The Ingham Family #244 No one is judging your children. Everyone is judging you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So jace still has a ‘ninny’ now my girls still had one at bedtime when they were nearly 4&5(big one has development delay) there’s nothing wrong with them still having it til they’re ready to give it up nobody dies cos a kid still gets a dummy but I never harped on constantly about how they were off it when obviously they weren’t

Reactions: 21
Isla is about to go into year 6. Usually there is a massive push for learning times tables in year 4 and the national times tables test at the end of year 4. Isla seems to have completely skipped this. Its not something that is confined to one maths lesson a week, its something that requires constant practice at random times of the day to practice instant recall. Where is/was the times tables square you would expect to see around the house/learning space, where are the text books ? Why is she still writing with a pencil? It's really scary how behind she is.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
So Sarah wrote down the 12 times tables, in order. Then Isla wrote what you had to times 12 by to get the number. So she had to write the numbers 1 to 12, in order.
Sarah Ingham. Please 🙏 get Isla back to school. It's not too late.
If I didn't despise the mother and father so much I would offer to tutor Isla for free. Can't bare to see a child with so much potential being failed.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Hello you lovely bunch ❤
Just to say, I have in fact read every nice message and seen some of you have even donated and god it’s melted me, what kind, supportive and selfless people you are, I can’t thank you enough. That’s little man laid peacefully to sleep, and as far as funerals go, it was actually rather beautiful.

now -in regards to the spending time with Isla Vlog, (the first one I’ve bothered watching again) it broke my heart to hear that Isla didn’t want to leave Sarah as she had such a nice day: that proves Isla knows it’s going to be a very long time before it happens again.

that’s the first time I’ve seen Isla genuinely smile in months. Even her eyes were smiley. Bless her. Maybe the hairdresser insisted on the wash and decent length off, because she watched the tit show and realised Isla is the dishevelled forgotten one, and wanted to rinse Sarah for every little bit. It’s warmed my heart seeing Isla so happy, even if the cynical in me feels it’s probably short lived.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Isla is about to go into year 6. Usually there is a massive push for learning times tables in year 4 and the national times tables test at the end of year 4. Isla seems to have completely skipped this. Its not something that is confined to one maths lesson a week, its something that requires constant practice at random times of the day to practice instant recall. Where is/was the times tables square you would expect to see around the house/learning space, where are the text books ? Why is she still writing with a pencil? It's really scary how behind she is.
I was just going to say this, as I have a child just finished year 4. For most in his class the work they did in year 4 was working on the speed of being able to recall them, having already learnt times tables up to 12x12. I would have absolutely no problem with someone being homeschooled taking things at their own pace, that would be a big benefit of home schooling, not having to push doing tests just because they are a certain age if you know they aren't there yet. However, this is the child that when at school seemed to be at least of average ability, if not above. She wanted to learn more.

In year 4 they didn't do this as a maths lesson. It was a quick task to complete during the morning register or a 5 minute homework. I don't think this was her lesson either because I don't think she does any. Sarah thought she would try to prove a point by showing her doing some "work" with Isla and just thought 12 times table sounds really hard so it will do. Isla should be capable of so much more going by how she was when she was at school, she's just been left behind and hasn't at all progressed since she left school in year 3. I remember during the lockdown Isla doing some times table rockstars because my son did a lot of that too at that time (the school would set competitions so I imagine her school was doing similar). She said she enjoyed it so that would suggest she was good at it, yet over 2 years later she appears to still be doing the same. Or something aimed at lower ability - it doesn't involve any thinking to write out in order when the answer is already given!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I also bet sarah has no idea that the 50 times tables are now a thing they need to know for the year 4 test.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I also bet sarah has no idea that the 50 times tables are now a thing they need to know for the year 4 test.
50? I need practise!!

Quite some years ago, I was introduced to the Fibonacci sequence, also known as the Golden Rule in mathematics I think?
It’s fascinating- highly recommend looking it up as the pattern appears all over Nature.
Now trying to calculate that, for me, was a serious brain workout.

In the days when I had to negotiate Los Angeles rush hour traffic - several hours - I’d see how far I could go up. It passed the time and had my brain woken up and ready for work/study.

Do they teach it in schools now? I think Isla would find it fascinating and be going out looking for it in books, online etc. She so desperately needs a mentor.

Please, Sarah - you’ve failed your first two kids, and are well on the way to failing your last two. At least have mercy on one of them. It’s not as if you truly care what happens to her anyway, we can all see that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
50? I need practise!!

