The Ingham Family #332 So brown to earth, no holes barred, we only need one debit card!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, seriously...he's going to all that trouble, creeping around with his tripod or whatever it is, in an effort to turn the bleach-drenched balcony tour into a cinematic experience. Give it up, Creepy, if that's the best you've got to offer.

He looks like a constipated guy playing the bagpipes. 😂

View attachment 2915306

Also, didn't he say several days ago that he was about to give the house exterior a big clean? Are they mixing up days now?

Did I hear that right...did Isabelle say she was scared of the coffee cup lid and then she jumped because the coffee machine made a noise? And this is the same girl who supposedly warded off the bad roadmen with a menacing look. Deary me.

So apparently a parents' intuition is usually right, says Isabelle. I'm not really sure where to begin with that one. The girl needs a serious a wakeup call though.
That was the day he appeared at the end of the vlog that never had the ending attached to it - I’m confused why they’ve brought themselves up to date being behind by just a few days now unless he’s planning on giving the channel a break from vlog uploads. Or perhaps, if they have been gifted something, there is a clause about how soon footage needs to go up?

Reactions: 12
She's teaching that "nuh" and "kuh" are sounds of which, with the phonics system, they are strictly not. Trained KS1 teachers are very specific to correct this!
Does this mean she's showing more of Jace's pretend home school education?

I thought they never shared the children's work or lack of progress when it came to school work, as it was private? 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Does this mean she's showing more of Jace's pretend home school education?

I thought they never shared the children's work or lack of progress when it came to school work, as it was private? 🙄🙄
Desperately trying to show Jace isn’t behind where he should be. This is her level though - where does she go from here? What he was doing in the vlog does nothing to make any of her claims any more believable though.

Reactions: 19
Desperately trying to show Jace isn’t behind where he should be. This is her level though - where does she go from here? What he was doing in the vlog does nothing to make any of her claims any more believable though.
Do you have any clips of what he was doing?

I suspect it was more numbers to ten and saying random letters, as that's all she seems to do with him. Or did we get another example of Jace pretends to read a book? 🤣

Reactions: 7
Jace had no clue what he is doing at the math tasks. I don't know where kids should be at his stage but since they would have spend some time learning basics I assume he shouldn't have guessed but rather have known a bit more.

Isabelle is scared of her own shadow that girl. Her behavior is also doing my head in

Reactions: 18
[QUOTE="Abbvay, post: 19211016, member:
Sarah likes to think that going out means going to a nightclub and getting drunk and the only alternative is staying in alone. Most people manage to do many activities that are neither of these. Isabelle does nothing and doesn't even show an interest in doing anything. Any friends she has had in the past will have a different life that she just doesn't fit into. They have other friends that actually put effort into talking to them and have no need to wait around for Isabelle to grow up.
[/QUOTE]

I can’t stand that they imply that at 18 you are either out clubbing and drinking all the time or have to be a stay at home bore like Izzy. My daughter has just turned 18 and isn’t interested in drinking at all.This week with her friends she has gone on several drives (in her own car), gone to Macdonalds, a local cafe, the gym, a morning run, gone on a hike, had a board game night, hung out at their houses, studied for upcoming exams at the library as well as working a part time job where she has made great friends. Nothing extreme or exciting but just normal young adult life. I just can’t imagine why you wouldn’t want this for your child.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
You can tell Jace has never done that counting and addition activity or one similar before, the one using the beads to add up. He didn't have a clue what to do until Sarah showed him step by step.
i'm not in education but doesn't recognising phonics and letters seem a bit basic. If this was Mila it wouldn't be too bad. He also got a lot of the sums wrong, he was clueless cause his lazy parents have never introduced a abaca or done adding/counting in day to day things, If he was in reception class he would be reading and adding and doing 2x tables by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Surely all three of her older children did Phonics at school, it shouldn't be a new to her thing at all !!

