“The Ick”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh this is a good thread i may have to join in!
My pet hates are as follows
being passive/aggresive and then to top it off going in for the sulk!
Idealising their mothers you just know that you will end up competing for their attention/affection and losing!
Mansplainers
I have an irrational dislike of polo shirt wearers ditto those who look like they have come off a golf course!
Controversial choice next (hipsters don,t ask me why?)
Smarmy men ditto men who are all over you one minute and then ignore you whenever other men are around as if you are suddenly the invisible women(pet hate that one)
this one is unisex lots of bling bling jewellery
Men who never ever admit to getting lost so you end up travelling round and round in circles.
Men who wear clothes with logos no i don,t want to know if you shop at tk maxx!
Men who keep dangerous dog breeds in the belief that it makes them look hard!
Last but not least and this applies to both men and women people who cannot let go of their past history and end up giving you a blow by blow account of how they just got repossessed/defrauded lost their jobs lost the kids to a mean ex wife resent having to pay child maintenance have a ******* colon,
got bullied at school,have an auntie thats dying of cancer and this is all within about 5 minutes of knowing them!
The timescale is important i don,t mind making time for someone who i have already emotionaly commited to but if you barely know them?
Also that leaves you feeling stranded because where do you go from there?
Once you already know everything so yeah a certain reserve is both advisable and normal. Thats it really!

Reactions: 4
I’m newly single and getting back into dating and there’s been a far few things that have given me the ick already;
- men using cringe emojis such as 🙈😻
- constantly wanting to message, I’m sorry but there’s only so much conversation I can be bothered to have in one day
- to go alongside that, when they reply instantly, please chill out and find something to do
- I went on one date with a guy and after we’d been to the pub he took me to his friends house who he worked with, it was him and his partner who were old enough to be my parents. It was just the 4 of us sat in the front room and my date kept leaving me the with woman I’d just met. Towards the end of the date he said “so you deleting tinder now? I already have” ARE YOU JOKING?! after one awful date? 🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Long nails
But I finished with a guy because he would get up in the morning, go to the en-suite with the door wide open and take a tit in there and I could hear all the noises. Makes me heave thinking about it. I will never EVER let a bf do that in my vicinity ever again. EVER!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
This is the best thread on Tattle, I've been laughing non-stop, particularly at this one:

there was one guy i dated for a few weeks and i thought i was going crazy (maybe cos i was drunk most dates) but he would stare intensely into my face and his eyes would open wide then go small but looking at me the whole time it was sooo weird and eventually made me just hate being with them
i honestly don't know what the hell it was
Omg I'm howling with laughter because my ex used to do this and I never knew what the duck it was and I'd never seen any other guy do it!!! Now I know I wasn't going crazy because you confirmed another guy did "the eye thing" to you too 😂😂😂

My "ick" that immediately came to mind for me is from a guy I was speaking to recently, he's dead nice over text and we have a lot of similar interests, but in real life makes my skin crawl. It's a combination of: he's far too polite (I feel like I'm being babied and its creepy) but worst of all is he fills natural silences by just going "hmmmm" like he's thinking about something but then he doesn't say anything after??? Why are you doing that sir?? It's so so weird. Seriously the first time he did it I was like:

What was that? Do I reply to the "hmm"ing sound? What do I do??

Also he had a chode penis which didn't reach the back of my throat and that actually angered me lmao. Like whats even the point

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This is the best thread on Tattle, I've been laughing non-stop, particularly at this one:

Omg I'm howling with laughter because my ex used to do this and I never knew what the duck it was and I'd never seen any other guy do it!!! Now I know I wasn't going crazy because you confirmed another guy did "the eye thing" to you too 😂😂😂

My "ick" that immediately came to mind for me is from a guy I was speaking to recently, he's dead nice over text and we have a lot of similar interests, but in real life makes my skin crawl. It's a combination of: he's far too polite (I feel like I'm being babied and its creepy) but worst of all is he fills natural silences by just going "hmmmm" like he's thinking about something but then he doesn't say anything after??? Why are you doing that sir?? It's so so weird. Seriously the first time he did it I was like:

What was that? Do I reply to the "hmm"ing sound? What do I do??

Also he had a chode penis which didn't reach the back of my throat and that actually angered me lmao. Like whats even the point
What’s the point of your penis? 😂😂😂

I’ve encountered one of those too...... sigh

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The best ick I've read is imagine him playing crack the egg on the trampoline but he's the egg :LOL: puts me right off anyone.
Also copying quotes/phrases from Tv shows or films e.g. "brilliant", "good one", "behave" from the inbetweeners
The idea of a guy wearing fancy dress immediately puts me off
Jokes that fall flat in front of other people 😓

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m two weeks away from giving birth and moody AF. My husband’s eating, drinking and breathing are the worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's so funny, so many of you mention hankies on here. We are trying to be less wasteful and more sustainable and so hubby uses hankies. It's something that in other blokes I'm like ugh but in him and my dad I think oh go you.

Weird tit familial love and being in love make you think haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's so funny, so many of you mention hankies on here. We are trying to be less wasteful and more sustainable and so hubby uses hankies. It's something that in other blokes I'm like ugh but in him and my dad I think oh go you.

Weird tit familial love and being in love make you think haha

On the subject of hankies, I do love a Silver Fox with a nicely pressed pocket square hankie though

Reactions: 4
- Guys who use too many emojis, especially ones like these: 😍😜🙊
- Guys who talk tit about exes or women in general! 100% of the time they are the problem
- Guys who “neg” a woman, especially when he makes unnecessary comments about things like her biological clock (I kid you not, I was 21 when a 30 something year old guy did this to me, saying I need to find a husband when I’m still young and eligible or no one would want me when I get older, because the city I lived in was better for men than women in terms of dating. He later imported a much younger bride from Eastern Europe who isn’t even good looking because clearly no woman in our city wanted to deal with him and moved to the boonies with her because he lost his job and they seem miserable together. They’re also both Trump supporters and racists so clearly a winning combo there...)
- Guys who wear clothes that are too baggy or too tight
- “Nice guys” who get irrationally angry when you “don’t give them a fair chance”

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Saying "I've gotta go for a piss"
Asking for naughty photos...bore off
Sexting
Tattoos
Bum crack

• Haha
I once agreed to pick up the guy I was seeing from a night out as a favour. He got into the car and was HAMMERED. I took him back to his house where he went straight to the bathroom and then into bed. I followed up after and he had done the biggest poo I’ve ever seen in the toilet and hadn’t flushed (there was also no loo roll in there) was the biggest turn off ever! Don’t think I ever kissed him again and binned him off a couple of days later 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Googling “chode penis” and “egg trampoline game” ... both new to me!

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.