The Ingham Family #204 Vlogmas is going down the Bogmas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg the ifam are really buttering up to her tales of woe on Instagram aren’t they! Yes Sarah, it was just mildly out of normal range, until you sat her in a tin can car seat for umpteen weeks and let your family carry her around like a sack of potatoes for umpteen weeks, and carried her in an inadequate sling for umpteen weeks! I can’t feel more angry at her 🤬

Sod off Sarah. YOU are guilty
Not forgetting the nappies 2 sizes too small. The clothes too small.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Absolutely agree with you.
Poor baby. I really fear for her safety.
For once in her life Sarah will have to work hard. They should stop vlogging all together for at least a few months but we know that won't happen.
No more lies in till lunch time Lazy.
I hope they are allocated an OT nurse to keep an eye on her.
They are going to need all the help they can get and will have to accept it instead of being all high and mighty thinking they know best.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Nice to see their pathetic content is still providing us with a good laugh 👍🏻

Reactions: 16
Because a medical professional knows what they’re talking about? People are ok talking about it but unless you are qualified have no right to. That’s why. And yes I have along with several others
If you have experience with a child with it you end up knowing more than some professionals. My son had numerous checks on his hip, I even looked at his red book that said his hip was fine. 3 GPS all said nothing wrong it was us putting our foot down to see a paediatrician that got us somewhere at 13 months.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m shocked at this ! I don’t think Esme is a bully at all, that’s just her humour which they all encourage if they don’t find her funny they should stop laughing at her and I’m sure she would soon see her sense of humour isn’t appropriated but I for one like seeing her have a voice as for the longest time she was ignored and overlooked. If it wasn’t for her high volume I would still like her above all the others , she’s kind and considerate imo & sacrifices her alone time to accommodate isla. She’s also good with the baby and jace. I think she’s got a good heart and a strong spirit & if she was in a different family would turn out a really nice person , as is she had an uphill battle!

each to their own and so obviously I’d agree to disagree with other options but that’s how I see Esme.
I’m afraid I don’t agree. I think they try hard to hide how bad she is and we just get occasional glimpses of her nasty side. They as good as said that Isla’s ‘OCD’ problems were largely down to Esme telling her there were monsters etc and making her so afraid of the dark that she couldn’t be in her own room alone. Even Isabelle has let slip about Esme bullying her and we’ve seen the odd incident, and she’s nearly 4 years older than her!

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Personally, I'm glad Lazy didn't get Olivia Rodrigo tickets. In my opinion, that kind of show would be a little mature for Esme's age and her specifically. (Not saying that the same could be said for other people on here who bought tickets for their kids, I just think it would probably be inappropriate for Esme.) Also, my partner works in the production industry and has for many years. That being said, he is a stickler when it comes to hearing protection, especially when kids are involved. I'm pretty confident that Lazy would not have shown up to that concert with proper hearing protection for any of the kids she would have got tickets for so it's probably for the best considering that it would have definitely resulted in hearing damage.
I think she was only hinting for tickets any way, why else would she even mention it?

Reactions: 25
Who is Olivia Rodrigues ? Never heard of her.

as for the ingham kids, I don’t particularly like any of them (excluding meal ticket as she’s a baby), they’re all spoilt brats. I know they’re a product of their environment but I can’t warm to any of them.

doesn’t take away the fact that I do feel bad for them though.
I think shes a disney kid thats made it big

Reactions: 6
Once poor Mila is in a body cast, they are not going to know what’s hit them. No more just popping off as a family to Leeds or Whiterose or B&M. Sarah is going to have her work cut out just keeping Mila clean and comfortable , never mind entertained! No more just plonking her in front of the TV in a room with Jace running around either. Oh yes, this is going to be a struggle for them all. I can see Jace wanting more and more attention too. The decent thing to do, would be to give up vlogging, and all social media, at least for a few months. As if……

