's revising at school and it doesn't take time away from vlogging tbh. That's what I picked up on anyway!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Yes she is taking Drama, Business(in case she starts a business when she get older) Spannish and then the Learning support. At least that's what Sarah said. It was a Sarah (with Isabelle as a suport caracter) show
She’ll have to take maths, science (min 2 usually) + English language and English Literature too, right?

We looked at private schools and they did 3 GCSEs in year 9 (usually languages and “soft humanities”) and then did the full raft of English x2, science x3, maths, geography or history, a language, an art and an option in year 10 and 11.

And learning support at the private schools we looked at was more along the lines of how to revise, how to sit exams etc.

Cats sounds awful! I didn't want to see it anyway but if what they are saying about the sounds true then wow!
I did hear it's already being re edited for when it's out on dvd.

As a mum who has a child who tomorrow night we attend an information evening about subject choices (13 yr old) and a 16 yr old who is currently sitting her prelim exam’s I cannot comprehend the way she did that? Film it and basically choose the subjects for her! And not encourage her to do as much as she can so she can have more time at school to revise! Wow! My 16 yr old sits down every night without fail to revise (she is doing 5 highers including psychology at college so has a LOT to study for but she does because she wants to do well in life) But of course that would take away from being a performing monkey wouldn’t it! Lazy is in for such a shock when it comes to exams and study leave etc..you can’t just book holidays here there and everywhere they have to be planned to fit in with your child needs! She’s such a lazy mother it’s unbelievable, she’s not you!

• Sad
Reactions: 34
I've not watched the vlog, but learning support? 🤨 As a GCSE option? Never heard of anything like it before. Most private schools I've heard of have their students doing more GCSEs than those at state schools.

From what you've all described, it sounds like Sarah doesn't really give a tit about Isabelle's education, and only pays for it as a status symbol.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Cats sounds awful! I didn't want to see it anyway but if what they are saying about the sounds true then wow!
I did hear it's already being re edited for when it's out on dvd.
My sister went to watch Cats and didn’t enjoy it one bit.

Do think the movie is far too sophisticated for that bunch of chavs anyway.
Glad Chris didn’t get his refund.
We can’t always get what we want because we think we’re famous!

Reactions: 20
Sarah didn't exactly explain the learning support well. She didn't mention that it is a teaching assistant who will be helping Isabelle with subjects and work she struggles with. She wouldn't struggle if she was actually at the school every day.

Isabelle's sheet is different to the grid I found online. The one the school put online only has LS on one column, whereas Isabelle's had it on two. This indicated to me that the school had made it mandatory for Isabelle to do LS. It also indicates that those required to do LS are already doing it prior to choosing their GCSEs so I think she is already getting support with her work.

Drama won't be guaranteed for Isabelle either. It is extremely popular and the school will likely choose students who will actually be at school and achieve the top grades to do it. I think if they don't let Isabelle do it, Lazy will be on the warpath.

Reactions: 24
Personally I think it's disgusting they vlogged this. Poor Isabelle now has the world knowing her business. That's a lot of pressure to an already anxious and nervous teen.
Many children have to have learning support and do drop subjects if the workload is too much for them. There is no shame in it but Isabelle's peer group may not be as understanding. Plus we here have said for months, Isabelle is not given anytime to complete homework or it's rushed last minute late at night. I don't think Isabelle has learning struggles, she just has parents who are too wrapped up in making money for the now they're sacrificing their daughters future in the process by not supporting her education.
Money doesn't buy a good education Sarah, good education needs support and encouragement at home aswell as in the classroom.
I completely agree with all you say. I think it’s absolutely revolting to vlog something like that. I would even have that conversation (not that I’ve watched it, just going on what people here have said) in front of close friends or family. It’s between parent and child. I suppose if I wanted advice from a friend who knew more than I did about career options or something I might discuss with them. But sensitively.
When I was doing senior school choices for my daughter I was conflicted between my conscience (I don’t really agree with selective or private schools for society as a whole) and wanting to give her the best chance. I read up on it a lot and there’s a huge body of evidence that shows how important home environment is for educational outcomes. Bedtimes, healthy diet, quiet place to study, regular meal times are all high up on the list of things that help children achieve. We’re pretty relaxed on holidays (Outside of term time!) and stay up till the early hours on NYE and for example on Friday night we’re going to see little women at 8.30pm but we are pretty routine in the week. I don’t think it’s fair not to and I think these are the kind of habits that set you up for a successful future. I know I sound pompous but this is what really gets my goat about this family.

