The Ingham Family #190 Sleeping in a dodgy little van, won't save your channel from going down the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What Creepy may have meant by the tyre being a few sizes too small is the width. My spare tyre and also my ex’s, who’s we had to use last year on his car, are narrower than our regular everyday ones. It’s ample for getting you to a garage to get a new one fitted, or get you home if not too far away. We travelled about 30 miles to get home because of when and where we were and then sorted the new one out the next day. There was a warning on ex’s spare that it has a limit of 50mph. I don’t know if mine has a limit 🤔
I think they all do. They aren’t really meant for just using instead of a proper tyre but to get you to where you need to be to sort it

“There's no hard and fast rule about the distance you can drive on a spare tyre, but a general rule of thumb is about 50 miles at a maximum speed of 50mph. It's important to note that handling will be different with a skinny spare tyre, so you'll need to be aware of this when you're driving.”

the idea is that you should be able to replace a tyre within 50 miles I guess. Despite what Chris thinks that he’s the only person in the UK with a car with big wheels he’s not and garages stock all sorts generally

Reactions: 22
Jaces hair is dreadful. I was watching a program the other day, a lady hurt her back and was bedbound for 6 months, she washed her hair, never brushed it just put it in a bun on top of her head. Her hair ended up being set like that, resulting in the whole thing being cut off as it wasn't salvageable. I don't think lazy cares if Jaces hair is long or short, I think she can't be bothered to take him to get it cut, because if she chose to keep his hair long, you would at least take him to a hairdresser to get it tidied up.

Reactions: 34
Jaces hair is dreadful. I was watching a program the other day, a lady hurt her back and was bedbound for 6 months, she washed her hair, never brushed it just put it in a bun on top of her head. Her hair ended up being set like that, resulting in the whole thing being cut off as it wasn't salvageable. I don't think lazy cares if Jaces hair is long or short, I think she can't be bothered to take him to get it cut, because if she chose to keep his hair long, you would at least take him to a hairdresser to get it tidied up.
The apathy on that family drives me insane , they are just meh about every damn thing they do unless its spending money on things they probably only use once or twice , they need kicking up the arses.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Please tell me they’re not going to let Isla and Esme walk around the park with sliders on?! Their feet will be in bits!
We go to Towers regularly, and decent footwear is a must with all the walking between rides, and even then we’re all shattered the next day with achey legs, I call it the theme park hang over.
God knows how they’ll feel after a day walking around in sliders!

Re Creepys tyre, there’s some bad curvy roads round there, up valleys with huge drops, so he’s lucky it didn’t blow round there, otherwise it could have been very dangerous. I’m guessing he’s meaning he’s got a space saver, in regards to his spare being too small, I’ve had a couple of cars where the spare is exactly the same as the other wheels so doesn’t need changing back, however the car I have now has a space changer, I’ve only had to use it once and it felt horrible to drive, I would hate to have to navigate Staffordshire moors on one, he really needs to be careful.

Reactions: 31
Surely it would fail mot without a spare? Or with insufficient tread etc
Just to clear this up, I'm an mot tester and roadside breakdown tech. The spare tyre is not part of the mot, present or not, bald or not it doesn't matter. Its not a testable item

Also the spare wheel he's got, these newer space-saver wheels are, as has been said, much thinner and only designed to keep you moving to a place of safety or tyre replacement. The general rule of them is 50@50, 50 miles at 50mph. They are generally a life saver where the original tyre is torn or ripped. If you don't have one and it's an option for your car, it's a wise investment.

Some of the newer cars come with a bottle of sealant, all I can say is please don't use it. If you get a puncture and you have no spare tyre please call your breakdown cover, we can very often do a temporary plug repair if it a nail in the tread etc and if the tyre is beyond help we carry universal fit spare wheels. Also the jack that vehicles come with are downright dangerous and unstable, we don't call them suicide jacks for nothing. You risk serious injury or worse if the vehicle wobbles off it.

That sealant rarely works, defo won't if theres a physical hole in the tyre, it relies on the foreign object being in the tyre. Also once you use that sealant it scraps the tyre. Even if the puncture is totally repairable, the moment you put that sealant in the inside of the tyre gets coated, making a full repair impossible.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
I’m itching to see what rides sarah38 goes on coz I’m wondering if she has to do the walk of shame if too fat for some. Rita is notorious for people doing the walk of shame

Just to clear this up, I'm an mot tester and roadside breakdown tech. The spare tyre is not part of the mot, present or not, bald or not it doesn't matter. Its not a testable item

Also the spare wheel he's got, these newer space-saver wheels are, as has been said, much thinner and only designed to keep you moving to a place of safety or tyre replacement. The general rule of them is 50@50, 50 miles at 50mph. They are generally a life saver where the original tyre is torn or ripped. If you don't have one and it's an option for your car, it's a wise investment.

