The Ingham Family #15 It's Already December, it's Been a Year To Remember! Santa Can't Turn Back Time, Chris Shouldn't Have Done The Crime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/united-arab-emirates/local-laws-and-customs

Dress code
Women should dress modestly when in public areas like shopping malls. Clothes should cover the tops of the arms and legs, and underwear should not be visible. Swimming attire should be worn only on beaches or at swimming pools.

Cross-dressing is illegal.

Photography/social media
Photography of certain government buildings and military installations isn’t allowed. Don’t photograph people without their permission. Men have been arrested for photographing women on beaches.

Reactions: 9
I think the main tourist areas are different maybe?
Each UAE nation has its own rules. Dubai doesn't legislate the wearing of modest clothing like Iran or Saudi Arabia, so clearly a lot of Westerners do wear bikinis. Certainly in more rural desert areas it would be offensive but there is no legal requirement as far as I know.

Reactions: 1
The only problem with that..and DBS checks is that it's upto the employer to decide whether or not to employee...
So even if they decided to DBS check. They are only being held accountable to themselves. So it wouldn't really matter.

Plus hypothetically a DBS is/can be out of date as soon as it's done.

So unless some governing body ie YouTube or a management decided they have to have it completely clear or have some sort of remit for saying driving offences/teenage mistakes. Then it's not worth the paper it's written on

It's not you pass or fail just basically a disclosure form
Yeah I thought that about how the employer requests it, but for example, my son did a self defence class run by a couple who held the classes at his school, they had a dbs and in the letter from the school it said it could be viewed in the school office, so I’m wondering if rules did change maybe YT or the vloggers management could hold that certificate and if there’s anything dodgy on there kick them off YT? The rules would need to be set by an outside agency though as YT clearly don’t care ?
Good point about them not being up to date enough though. There should be an online version constantly updated for employers to view when working with children especially I think

Reactions: 1
The DBS though is a great idea the only thing wrong with a DBS is you could apply for one with a totally unblemished record and as soon as its issued commit an offence and it wont get picked up on until the next renewal or if the person goes for another job in the meantime, so I think there should be a running record that has to be updated every 2 months stating that the person has been checked and is ok to carry on, Chris has got a criminal record so he hasn't got a chance of being accepted although it pains me to say they have got away with everything else

Reactions: 5
Yeah I thought that about how the employer requests it, but for example, my son did a self defence class run by a couple who held the classes at his school, they had a dbs and in the letter from the school it said it could be viewed in the school office, so I’m wondering if rules did change maybe YT or the vloggers management could hold that certificate and if there’s anything dodgy on there kick them off YT? The rules would need to be set by an outside agency though as YT clearly don’t care ?
Good point about them not being up to date enough though. There should be an online version constantly updated for employers to view when working with children especially I think
You should always have a person's DBS on file somewhere.
Some schools would expect you have the hard copy always to hand if you were going in say running a club, training etc. As in on the person.
I would say education is a complete zilch except maybe driving offenses but I don't know for sure.

I know someone who works for social services who had a minor conviction on his when he was 17. Not related to children or adults but as he was pre 'adult' and he's in his 40s now. He's proved his not a consistent offender. So that's about second chances.

Just to clarify I don't see inappropriate messages as something that you can walk away from at Chris' age. Plus working with vulnerable people there would be no chance. Even with no conviction just noted.

I just don't know how places would run policies of using a DBS. YouTube offers a whole range of people in their community. We have heard here about the weird and wonderful that can 'try' and make a living or just upload for whatever reason.

Be nice to think management teams such as gleam do only except people and sort out meet and greets to those that do hold no convictions. As it's scary really when their fake personas may hide a magnitude of convictions. It would be a start though.

Look at Chris though it wouldn't have mattered an iota if he had a DBS. As it was meeting and greeting that were his downfall.

Am all for giving second chances but there is always a line.

Reactions: 3
Not that I remember. We never done any I don't think. It's year six.

Biggest hypocrite going. Something being gifted to you and a paid sponsorship is the SAME thing!!!!

