“The Ick”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Proper smart (like wedding shoes) and jeans, particularly the pointed shiny variety 🤮.
Long nails on men
A prominent bum on man like a shelf just makes me cringe 😬 🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Proper smart (like wedding shoes) and jeans, particularly the pointed shiny variety 🤮.
Long nails on men
A prominent bum on man like a shelf just makes me cringe 😬 🤣
Yes to the last one!! A lot of people seem to like it but I'm like noooo thats a woman thing😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I once went clothes shopping with a bloke, who I thought was OK.

When he tried on a pair of trousers, he turned round in front of the mirror to look at his bum. It was quite coquettish and I really squirmed. I could not fancy him after this.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 18
when someone goes for a tit and its so obvious but they try and cover it up by spraying so much perfume, or whatever theyve found lol
just own it
now i don't fancy u
strange i know!

also when their lace is out flapping at their shoe on first date
just makes me cringe and i feel bad for them and just want it to end lol :x

there was one guy i dated for a few weeks and i thought i was going crazy (maybe cos i was drunk most dates) but he would stare intensely into my face and his eyes would open wide then go small but looking at me the whole time it was sooo weird and eventually made me just hate being with them
i honestly don't know what the hell it was
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 18
Skinny jeans
Ripped jeans
Trying to dress too young for their age like a rich footballer
Shoes/trainers with no socks
Long nails 🤢
Any jewellery apart from a small chain a la Connell in Normal People
Being rude to restaurant staff etc
Not knowing how to dress smartly e.g. wearing a creased shirt
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
I’m a chronic lurker on these forums (mainly jack Monroe and cleaning with mario) but honestly had to come out of hiding for this 😂 I am HERE for the ick stories! I get it so bad 🙈 some of the reasons I’ve gone off guys:
Saying “totes magotes” 🤮
Saying “going on holibobs”
Cringe during-sex chat
One bad outfit
Eating cold leftovers
Calling me beautiful/babe/sexy 🤮
Wtf is totes magotes even meant to mean 😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m a chronic lurker on these forums (mainly jack Monroe and cleaning with mario) but honestly had to come out of hiding for this 😂 I am HERE for the ick stories! I get it so bad 🙈 some of the reasons I’ve gone off guys:
Saying “totes magotes” 🤮
Saying “going on holibobs”
Cringe during-sex chat
One bad outfit
Eating cold leftovers
Calling me beautiful/babe/sexy 🤮

LOL one bad outfit OMFG yes
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I have given a few of my icks but these are just examples of why I've ran away from or cancelled dates.

Prominent receeding hairline - I literally flayed a "funny turn" and went home "sick" because this lad took his cap off and revealed what was shoved in it.

A man saying another man is good looking. I can't remember who this particular date said it was someone very obscure, but it was instantly NO.

Top heavy body and head that merges into the neck - he ordered himself some pants off Wish and all, which was a triple whammy. A quadruple whammy when he actually wore them, they were on the tight side accentuating his shape even more. He was a complete hole anyway so I wasnt being shallow when I ducked him off.

Repetitive boring film watchers - I was once talking to a lad for a while a few years ago who was perfectly chavvy, lovely and good looking, as he lived local decided we would go to his, he asked me to make him a brew, despite me being the guest and he emerged with no top on revealing an amazing pigeon chest and 2 packets of tablets in hand. He asked me if I wanted any, to which I declined whilst he scoffed the lot like smarties. The man casually ate over 150mg Valium, then wanted to watch Braveheart, which he spoke along with word for word only breaking every so often to tell me how much he loves the film. I was bored shitless. He also had a tank full of fish, all of which had names and he spoke to them like people. Just the whole date was just one ick to another. We are still good friends though.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I went on a date with a guy called Vince, God knows why (nothing against the name Vince, I was just happy to be asked, I suppose, and he seemed like fun). Apart from announcing he was a fan of the National Front, he thought it would be amusing to turn me upside-down and dangle me by my waist. This is less ick and more aargh! I went off him a bit after that.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I was shagging this lad that wore knock off trainers and bragged about it. He took me into Jd Sports and showed me the difference.. Weirdly enough it didn’t put me off but now I think wtf and it would cause the ick 🤣 blinded I tell ya!!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Wtf is totes magotes even meant to mean 😂
I think it means totally? As in he was agreeing with something I said and said “yeah, totes magotes” 🤮 I think anyway. All I know is he dropped me off at my flat about two minutes after he said it and I have never seen the man again 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Being called "cheeky" :sick::sick::sick::sick:
Bad manners
Being overly cringey and lovey dovey
Being creepy when they're trying to flirt
Bad dress sense
Bad teeth

Really long, narrow nostrils which you can only see from below. I was married to a man with these for years and looking up during a blowjob would give me an ick.

large hands that splay outward when holding a gear stick - I really hate that tit.

I like smokers but don't like men who have orange stains on their fingers or smell of stale rolling tobacco.

Gory details of past sexual encounters.

Denim or knitwear 🤮
Genuinely almost choked :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My worst ick moments were with a really good looking guy that I'd fancied for months back when I was 20,
He worked in the local butchers that mum and me would call into every Saturday he was an apprentice all handsome and friendly I was crushing badly, Eventually after lots of over the counter glances and banter the fit butcher boy asked me out i couldn't wait to see him not in his uniform as all the staff wore head to toe white with red aprons, date night arrived and he shows up - in smart black trousers that were just slightly to short at the ankle, thick white socks and ridiculously shiny smart black shoes and the ick just hit me but off we went, then at the end of the date he went in for the kiss by putting both hands on the top of my shoulders like two claws, yanking me in then gripping on for life through out the worse kiss ever ! Nine years on and bad kissers and white socks with smart shoes are still my biggest turn offs 🤢
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 22
My worst ick moments were with a really good looking guy that I'd fancied for months back when I was 20,
He worked in the local butchers that mum and me would call into every Saturday he was an apprentice all handsome and friendly I was crushing badly, Eventually after lots of over the counter glances and banter the fit butcher boy asked me out i couldn't wait to see him not in his uniform as all the staff wore head to toe white with red aprons, date night arrived and he shows up - in smart black trousers that were just slightly to short at the ankle, thick white socks and ridiculously shiny smart black shoes and the ick just hit me but off we went, then at the end of the date he went in for the kiss by putting both hands on the top of my shoulders like two claws, yanking me in then gripping on for life through out the worse kiss ever ! Nine years on and bad kissers and white socks with smart shoes are still my biggest turn offs 🤢
Sounds like you were hit by and very possibly struck by a smooth criminal.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
Things that have given me the ick in the past
Shiny forehead
Big tattoo on the forearm
Letting me buy dinner id offer as i knew was a bit skint but then it started happening all the time
Living with parents still
having friends younger than them & thinking they were the cool one
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I wonder if men get the ick?
Probably at all the things women obsess about...

Fake tans
Acrylic nails
Overly done eyebrows
Fillers
Etc

😂😂 would be pretty funny to find out the male ick list
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Howling at this thread :ROFLMAO:

things that give me the ick:

- mummy’s boys - assuming their ma will sort everything out
- Really bad tattoos - scrawly unprofessional ones or anything superhero related
- Having one really long neck hair ??? Why would you not just pluck that out!
- Fart jokes and school boy humour in general
- met someone who called me “lil lady” and even typed it out in a text! Died inside 🤢
 
  • Like
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.