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Once poor Mila is in a body cast, they are not going to know what’s hit them. No more just popping off as a family to Leeds or Whiterose or B&M. Sarah is going to have her work cut out just keeping Mila clean and comfortable , never mind entertained! No more just plonking her in front of the TV in a room with Jace running around either. Oh yes, this is going to be a struggle for them all. I can see Jace wanting more and more attention too. The decent thing to do, would be to give up vlogging, and all social media, at least for a few months. As if……
The horrible thing about all of this is I doubt anything will change. Apart from some bits filmed for content I honestly think they'll carry on as they have been with Mila. They knew about the problem before the trip and didn't care, I suspect the same will be true when she's had the cast fitted. 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Sperm donars that's what they are no though of love to any of the kids they have bad parents

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It really annoys me when Chris and Sarah refer to football as Soccer, and I really don’t know why.

For our American friends, whilst we have adopted some Americanisms, apart from the Inghams, no one in England ever refers to football as soccer. Ever. Ever! That’s all. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Spica Casts
Condition FAQs
Description
A spica cast is a type of cast that includes one or both legs as well as the waist. It is used for problems the hip or femur (thigh bone) when the doctor needs to immobilize the entire upper part of the leg.
Uses
Fractures: Spica casts are used to treat femur fractures in younger children in order to avoid surgery or the placement of metal. This depends on the type and location of the fracture. Sometimes spica casts may also be used after surgery for femur and hip fractures to provide additional stability and comfort while the child is healing.

Hip Dysplasia: For children who are born with hip dysplasia (instability or poor formation of the hip joint), spica casts can play a role both as a treatment alone or after surgery. The cast allows for control of the hip joint to maintain position of the hip.
Cast Placement
Spica casts are often placed in the operating room or in a similar setting while a child is sedated or under anesthesia. This is because the cast takes time to put on properly and care must be taken to place it in a way that it will do its intended job.

The cast will cover the lower part of the belly and waist and include one or both legs. The cast is left open between the child’s legs so that toileting and cleaning can take place.

The reason for the cast will determine how long a child will need to be in it. In the case of hip dysplasia, for example, children may need to be in the cast for 12 to 18 weeks. In this case, the doctor may change the cast every 6 weeks.
Dealing With the Cast
Cast Tips
  • Watch the edges of the cast for signs of skin problems such as redness, abrasions or sores. Sharp edges can be filed down with a nail file. Padded edges can be protected with tape (duct tape works great!).
  • Discuss how to clean your child with your doctor- it often depends on the materials used to make the cast.
  • In general, do not put anything down inside the cast. Things may get stuck or cause sores or scratches not visible because of the cast.
Clothing
  • A lot of clothing is not necessary as the cast will cover much of the body.
  • Larger clothing will often fit over the cast (big t-shirts, long night shirts, or loose dresses).
  • Break away pants can work well for older children.
  • Clothes may be adapted by splitting along the seams and attaching Velcro strips to fasten around the cast
  • The toes and foot can be covered with a sock when cold
Diet
  • Avoid food or drink that may trigger diarrhea
  • Smaller, more frequent meals may avoid bloating and tightness of the cast
Toileting and Diapering
  • For children in diapers, tuck a smaller sized diaper into the front and back of the cast, under the cast edges. Then place a larger diaper over the cast to hold the inside diaper in place. This will help contain any mess.
  • Positioning the child and the cast on a slight incline (head up) will allow gravity to encourage urine and stool to flow down into the diaper. The crib mattress can be slightly elevated on one end to facilitate positioning on an incline.
  • The diaper should be checked frequently during the day (at least every 2 hours) and at least once overnight (every 4 hours). The diaper must be changed whenever soiled to prevent the cast from becoming soiled and to avoid diaper rash.
  • With each diaper change, check for skin irritation, redness, blisters, or pressure spots.
  • For older children, a bedpan and handheld urinal can be used. A wash cloth between the cast and skin may help prevent urine from leaking into the cast.
Bathing
  • Give your child a sponge bath daily. Be careful not to get the cast lining wet.
  • Avoid lotions, powders, and oils under the cast or around the cast edges. Powders tend to cake up and irritate the skin. Lotions and oils soften the skin and this may lead to a pressure spot from the cast.
Comfort, Positioning, and Activity
  • Provide activities to entertain your child, such as books, crafts, board games, etc. Place things within reach to keep them entertained.
  • A hair dryer on a cool setting may help with itching or dampness; powders or creams are not recommended inside the cast
  • Pillows, cushions, or a bean bag can be used to prop up your child into a sitting position during the day. Changing the child’s position every 2 hours will help avoid a pressure sore.
  • Protect the heels from pressure at all times, even if the feet are included inside the cast
Transportation
  • Special car seats or harnesses are often needed to fit the cast and child safely. The hospital may be able to assist with car seats
  • A stroller or wagon with pillows in the bottom may be useful for smaller children
  • A reclining wheelchair is helpful for larger, older children