Reactions: 29
My sister went to watch Cats and didn’t enjoy it one bit.

Do think the movie is far too sophisticated for that bunch of chavs anyway.
Glad Chris didn’t get his refund.
We can’t always get what we want because we think we’re famous!
I completely agree, it doesn't look any good but you can't just demand a refund because a movie didn't suit your tastes can you!
What they meant to say is they wanted it to be none stop music to drown out Jaces screaming.
I'm so pleased they lost £40, I bet they made Esme feel bad for wanting to go see it so badly. That's the type of parents they are.

Sarah didn't exactly explain the learning support well. She didn't mention that it is a teaching assistant who will be helping Isabelle with subjects and work she struggles with. She wouldn't struggle if she was actually at the school every day.

Isabelle's sheet is different to the grid I found online. The one the school put online only has LS on one column, whereas Isabelle's had it on two. This indicated to me that the school had made it mandatory for Isabelle to do LS. It also indicates that those required to do LS are already doing it prior to choosing their GCSEs so I think she is already getting support with her work.

Drama won't be guaranteed for Isabelle either. It is extremely popular and the school will likely choose students who will actually be at school and achieve the top grades to do it. I think if they don't let Isabelle do it, Lazy will be on the warpath.
From what I've seen it says that learning support is only an option for those that are already receiving it in year 7,8 or 9. So I have to agree with you, I reckon she is already having it.

Yes originally my daughter was told she couldn’t do drama as she wanted to do art and it was in the same block.
My daughter really fought for her place and because her drama teacher knew how much she really wanted it they let her to do it.

Reactions: 9
Wonder where she will go for work experience next year ? To Matalan with Sarah ? Vlogging experience .

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Wonder where she will go for work experience next year ? To Matalan with Sarah ? Vlogging experience .
She could work at baby and me and do her small business project on it at the same time

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Sure would have been nice to know Esme’s opinion of Cats.
You could see Esme in the very back of the car and when I saw her I thought she looked upset/unhappy she certainly didn't say anything about it which made me feel she maybe didn't feel the same way. I maybe wrong but if Esme wanted to see it surely they could have stayed and just let Isla play on her phone or 1 of the idiot adult could have stayed with Esme and the others come out and entertained the others until the film finished.
20200113_194447.jpg

Also is money that tight that they take the kids to five guys for tea and only get burgers no fries or drinks etc not like the Inghams
20200113_195245.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
School she's free to be Issy....no pressure, just relaxed performance with friends.
On the vlog she's told what to do, directed by Sarah and Chris. We all saw how Chris reacted and shouted at her and Esme for being too loud in the "cinema room" when he thought there was no camera filming. I'd be a nervous mess knowing if I didn't perform to their standards they kick off and I'd imagine they remind her those vlogs are paying for her school so double the pressure to get it right.
What vlog was this on

Is Isabelle only starting her GCSE's in year 10? I think most schools start during 9 year now so I'm surprised a private school doesn't do that

Reactions: 4
As a mum who has a child who tomorrow night we attend an information evening about subject choices (13 yr old) and a 16 yr old who is currently sitting her prelim exam’s I cannot comprehend the way she did that? Film it and basically choose the subjects for her! And not encourage her to do as much as she can so she can have more time at school to revise! Wow! My 16 yr old sits down every night without fail to revise (she is doing 5 highers including psychology at college so has a LOT to study for but she does because she wants to do well in life) But of course that would take away from being a performing monkey wouldn’t it! Lazy is in for such a shock when it comes to exams and study leave etc..you can’t just book holidays here there and everywhere they have to be planned to fit in with your child needs! She’s such a lazy mother it’s unbelievable, she’s not you!
My son is 18 he did ok in his GCSE's picked up 3 subjects in a level after 6 months his head of sixth form sat down and said this is not for you etc wanted to see what he wanted to do. He stick it out sat his first year exams and didnt do as well as he was expecting so his head of sixth form had a meeting with myself and my son to discus his options. He has had to re do year 12 and finishes he A levels this year with 3 different subjects. He has been predicated A* A and B and has applied for university. I can tell you tho it hasn't been easy for him he has had days where he hasn't got home from school till 10pm as he has had rehearsals (he is doing music) he has had performances and has had to be at school at weekends. Isabelle will struggle trust me. GCSE's are just as stressful as A levels ok maybe not to that extent. They will not be able to swan off on holidays etc she will need to do as much revision as possible. My son over xmas was cramming in revision as well as working and having a social life as his exams have started already. I barely see him.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.