Reactions: 11
this is an example of a 'outstanding' reception curriculum with outcomes
:■ follow simple spoken instructions
■ speak clearly, taking turns and listening to what others say
■ participate in talk on a range of topics, both through play and in a class discussion
■ listen attentively to a range of stories, non-fiction, rhymes and poems
■ become familiar with a few traditional and modern stories, recognising and joining in with predictable phrases, reciting some traditional and modern rhymes and poems by heart
■ talk about stories they had heard and say which ones they liked
■ take part in role play in familiar and everyday contexts
participate in whole-class or small-group talk as preparation for writing
■ compose and write independently, when they had the necessary skills
■ rehearse out loud what they were going to write
■ compose a sentence orally before writing it down
■ sequence sentences to form short narratives
■ re-read what they had written to check it made sense
■ read aloud what they had written
■ listen to sounds and identify the correct corresponding graphemes (letters or groups of letters), according to the GPCs taught in the school’s phonics programme
■ sit correctly on a chair at a table when writing
■ hold a pencil correctly and comfortably using the tripod grip
■ form lower-case letters in the correct direction, starting and finishing in the right place
■ form capital letters, as prompted by the phonics programme being followed
■ write, from dictation, simple English words made up of the GPCs they had learned
■ write correctly a few of the common exception words that had been learned for reading
■ write their own name correctly
■ write simple sentences from dictation
■ begin sentences with capital letters and finish with full stops
■ apply phonic knowledge and skills as the route to decode words
■ respond speedily with the correct sound to graphemes (letters or groups of letters) taught in the school’s phonics programme
■ read accurately by blending sounds in unfamiliar words that used only the grapheme–phoneme correspondences (GPCs) that had been taught ■ read a small number of exception words, including common words and words of special interest to children, highlighting to children any unusual correspondences between spelling and sound and where these occurred in the word
■ read words without overt sounding and blending, once children were confident in their decoding, but not before
■ read aloud accurately books that were consistent with their developing phonic knowledge and that did not require them to use other strategies to work out words
■ re-read books to build up their fluency and confidence in word reading.

Bold beginnings - The Reception curriculum in a sample of good and outstanding primary schools (publishing.service.gov.uk)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
All I know is that there's far too much faffing about going on and not enough learning. It's all really bitty (hi Jane!) and style over substance, with the fishing rods and all that crap. Just turn the cards over and let him pick them randomly, no need to wait for him to "catch" one.

Even Mila had the right idea, pushing the magnetised bit onto the fish with her spare hand, to pick them up quicker. She's so bright, that kid. She's great!

Also, did I hear Jace telling Sarah "shush" and she responded by apologising to him? Speaking of rods, she is definitely creating a rod for her own back there.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
He shushed her and she apologised?? 🫨🫨
Yes, at around 4:50. She asks him to work something out but then continues to talk while he's trying to concentrate, so he tells her to shush, whilst holding his pointy finger up at her. She then apologises instead of pulling him up.

They really are doing him no favours by allowing him to get away with this kind of behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
If he was in a class there would be a wide range of abilities. I find it unlikely he’d be in the top or second top groups but all children learn at different speeds. Their age usually has very little to do with what group they will be in. Just depends on the child.

You have children who you can tell parents have done a lot of work with outwith school and so they’re usually in front of other children. There are children who come in knowing very little sounds but take it all in quickly. Then are other children who don’t find it as easy to retain.

Others are right a lot of his class would be able to write sentences sounding the words but there would also be a small group who would need more support in doing this. He would more than likely just copy what’s written for him at this point.

It’s always my favourite thing to see how far the little ones have come on since August when they start primary.

Repetition and consistency is the key. However I know from experience that sometimes even then some children just find it harder. There’s so much you can do to help him learn words, letters, numbers and adding/takeaway where he won’t even realise that he’s learning.

Basically what I’m saying is, if she has been doing it consistently there’s no reason why he can’t have started writing sentences sounding out more difficult words and using cvc words and common words. Might not be perfect, might not be able to understand a lot of it. If she has and he can’t name all the sounds (which by the end of the first year - we aim for) then he’s maybe finding it harder to retain and it happens with at least one child in every year.

Only Sarah will know how much work she’s putting in and if he doesn’t know his sounds and numbers because of lack of effort on her part or if it’s just taking a bit longer for him to learn.
---
Is jolly phonics still a thing? A A ants up my arm??
we still use it.

Reactions: 15
There's no way Isabelle has anyone toxic or otherwise to cut out of her life. She only has the immediate cult, Jane and Hi Steve, Nannarr and Katrina and random ifam who are 'our friends'.
They are pretending she had toxic people in her life who are now gone and that will be why she stays in the cult at all times from now on.

Lazy getting lattes from a machine and buying instant coffee, I thought they had Creepy's fancy pants coffee machine, is it broken and he can't afford to replace it?

Reactions: 27
You can tell Jace has never done that counting and addition activity or one similar before, the one using the beads to add up. He didn't have a clue what to do until Sarah showed him step by step.
Very well rehearsed and obviously lip reading the answers he was given. His expression was totally filled with boredom and no ambition.
Jace has no inclination to learn and Mila will follow the same path.
---

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.