@Impleo they were there for four days. I think. Two days in yesterday's vlog and then Sarah said they had two more days.
They do have SATs in year 2! I’m a teacher

Reactions: 4
I used to volunteer and make toast in my childrens school which didn't involve directly coming into contact with children just their TA but occasionally a child would come down to the toast room with money,the school arranged my DBS at the time and even though they had known me some time I couldn't start until a full DBS had been done and I had the certificate, I then had to carry it every time I made toast and it was renewed every three years but in the meantime the school could access my information and flag it up if there was a concern with me

my son was told his year 2 sats were quizzes to stop them worrying

I manage a team and have to hold hard copies of their DBS’s we don’t even work face to face with the public! It’s a government dept though so I can’t see YouTube ever insisting anything like that.

Ahhh look!!!
An old friend of the Inghams showing festive spirit while doing elf on the shelf with one of the kids ?
This would warm your heart.
I bet the inghams regularly hear such loving words in their home too.
Watch and enjoy ?

Reactions: 7
["Dubai","Mall","Dubai Mall","Teen","Makeup","Surprise","Dubai Burj Khalifa","Ingham Family","Ingham Family of five","Family","Kids","Family vlogs","Family daily vlogs","Family vlogger","Family travel","Travel vlogs","Best family vlogs","Best travel vlogs","Dubai Atlantis Hotel","Atlantis Hotel","Family friendly","Sephora","Sephora Makeup Surprise","Dubai Mall Teen Sephora Makeup Surprise","Teen Sephora Makeup Haul","Dubai Mall Sephora Makeup Surprise","Sephora Makeup haul","Teen Sephora Makeup Surprise"]

Are you sure you tagged Sephora enough, Inghams? You forgot to mention pregnancy!

Reactions: 14
I found Sarah walking around with her bra straps showing , so disrespectful. When ever I go to a Muslim country I always always cover my shoulders, to be respectful of people’s culture/beliefs.
Agreed.My mil used to visit her husband in Saudi ,and always kept well covered up.Surely they`d have looked this up ,especially as they`ve already come under fire for breaking rules in another country (isn`t that right chris?)...think i`d be more aware if i were them.

Reactions: 4
Agreed.My mil used to visit her husband in Saudi ,and always kept well covered up.Surely they`d have looked this up ,especially as they`ve already come under fire for breaking rules in another country (isn`t that right chris?)...think i`d be more aware if i were them.
Also it's a sign of respect. If you're actively aware that it goes against cultural norms and you are a visitor, it's considerate to dress modestly. You wouldn't walk into a church wearing devil horns and carrying a pitchfork for a similar reason. Well, you or I wouldn't. An Ingham might!

Reactions: 14
Family time is important..... Sunday afternoon, eating food, playing games watching the TV, Park, whatever not jetting all over the place is not an essential part of family time!! Why do you tubes change the boundaries to justify being greedy!! I think they send very mixed messaged to there young followers (90% school kids)!!

Reactions: 10
Can someone give me a short run through of this family? Came here from the Meldrums, never kept up with the Inghams as I find it odd the oldest have her own channel age 12...

Reactions: 2
Ahhh look!!!
An old friend of the Inghams showing festive spirit while doing elf on the shelf with one of the kids ?
This would warm your heart.
I bet the inghams regularly hear such loving words in their home too.
Watch and enjoy ?

You can’t buy class!!!!

["Dubai","Mall","Dubai Mall","Teen","Makeup","Surprise","Dubai Burj Khalifa","Ingham Family","Ingham Family of five","Family","Kids","Family vlogs","Family daily vlogs","Family vlogger","Family travel","Travel vlogs","Best family vlogs","Best travel vlogs","Dubai Atlantis Hotel","Atlantis Hotel","Family friendly","Sephora","Sephora Makeup Surprise","Dubai Mall Teen Sephora Makeup Surprise","Teen Sephora Makeup Haul","Dubai Mall Sephora Makeup Surprise","Sephora Makeup haul","Teen Sephora Makeup Surprise"]

Are you sure you tagged Sephora enough, Inghams? You forgot to mention pregnancy!
They spelt “Predator” wrong

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.