Quite some years ago, I was introduced to the Fibonacci sequence, also known as the Golden Rule in mathematics I think?
It’s fascinating- highly recommend looking it up as the pattern appears all over Nature.
Now trying to calculate that, for me, was a serious brain workout.

In the days when I had to negotiate Los Angeles rush hour traffic - several hours - I’d see how far I could go up. It passed the time and had my brain woken up and ready for work/study.

Do they teach it in schools now? I think Isla would find it fascinating and be going out looking for it in books, online etc. She so desperately needs a mentor.

Please, Sarah - you’ve failed your first two kids, and are well on the way to failing your last two. At least have mercy on one of them. It’s not as if you truly care what happens to her anyway, we can all see that.
In the GCSE syllabus with other sequences.

Reactions: 11
Saw the clip here with Isabelle and Chris,omg why was she doing that. It was very cringy to watch. The girl is going on seventeen ,it's like she is stuck at the age they started vlogging. The constant putting her hand to her mouth, is that a nervous tick? Please Sarah and Chris send those children back to school and let Jace join nursery.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I found the Issy thrusting to Chris so uncomfortable but what I found more uncomfortable was that he left it in. I can imagine he was ecstatic to see that when editing. That family is a cult. Surely Issys real dad sees these vlogs. Ffs if you do get her removed.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
If Sarah reads here and sees all our comments about the fact the kids need hair cuts - and then when she asks her daughter what she wants to do for the day and the answer is “get a hair cut” - surely she can see we’re not being petty. Her daughter got her hair done for her birthday last year… that’s so bloody tragic. They don’t need a million holidays a year the kids are crying out for some normality and stability.

if the kids had friends they seen regularly watching them make friends at campsite shouldn’t have been such a big deal. But she posted about it on her vlogs and insta. Very obvious that it’s a rare occurrence.

she thinks by showing this it’s proving us wrong but really it’s showing us just how spot on we are about so much of the tit show.

No matter my opinion I do how the kids are happy.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
The year 4 multiplication check is up to and including the 12 times tables. The issue many children have with the check is the speed involved. They only have 6 seconds to answer a question and then it moves on to the next one. Which can be very frustrating and nerve racking.

Sarah, I know you home school and therefore didn't need to do the check, but if you want to see how Isla is doing with her times tables, there is a great website called timestables.co.uk where you can undertake tests with the same conditions. This will help you to assess which times tables she needs help with.

Reactions: 14
All the kids who did their exams back in May finished school after the last one was completed…..why is the big kid still having ‘tutor’ lessons?

Reactions: 31
I watch a smaller family vlogger who home schools one of their kids as they’re ASD and was clearly struggling in mainstream school. The 3 siblings still go to school. Anyway, they’re under the same education authority as the Ingham children but what a difference! That child has a routine of doing actual school work every week day morning which is all kept and shown to the education authority and does “ life skills” in the afternoons such as cooking, cleaning and shopping using a budget. General stuff that will stand them in good stead when they’re older and looking to be independent. The dad is the parent that stays home and manages it all and the school work is all recommended and printed out.
imagine assessing this family and then doing the Inghams straight after 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Clips from 'The Sarah Ingham Show'

Sarah really has problems maintaining her posh accent and has trouble speaking at times.

I know I'm nit-picking but listen and watch when she says 'off'. Eww. that tongue.

If Isla looked like Sarah Ingham when she was younger, then the poor child is doomed.

Sarah. Get her teeth fixed for crying out loud.

Reactions: 18
I’m so happy that Isla got a special day. It’s sad that it had to be a “special day” for her to get two simple things that every parent (especially these lot, who are supposedly set for life) should give their children as a bare minimum, a hair cut and clothing. It just shows that the simplest things could make such a difference to Isla’s happiness, I’ve never seen her so happy. Esme was seething with jealousy which is yes, not nice, but I remember not too long ago Esme wanted a bob & never got one. Maybe Sarah, take this as a hint that another one of your children is screaming out for the necessity that is a hair cut.

Reactions: 29
have this new lot of blankets gone live yet?
Ive never seen such drab unappealing rags as this latest bunch of blankets. You can 100% tell Isabelle has a hand in the design. Bland as ever. She’s usually posting bragging stories about them flying off the shelves 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The Ingham Family #245 Hello Fresh? No thanks, we prefer McDonalds.

So Sarah wrote down the 12 times tables, in order. Then Isla wrote what you had to times 12 by to get the number. So she had to write the numbers 1 to 12, in order.
Sarah looked confused at times a well, like she didn't know the 12 times tables herself. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.