“The Ick”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have given a few of my icks but these are just examples of why I've ran away from or cancelled dates.

Prominent receeding hairline - I literally flayed a "funny turn" and went home "sick" because this lad took his cap off and revealed what was shoved in it.

A man saying another man is good looking. I can't remember who this particular date said it was someone very obscure, but it was instantly NO.

Top heavy body and head that merges into the neck - he ordered himself some pants off Wish and all, which was a triple whammy. A quadruple whammy when he actually wore them, they were on the tight side accentuating his shape even more. He was a complete hole anyway so I wasnt being shallow when I fucked him off.

Repetitive boring film watchers - I was once talking to a lad for a while a few years ago who was perfectly chavvy, lovely and good looking, as he lived local decided we would go to his, he asked me to make him a brew, despite me being the guest and he emerged with no top on revealing an amazing pigeon chest and 2 packets of tablets in hand. He asked me if I wanted any, to which I declined whilst he scoffed the lot like smarties. The man casually ate over 150mg Valium, then wanted to watch Braveheart, which he spoke along with word for word only breaking every so often to tell me how much he loves the film. I was bored shitless. He also had a tank full of fish, all of which had names and he spoke to them like people. Just the whole date was just one ick to another. We are still good friends though.

Haha I am DYING at this, how the hell did you stay good friends with him? 😂😂

Reading these makes me realise that I really need to work on what I do and don’t like in a man... I would have to say that men who don’t clean their house and men who can’t cook are such big turn offs. I’m from Australia and I feel like we’re just so relaxed that nothing much phases us 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Howling at this thread :ROFLMAO:

things that give me the ick:

- mummy’s boys - assuming their ma will sort everything out
- Really bad tattoos - scrawly unprofessional ones or anything superhero related
- Having one really long neck hair ??? Why would you not just pluck that out!
- Fart jokes and school boy humour in general
- met someone who called me “lil lady” and even typed it out in a text! Died inside 🤢
See I agree with the mummy’s boy ick but then again I have 2 little boys who I want to be mummy’s boys forever 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
See I agree with the mummy’s boy ick but then again I have 2 little boys who I want to be mummy’s boys forever 😂
Awwww I totally get that 🥰 we will always love our boys!
This mum was on another level though. No life outside of her kids ... one sibling she got a letter from her kids’ landlord about the mess of her flat, she flew to that country... to tidy and clean the flat for them. Another sibling she went to their marriage counselling sessions with them.

I could go on! If I’m ever like that with my kids when they’re grown someone needs to have a word with me 😆

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Having a coin purse.
Having a belt holster for a mobile phone.
Having a comfy cardi to wear round the house.
Putting plates of food in a cupboard to snack on later (I don’t know why it wasn’t in a fridge, it just stuck in my mind at a boyfriend’s parents’ house.)
Bobbly or holey socks.
OMG yes holey socks Are the worst

Jesus if someone called me "foxy" at any time, let alone during sex, I think my whole vagina would shrivel up into my stomach.

Mine are (for men):
acting like they're making a really profound point but they're actually just talking tit.
not being able to drive (this one is probably weird but something about it really puts me off)
long beards
not being able to do basic everyday things: a guy at uni once (I kid you not!!!!) didn't know what number to set the toaster at... His mum had always made it for him.
pretentiousness
men on dating apps who open with "hey x"

That last one though 😂

I hate it when men are too keen, especially on dating apps. When they're asking to meet up after an hour of talking and you're like mate we don't know each other. I once had a guy tell me he "really liked me" after literally 1 conversation consisting of 7 messages. No you don't like me. You don't even know me.
They just want to sleep with you when they are too keen 😂

Reactions: 3
Haha I am DYING at this, how the hell did you stay good friends with him? 😂😂

Reading these makes me realise that I really need to work on what I do and don’t like in a man... I would have to say that men who don’t clean their house and men who can’t cook are such big turn offs. I’m from Australia and I feel like we’re just so relaxed that nothing much phases us 😂😂
I guess I am too nice for my own good and let him down a tad too gently. He is a genuinely, lovely guy just not relationship material. Or even shagging material. I don't think anyone is getting a worthwhile boner on all that valium. I thought he was taking an overdose right before my very eyes, but no apparently it was the right amount to "get a decent buzz from" - his words. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I guess I am too nice for my own good and let him down a tad too gently. He is a genuinely, lovely guy just not relationship material. Or even shagging material. I don't think anyone is getting a worthwhile boner on all that valium. I thought he was taking an overdose right before my very eyes, but no apparently it was the right amount to "get a decent buzz from" - his words. 🤣
If I’m being honest and I AM, there is no better feeling than taking a few too many valium and just floating around on cloud 9 for hours on end... I bloody love it haha so I can see his appeal. I think personally for me, I do this to escape the reality that is my life. To just know that I can have a few hours of no stress is truly bliss

