The Ingham Family #262 The Ingham residence, Pedalo of the Caravan speaking. 📞

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘Comment down below…’ Is it normal for adults in England to call candy/sweets ‘sweeties’? A dialect thing perhaps? I’ve just never heard it from an adult.
Also, the size of that tub that the toddler had unlimited access too 😳
Why not a snack box of chopped apple, maybe cheese chunks since they love cheese so much - ok, a few sweet things - but surely a packed lunch for them would have been a better idea than stopping at a service station for a ‘burgah’ as the boy gave away? Dunno about you guys, but I love making sandwiches for a trip.
And if we’re not driving, maybe Prosecco transferred into a Perrier bottle 🤭 🥂
Funny how she, the largest one, hasn’t mentioned that chocolate brownie company for a while. I’m guessing they stopped sending her freebies.
A few years ago I used to own a sweet and chocolate shop called The Little Sweetie Shop

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sweeties is a British term for candy, I find it weird when British people say candy 😂
Sweets yes, it’s the sweeties I’ve never heard from a British adult - likewise the way she says ‘dollies’ for dolls.
*My American phone keeps trying to correct it to ‘follies’ 🤔🙃

I’ve heard them use the term candy too and yes, sounds pretty daft. He in particular has this weird obsession with American things that aren’t really American. Hard to explain, but when it happens, it really sticks out - to me.
Funny too with him wearing his teenage stepdaughter’s sweatshirt with California written across it. Closest he’s going to get 🤣
So they all wear her stuff? Maybe that’s why she’s almost always in the blue Primark one?
Wouldn’t it be nice if, particularly given their untold wealth and time on camera, that they at least had more than one coat each?
Those dreadful 💩 colored shapeless things are so damn ugly, and being cheap, can’t possibly be warm enough.
I’m in England for now and have accumulated way too much stuff, but in this brutal weather, I’m grateful for a coat my friend left when she’d been filming in Boston, (Massachusetts).

Stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I cannot comprehend why parents with very small children arrive at a destination at 2.00am. I know they haven’t traffic hold-ups but surely you would take that into consideration when booking a long trip and plan to leave earlier. They are unbelievable

Reactions: 33
Oh no! I can't believe they have come to Cornwall again. They went to the worst places last time. There's so much they could do Eden, heligan and Mousehole. But I bet they just go to Christmas markets and moan how cold Cornwall is. Anywhere they go they make it look horrible. we don't want them here!

Reactions: 15
Surprise they did not do a little wild camping over night. They had the van after all

Reactions: 13
I know I have said it before but I really feel for those poor children being dragged around at all hours just to satisfy their ‘fathers’ ‘travelling’ needs. This is my opinion only but I really think it is so cruel and they must be hiding from something/ someone.

Reactions: 35
Am I being really stupid? But if you were merely travelling, would you not just use, I don’t know….a car?!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
According to the calendar, the house is available tonight. When did they get there? Unless they're staying somewhere else from tonight, what the hell was the point of driving all that way.
Monday night

Reactions: 9
I cannot comprehend why parents with very small children arrive at a destination at 2.00am. I know they haven’t traffic hold-ups but surely you would take that into consideration when booking a long trip and plan to leave earlier. They are unbelievable
Given they are set for life wouldn’t you get off the motorway and book into a travelodge and carry on the next morning? They have all the time in the world given they have cut themselves off from society with no responsibilities or social engagements

Reactions: 26
Sweets yes, it’s the sweeties I’ve never heard from a British adult - likewise the way she says ‘dollies’ for dolls.
AFAIC adults might say "sweeties" or "dollies" when talking to children (as a kind of babified language) but otherwise the adults I know would usually say sweets and dolls.

Adults might say sweeties/dollies to another adult in an effort to appear endearing or cute but again I think that is just harking back to the sweeter (no pun intended), babyish way of saying it....like adding the "ee" sound to a lot of words makes them sound cuter. In the same way, I think that an old fashioned "sweetie" shop plays on the nostalgia and whimsy of yesteryear and childhood.

But let's face it, the Minghams are the experts in all things confectionery, stuffing their faces with all manner of sugary shite all day, every day, so all things considered we should probably just follow their lead!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
AFAIC adults might say "sweeties" or "dollies" when talking to children (as a kind of babified language) but otherwise the adults I know would usually say sweets and dolls.

Adults might say sweeties/dollies to another adult in an effort to appear endearing or cute but again I think that is just harking back to the sweeter (no pun intended), babyish way of saying it....like adding the "ee" sound to a lot of words makes them sound cuter. In the same way, I think that an old fashioned "sweetie" shop plays on the nostalgia and whimsy of yesteryear and childhood.

But let's face it, the Minghams are the experts in all things confectionery, stuffing their faces with all manner of sugary shite all day, every day, so all things considered we should probably just follow their lead!
Yup totally get it when trying to be cute - real sense of the word - but as you say, she uses it as part of her normal lack-of vocabulary. It’s very definitely not cute - unlike our Aussie friends who like to add ie to most things 🙃
Just the other night as I was guzzling beer, I was thinking how they often call them ‘tinnies’ 🙃
I might refer to a present (gift) as a prezzie - I think a lot of it is down to context.
With Sarah, especially given her excitement for childish things - she really is stunted in her development of language, knowledge, geography, history - pretty much everything.
I guess no one is ever ‘expert’ at parenting, but surely they are among the most selfish and neglectful - and at times, outright nasty.

OK sweeties, have a lovely day 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Can’t believe I’m defending them here, but if we all stopped spending the whole economy would go under, if people can afford to go on holiday let them, everyone shouldn’t be guilt tripped because of the wider cost of living.

Staying in a cheap air bnb out of season in the middle of nowhere is also probably cheaper than heating their own McMansion 😂
Quite enjoying the irony of them spending money to go somewhere they didn't enjoy before and Creepstopher having a strop everytime he pays for fuel or toll fees.
Only the Inghams can go somewhere beautiful, whilst simultaneously making it look like tit by their lack of planning.
Someone should do a tally of moaning over this trip, like @garyowen7 used to do beanie watch.

Reactions: 21
According to the calendar, the house is available tonight. When did they get there? Unless they're staying somewhere else from tonight, what the hell was the point of driving all that way.
Showing as booked until 14th. Not available tonight. There’s a few days free, then booked out through the end of December. God help the cleaners.

• Wow
Quite enjoying the irony of them spending money to go somewhere they didn't enjoy before and Creepstopher having a strop everytime he pays for fuel or toll fees.
Only the Inghams can go somewhere beautiful, whilst simultaneously making it look like tit by their lack of planning.
Someone should do a tally of moaning over this trip, like @garyowen7 used to do beanie watch.
No, not just them, The Lodge Guys mange to do it too lol but that's a on a whole other thread😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 8
With Sarah, especially given her excitement for childish things - she really is stunted in her development of language, knowledge, geography, history - pretty much everything.
That's all true but I wonder if she deliberately uses the 'cuter' language forms in an effort to appear sweeter and just all-round nicer than she is - just part of her act while the cameras are rolling.

Reactions: 12
Poor Jace hair looks a absolute mess ok leave it long but get it trimmed and cared for 😢 Mila gets raged around like a toy so sad to watch, if I was having something to eat at a service station or even trying to clean up and these children were running around I wouldn’t be happy all so Sarah can have vlog content 😢 I did wonder if Izzy had gone down for Mia Fizz birthday party remember someone once saying they were good friends 🤔

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.