Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think reading anything is better than nothing, but I am also not convinced she really reads them. It's more a character that she has been given, like Isla is the "clever" one, Esme is the "funny" one.

When I was her age I had a boyfriend who was really into the classics and reading philosophy. He looked down on anything else and although I had always loved reading he didn't consider anything I wanted to read as a real book. So being young and wanting to impress I tried reading all his recommendations instead and have never been so bored, so if that's what she is genuinely enjoying then it's good for her to at least have the books. The others don't get any.

I do wish she would look at some books for herself instead of just what is popular on tik tok because there is so much to enjoy and more to discover. I doubt she even knows other books/series by the same authors if they aren't heavily featured on tik tok as the latest trend. She doesn't seem to look up similar books/authors based on what she has already enjoyed which makes me think it's all just based on social media not what she really wants.

If she loves reading so much then why does she have to wait months to get more books? There's no limit on books in our house and my children always have something to read.
Absolutely spot on. Reading is a pleasure to be nurtured. It doesn’t matter if your reading the back of a packet of cornflakes or a children’s simple book visited regularly on rapid repeat - it’s all good. Academic knowledge is compounded by reading but not everyone is academic…. It is however important to experiment with fiction and learn what you enjoy. Why the hell the poor girl isn’t going to book stores or the library is beyond me.

For tonight, I’m reading an ongoing favourite of mine ‘Tattle - Ingram Family thread 207’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

jellybelly136

going back to a person who said “Sarah let it slip that Esmè was to blame for Islas OCD due to scaring her and teasing her with monsters etc” this makes me now not feel so sorry for Esmè having to have sleepovers with Isla whenever Isla wants. You created the problem Esmè so I’m sorry but she should have to deal with it.

however, having said that, Chris is 100% to blame because let’s face it, he used to chase Jason round primark with dinosaur head and roaring while Jason would be sprinting away in fear. They seem to get a sick ‘kick’ out of seeing fear in their children! Wait till Mila is in a cast, they will milk it like mad with free entry to places because “we have a disabled child” or using disabled parking! Just you wait!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Abbvay

VIP Member
It makes me wonder what they tell the children and how much is them 'acting' for YouTube
For Jace to say something about you don't have to say yay or clap when he was opening his presents, he must have heard something said because a 2 year old wouldn't come out with that? He's either heard them telling the girls how to react or they tried telling him to do it and he had a tantrum so they had to tell him he doesn't have to.

• Wow

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I know people think they’ve had a caterer in for Christmas dinner this year but I really don’t think they have … they would never ever fork out for a caterer they are firstly too skint and secondly s too classy for someone like them!

They’ve been buying quite a lot of new kitchen gadgets they will only use once lately I think they e just brought them food warmers mainly to impress Jane and Steve lol 😂 they will get stuffed in the cupboard prob never to be seen again after!
Someone saw a comment from the caterer on the vlog, which was swiftly deleted

• Haha

skyelau

VIP Member
izzys xmas haul candles from primark off set for life parents - neom ones off granny and gramps

• Haha
  • Wow
The worst thing for me with the Apple Watch fiasco was making Isla wait until last- she watched her two sisters getting what they asked for and Isla was probably getting very excited thinking she was going to get her iPad. They could have at least let her go first so her disappointment wouldn’t have been too crushing :(

• Sad

Doohickey78

Chatty Member
I haven't watched but is she really insinuating that we're all jealous?
Ok maybe at the beginning we were. The all inclusive holiday's, the month long trip to Florida. Sponsored days out with Lego and Merlin. But now? What is there to actually envy? The cheating husband? The mortgage you can't afford on a house that backs onto a motorway? The complete disregard to your children's wants and needs?
I'm confused Big Sarah so please, come join us and enlighten me

• Heart
Reactions: 44

jellybelly136

I’m sorry but - when Esmè mocked Isabelle when she opened that handbag/bag I thought was awful. Really unnecessary and spiteful and it really showed how Esmè can have a nasty side unfortunately! It was just bully behaviour.

Also, can someone let 12 year old Esmè know it’s “I heard” not “hear-did” 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart

ladybug22

QUOTE="thegreencow, post: 7658435, member: 7607"

Lazy was recommended the game Rapidough by the Ifam cult in the Everything Ingham Facebook group.

So nice of them to name a game after Chris 😍 xx

• Haha
  • Heart

Basic

VIP Member
So I just did a little experiment and asked my 8 year old if she could read the word ‘subsidiary’. Guess what? She could. She didn’t know what it meant but she does now. That was the word Isabelle was unable to read from google. Those morons should not be home educating those poor kids.

• Heart
  • Sad

Joris Bobson

VIP Member
Anyone remember these when she was crying to her 12 years old fans 😢
Oh, that was about me. I’m still waiting for the police to come round.

just saw this post on the not so secret facebook group and had to share, in what world is a physical replica of your child for anyone buy the same as a 3D pregnancy scan that is for you only, i swear these people are as dense as the rest of them:

View attachment 950077

ETA: looks like it’s definitely happening then:View attachment 950080
I hate the whole be kind movement and it’s stupid mantras such as if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all and the chestnut here in a world where you can be anytthing…

no one is kind 100% of the time. Fucking sheep following, bandwagon jumping twats.

* this exact conversation has earned me a 30 day Facebook ban overnight because I called someone out for being a sheep and a massive arsehole 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

jellybelly136

Isla needs to shove Jace back, see if her parents laugh that off! Can bet your life they won’t! He will wallop the wrong person one day. Chris will no doubt be scared of him when Jace reaches teen years. Being the big old wet wipe that he is. If Chris was a dog, he would definitely be a teacup chihuahua that has the bulging eyes and shakes like a leaf at everything and anything. Isla, try retaliating.

• Haha
  • Heart

AutumnGhost

Chatty Member
Isla & Esme could at least have washed their hair for Christmas Day 🤢

Esme was insufferable during that whole thing. She’s usually bloody annoying but that was a whole new level.

Sorry not sorry.

• Heart

M.iddge

Hi guys, I have been a reader of tattle for quite some time but haven’t spoken before.
wow are these two insane? A Apple Watch for a 9 year old I’d be surprised if the band even goes small enough to fit her wrist! You could see the pure disappointment on Isla’s face, how many more times will she be reminded that she is just not as important as her brother or sisters?

• Sad
Reactions: 43

torchyc

An awful thought. But could Esme's reluctance to shower/wash her hair have a more sinister reason?
I posted a message about that point a few months back about a friend I had when I was younger. she hated going in the bath/shower and would have full out tantrums about it even though she was past the age where they were common (I think around 7-9). due to a family emergency, she stayed at mine for the night, and when given the option to go in the bath/shower she took it with no fuss or even an argument. it was later found out that it wasn't the bath/shower she objected to it, it was the location or who was present. the thing was that her older brother (around 14-16 years old) was creepy and had a thing for girls that were on the younger side. so she hated using the bathroom at home. she had told her mum and dad about it they didn't take it seriously. my friend's story did have a happy ending, her grandma came to visit her from Australia and asked her about the tantrums and she told her the full story, and finally she was believed and her grandma put her foot down. no real justice at that point but grandma got her parents to agree to allow my friend to go live with her in Australia. she has a great life now (very jealous but if anyone deserved it then it's her). the brother on the other hand has lived in a cell for many years... you can probably guess why that is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43