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I have delayed in writing anything till now, but they really have no idea what they're in for. My niece went through the operation at 4 months. This was followed by around 3 months in a spica cast. She was recast at some point (can't remember why - so i don't know if that prolonged the cast wearing). After that it was months in a brace. This was worn for 24 hours at first and then gradually reduced over months - 23 hours on, 1 hour off, 22 on 2 off etc.
I don't know what its like now, but back then it was small size nappies, liners, pads and a larger size nappy for over the top. A breast feeding ( V-shaped pillow ) was used to rest her legs/feet on when she slept. The V bit being under her bum pointing up toward the arms. She hated it and took ages to adjust to the new sleeping position. they went through 1000s of wet wipes. And i won't even mention what happened when she got diarrhoea.
As a family we all helped. Looking after her during the day or having her occasionally over night so the parents could actually sleep. Who have you got to help out creepy and Sarah38? Or will you be palming her off to Izzy?
Then there were all the hospital appointments for checks. These also continued throughout her childhood. I think she just recently had a check and shes now 15.

I hope you're reading Tattle and feeling guilty as hell. You fecking should be! I rarely view their vlogs, just catch up on here, But did they go away before Mila's 6 week check? Surely they would have checked her hips then, and if there was a problem braced her then?
I agree with others on here there was no way the Dr would have said it was ok for them to go away. They obviously did no research on google about the condition and how to not make matters worse, which is exactly what they have done!
Just remember that when your daughter is unable to sleep in her cast, screaming with leg spasms and generally uncomfortable in it, you did this to her. Hours in that car seat, did you know it is recommended only 2 hours at a time? Yes you probably do know that - but as usual you know better!
I hope you keep up with the exercises when her brace is finally removed, and help her learn to move, crawl and walk as she will probably be delayed. My niece bum shuffled and didn't walk till she was 20 months.

Good Luck you're gonna need it. Forget travelling and your own needs and actually put one of your children first and do everything you're told to get Mila fit and healthy. You useless, disgusting, lazy parents!
Does she come on here actually read all these comments ¿

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Christmas adventure in the van?! They literally drove half hour down motorway. What next shopping adventure to asda in The car

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Spica Casts
Condition FAQs
Description
A spica cast is a type of cast that includes one or both legs as well as the waist. It is used for problems the hip or femur (thigh bone) when the doctor needs to immobilize the entire upper part of the leg.
Uses
Fractures: Spica casts are used to treat femur fractures in younger children in order to avoid surgery or the placement of metal. This depends on the type and location of the fracture. Sometimes spica casts may also be used after surgery for femur and hip fractures to provide additional stability and comfort while the child is healing.

Hip Dysplasia: For children who are born with hip dysplasia (instability or poor formation of the hip joint), spica casts can play a role both as a treatment alone or after surgery. The cast allows for control of the hip joint to maintain position of the hip.
Cast Placement
Spica casts are often placed in the operating room or in a similar setting while a child is sedated or under anesthesia. This is because the cast takes time to put on properly and care must be taken to place it in a way that it will do its intended job.

