"The Ick" #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am getting a regular ick at the moment due to hayfever weather - people suppressing sneezes. Instead of sneezing, they hold their nose and do a weird inverted hiccup/sneeze noise. Even worse when it's like 10 non-sneezes in a row.

Also hate actual sneezes tbf.
I'm guilty of doing this, but it's because once (years ago) I sneezed when I was on the train (into a tissue; I was as dignified as I could be) and the sound of my sneeze made a baby cry and it wouldn't stop. Its parents turned around and gave me death stares for the rest of the journey, until I reached my stop and got off the train. That day I was the ick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Apparently men and women read the word ‘hehe’ completely differently! Still vile though 😂

Reactions: 6
This is one of my favourite threads. I’ve realised I’ve got loads of completely irrational icks…!

I don’t know what it’s called but when a woman (or a man) is walking or standing around with a hand dangling limply from the wrist. I saw a woman doing it whilst queuing in a coffee shop yesterday. Just standing perusing the cakes with her hand dangling in an affected fashion. I can remember my mum and her sisters doing it all the time in the 80s/90s as well. Wonder if it’s a weird sign of femininity or something 🤷🏼‍♀️ Either way, I’m not a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Apparently men and women read the word ‘hehe’ completely differently! Still vile though 😂
I read hehe as a chuckle not as tee he he. My son has this chuckle so I'm used to it and find it amusing. But ...but...maybe "chuckle" is icky! 😬😀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ok i don’t watch love island and only see pics and memes of it etc thanks to social , so have no idea if he is a nice guy but ronan’s son gives me the absolute ICK.. just seeing his picture made me 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok i don’t watch love island and only see pics and memes of it etc thanks to social , so have no idea if he is a nice guy but ronan’s son gives me the absolute ICK.. just seeing his picture made me 🥴
Yes I thought that when a picture came up online 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I saw a girl today, maybe mid twenties with her boyfriend. Fair enough we can all wear what we want but this still gave me the ick. A t shirt just about covering her arse with apparently just pants underneath. You know like someone may sleep in such an outfit.
It really gave me the ick thinking of people having to sit where she may have been like the cafe. A slightly longer pair of shorts fine.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I referenced the fact I'm on my period to a guy I'm seeing
He messaged:
"Must feel good to flush the pipes out though"
?!?!?!

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I'm guilty of doing this, but it's because once (years ago) I sneezed when I was on the train (into a tissue; I was as dignified as I could be) and the sound of my sneeze made a baby cry and it wouldn't stop. Its parents turned around and gave me death stares for the rest of the journey, until I reached my stop and got off the train. That day I was the ick 😂
Wow some parents are so entitled. The world doesn’t revolved around their precious brat!

Reactions: 12
Some festival related icks...

- people who sit on someone's shoulders so the rest of us can't see the stage
- drunk teenagers
- having your arse cheeks hanging out in public
- see-thru trousers. So many see-thru trousers 🤮
- people who pee in public. Yeah, portaloos are gross, but not as gross as pissing where other people might sit

I'm at trnsmt all weekend and I'm a crabby old witch, so there may be further installments.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.