Reactions: 6
Love this thread 😂
I was in a relationship a guy who used to get this white slime in the corners of his mouth and wouldn’t take the hint to wipe it.
I can’t stand men who wear Velcro fastening shoes like a toddler.
Poor hygiene, especially dental hygiene is an obvious no as is fingernails.
I absolutely can’t stand slim guys who have a pot-belly.
Badly fitting jeans (too skinny, or not long enough!)
Saying things like “hello trouble/here comes trouble” when they see you approaching.
Mentioning their exes too much for no reason other than woe is me.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Good thread...
I like a bum like a shelf, it doesn't give me the ick as such but I find a really flat arse a turn off.
That bootcut jeans and cheesy slip on smart shoes that all men in Birmingham on a night out seemed to wear when I lived there in 2005.
Excessive fussiness.
Being timid (in a sort of helpless way)
Agree about calling things poo, baby talk as well :sick:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
OMG I am so triggered by “hey x”. Immediately unmatched and ghosted. Get. In. The. Bin😅😅
It's so annoying isn't it?! The only thing worse than that is "hey hun x" I will report you for spam if you send that to me 😂

OMG yes holey socks Are the worst

They just want to sleep with you when they are too keen 😂
^ it ain't happening, especially when they act like we've known each other since we were two and only now has the courage to confess his undying love for me, when actually we've sent 4 messages to each other. Do these men not realise that when you just behave normally women are more likely to like you instead of being an eager lunatic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
A worthwhile boner 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Howling at this thread :ROFLMAO:

things that give me the ick:

- mummy’s boys - assuming their ma will sort everything out
- Really bad tattoos - scrawly unprofessional ones or anything superhero related
- Having one really long neck hair ??? Why would you not just pluck that out!
- Fart jokes and school boy humour in general
- met someone who called me “lil lady” and even typed it out in a text! Died inside 🤢
Lil lady 😂 were you dating Johnny bravo 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve found my people 😆🙌🏻

Bad spelling/grammar is a total no-no for me, I want to have intelligent children one day 🤣 Blocked someone once because he kept using evan instead of even and his in place of he is.

Skinny jeans/loafers/no socks - get in the actual bin!

Sensitive men - the proper wet mop ones who mither like drippy women - grow a pair FFS.

Pouty selfies - say no more

And the worst one of all - WYD? Ignoring you, you absolute cretin!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Went on a date with someone last year- 41 and an airline pilot. His date suggestion was.... NANDOS and a ‘cheeky’ one at that. It felt like I was out with one of the Inbetweeners. I suggested a change of restaurant- Indian, Asian, Arabic but he ‘didn’t do spicy food’ so ended up in a steakhouse (I’m vegetarian). Had an ok conversation so was prepared to work on the lack of tastebuds but then he messaged me the next day asking if I fancied coming round for SPOONING. Who even says that? He kept saying spoons, spooning like he had some form of Tourette’s then the final straw the day after that was getting a message saying WAKEY WAKEY SPOONY SPOONY 🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Earrings in both ears, big no no and men with long long hair. God I'm cringing as I type.

• Haha
Ugh I hate:

-I need to go ‘Toilet’ instead of ‘To THE toilet’
- Drinking fizzy juice in the morning 🤢
- Not brushing their teeth 🤢🤢🤢🤢
- Rustler Burgers
- When they are a really, really fussy eater and eat no veg or fruit
- Bad outfit choices
- Brown leather jackets

Hahaha so many

Reactions: 12
This tweet gave me the inspo to start this thread. If you type in her username and “the ick” in twitter it should come up. Hilarious
There was another a few months ago and it was the most random things ever it was hilarious!

edit to say I found the tweet but it’s since been deleted! Was small things like them having astmha or hiccuping it was an amazing list of hates tbf.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.