The cast will cover the lower part of the belly and waist and include one or both legs. The cast is left open between the child’s legs so that toileting and cleaning can take place.

The reason for the cast will determine how long a child will need to be in it. In the case of hip dysplasia, for example, children may need to be in the cast for 12 to 18 weeks. In this case, the doctor may change the cast every 6 weeks.
Dealing With the Cast
Cast Tips
  • Watch the edges of the cast for signs of skin problems such as redness, abrasions or sores. Sharp edges can be filed down with a nail file. Padded edges can be protected with tape (duct tape works great!).
  • Discuss how to clean your child with your doctor- it often depends on the materials used to make the cast.
  • In general, do not put anything down inside the cast. Things may get stuck or cause sores or scratches not visible because of the cast.
Clothing
  • A lot of clothing is not necessary as the cast will cover much of the body.
  • Larger clothing will often fit over the cast (big t-shirts, long night shirts, or loose dresses).
  • Break away pants can work well for older children.
  • Clothes may be adapted by splitting along the seams and attaching Velcro strips to fasten around the cast
  • The toes and foot can be covered with a sock when cold
Diet
  • Avoid food or drink that may trigger diarrhea
  • Smaller, more frequent meals may avoid bloating and tightness of the cast
Toileting and Diapering
  • For children in diapers, tuck a smaller sized diaper into the front and back of the cast, under the cast edges. Then place a larger diaper over the cast to hold the inside diaper in place. This will help contain any mess.
  • Positioning the child and the cast on a slight incline (head up) will allow gravity to encourage urine and stool to flow down into the diaper. The crib mattress can be slightly elevated on one end to facilitate positioning on an incline.
  • The diaper should be checked frequently during the day (at least every 2 hours) and at least once overnight (every 4 hours). The diaper must be changed whenever soiled to prevent the cast from becoming soiled and to avoid diaper rash.
  • With each diaper change, check for skin irritation, redness, blisters, or pressure spots.
  • For older children, a bedpan and handheld urinal can be used. A wash cloth between the cast and skin may help prevent urine from leaking into the cast.
Bathing
  • Give your child a sponge bath daily. Be careful not to get the cast lining wet.
  • Avoid lotions, powders, and oils under the cast or around the cast edges. Powders tend to cake up and irritate the skin. Lotions and oils soften the skin and this may lead to a pressure spot from the cast.
Comfort, Positioning, and Activity
  • Provide activities to entertain your child, such as books, crafts, board games, etc. Place things within reach to keep them entertained.
  • A hair dryer on a cool setting may help with itching or dampness; powders or creams are not recommended inside the cast
  • Pillows, cushions, or a bean bag can be used to prop up your child into a sitting position during the day. Changing the child’s position every 2 hours will help avoid a pressure sore.
  • Protect the heels from pressure at all times, even if the feet are included inside the cast
Transportation
  • Special car seats or harnesses are often needed to fit the cast and child safely. The hospital may be able to assist with car seats
  • A stroller or wagon with pillows in the bottom may be useful for smaller children
  • A reclining wheelchair is helpful for larger, older children
They won't be able to carry on as before. Milas care will be 24/7

• Sad
Reactions: 28
The useless pair are going to have to step up and properly care for their child for the first time in their lives and they are going to struggle.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Isabelle will stay at home with Mila, Sarah will go to the shops. Chris will play at cleaning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
You'd like to think so, and for 99.9% of parents their entire world would be turn upside down in order to provide the best possible care for their child. However Sarah and Chris aren't like 99.9% of other parents. Inconvenience isn't something they're used to, and if it makes life harder they won't do it. I hate to think so badly of people, but I bet and after the intial Mila cast content they'll go back to how things were before. Even now knowing how serious it is they're still sitting her up, holding her in awkward positions, spending long periods of time in the car seat. They just don't care!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.