Some of the newer cars come with a bottle of sealant, all I can say is please don't use it. If you get a puncture and you have no spare tyre please call your breakdown cover, we can very often do a temporary plug repair if it a nail in the tread etc and if the tyre is beyond help we carry universal fit spare wheels. Also the jack that vehicles come with are downright dangerous and unstable, we don't call them suicide jacks for nothing. You risk serious injury or worse if the vehicle wobbles off it.

That sealant rarely works, defo won't if theres a physical hole in the tyre, it relies on the foreign object being in the tyre. Also once you use that sealant it scraps the tyre. Even if the puncture is totally repairable, the moment you put that sealant in the inside of the tyre gets coated, making a full repair impossible.
We have the sealant and our breakdown cover people said to never use it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What Creepy may have meant by the tyre being a few sizes too small is the width. My spare tyre and also my ex’s, who’s we had to use last year on his car, are narrower than our regular everyday ones. It’s ample for getting you to a garage to get a new one fitted, or get you home if not too far away. We travelled about 30 miles to get home because of when and where we were and then sorted the new one out the next day. There was a warning on ex’s spare that it has a limit of 50mph. I don’t know if mine has a limit 🤔
That’s a space saver

Reactions: 4
Yes the van will have to go through an mot. He's added seats and belts so they will need inspecting. He hasn't had a re mot done as of yesterday it was still showing the old mot date.
So if it is still showing the old mot date does that mean he is using the van without a mot as he was away getting wood in it and also they said they are behind in the vlogs so he may well be away in it just now but nobody would envy then stuck in that van with 7 people of all ages sleeping eating and everything else in that small van just to say you are having a holiday !!!

Reactions: 10
Sarah38 and Christopher Malcolm please buy your chuldrun decent footwear and clothes rather than wasting money on plastic plants,baskets and dodgy alterations to the Dpd van.

Reactions: 38
So if it is still showing the old mot date does that mean he is using the van without a mot as he was away getting wood in it and also they said they are behind in the vlogs so he may well be away in it just now but nobody would envy then stuck in that van with 7 people of all ages sleeping eating and everything else in that small van just to say you are having a holiday !!!
No the van is still motd but without the modifications that he's done. The seats and belts. The van is still registered as a sprinter and not a campervan. So basically it's a van with windows and a load of shite screwed into it. Dangerous IMO

Reactions: 17
Shein and sliders every day
It's time you gave the chuldrun some pay
Quality clothing not that tacky old tat
Quit spending their wages on bits and bats
They bring in the views
Not you and that clown
Oh and before you leave the country
Take your own advice Lazy ,why don't YOU pipe down...?!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Any normal person would make sure themselves and children are wearing decent shoes suitable for lots of walking for days at a theme park. However I wouldn't worry too much as despite staying very close, they won't have got there till after lunch. Then much of the day would be spent sat waiting for lazy to feed Mila or eating, because they can't possibly go off and leave her to get on with it alone. The rest of the time will have just been watching Jace on rides.

This is also the family who didn't really get that far from the hotel in London yet chose to go back to the hotel to sit and do nothing because they were tired of walking around, so walking far isn't really their thing.

Instead of putting pointless headbands/hats/bows on Mila they need to do something with jaces hair. At least trim it if they really want it long, brush it and wash it regularly. Since they don't even want to do the basics, why not get it cut short so they don't have to do anything? He isn't old enough to do it himself or realise that it shouldn't look like this, but it says something about the whole family if even the older girls don't think it needs a brush, that's why they don't bother with their own.

Why was Isla left waiting for so long again? In our house as long as kids are dressed and have brushed teeth they go off and play or watch TV whilst we get ready to leave and pack everything, then just tell them to go to the toilet and get shoes on as we are fully ready to leave. Instead Isla was ready whilst Chris was still cleaning the floors?

• Sad
Reactions: 35
can someone catch me up?? what happened last time they went to alton towers
They met an ifam who also worked at the hotel, chris started chatting to her over messenger and asked her some really creepy stuff about her job and if anyone had ever come on to her while at work.

He also sent her snap chats asking for nudes, and to drop her towel.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Just to jump in to the spare wheel comments, I don't think the spare was a space saver, I think when he said it was smaller it was because it was the original sized wheel that came with the car not those stupid oversized chav rims he has on there to make him feel gangsta :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 11
Have they even said what's happening with Tat and Me, is the HQ still in Bradford? I assume they still have an 'employee' packing and posting-Katrina or Jane.
Lazy doesn't care, she's off spending the icult's money and faffing around at theme parks.

Reactions: 10
No the van is still motd but without the modifications that he's done. The seats and belts. The van is still registered as a sprinter and not a campervan. So basically it's a van with windows and a load of shite screwed into it. Dangerous IMO
Idoubt he wont change the use as it would mean getting everything checked properly and he wont want to do that even although he will say everything is checked. He is not a gas fitter for a start so he cant be going to put a cooker in nor a fridge capable of working from gas while not on electric hook up. The sleeping arrangements are dangerous ie him and lazy on top of the kids and where is the baby going to sleep I hope not on top with them. I think they do some stupid things just to get numbers on the vlogs as they see it bad publicity is better than no publicity

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.