"The Ick" #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A girl in my office just said “we will get back to you asap” to a customer instead of saying as soon as possible, she sounded so thick
"asap", in my company sadly has become a spoken word and it doesn't sound nice. I get using it in writing, but I don't like hearing it.

Reactions: 2
A girl in my office just said “we will get back to you asap” to a customer instead of saying as soon as possible, she sounded so thick
To continue with office icks...

The constant countdown to Friday - 'almost there,' 'TGIF.'

The phrases 'can I pick your brain,' 'tick all the boxes' 'iron out the creases,' 'win win situation', 'let's think outside the box', 'touch base'

When its someones birthday and their husband/boyfriend/partner sends flowers addressed to the office.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A man wearing bowling shoes.

A man picking a name in bowling.

Walking back after taking their turn at bowling.

Just bowling in general.
My ex used to wiggle his arse right before he bowled. Not for a joke either. I only ever saw him bowl a couple of times. For obvious reasons

• Haha
Reactions: 14

The phrases 'can I pick your brain,' 'tick all the boxes' 'iron out the creases,' 'win win situation', 'let's think outside the box', 'touch base'

When its someones birthday and their husband/boyfriend/partner sends flowers addressed to the office.
''Hit the ground running'' 🤢🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

I worked with someone whose husband apparently left a huge bouquet of red roses in the car for her on Valentines Day. So she paraded the full length of the office floor with them to put them in water, because she couldn't leave them in the car.
So many questions 🤔🙄...why were they left in the car?
Why not put them in water at home when she found them? Hmm. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Stuck in traffic yesterday evening and I saw guy mid 20's Id say, wearing knee length dungarees I actually shuddered in the car.

In office 2 people wearing sandals and not going to lie they are the ugliest things I have ever seen big platform type soles on them and one womans feet are almost blue from the cold. Its not a good look at all.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I know we've all said yellow teeth umpteen times, but lately I've been watching lots of reality dating shows and even when the teeth are mostly white but the canines are yellow, it just gives me the ick straightaway. I can't unsee it, it's like looking at someones nasty foot in their sandal in the checkout line, like you want to look away but you can't. Why am I like this, I actually feel a bit petty and wrong lol.

Otherwise, another big one is wiping the sides of your mouth with your hand, like where you can tell a collection of something was wiped off.
Guys with food stuck in their teeth and they don't know.
Something stuck in the corner of their mouth and they don't know.

Those are big ones for me, not coming back from that.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I know we've all said yellow teeth umpteen times, but lately I've been watching lots of reality dating shows and even when the teeth are mostly white but the canines are yellow, it just gives me the ick straightaway. I can't unsee it, it's like looking at someones nasty foot in their sandal in the checkout line, like you want to look away but you can't. Why am I like this, I actually feel a bit petty and wrong lol.

Otherwise, another big one is wiping the sides of your mouth with your hand, like where you can tell a collection of something was wiped off.

Omg I'm the same like why are your canines yellow!!! Talking of teeth really creeps me out when ppl have lost their tooth near the canine especially those on TV!!

Reactions: 3

As someone who has just finished their Invisalign treatment that including whitening, the canines are usually a darker colour than the rest of your teeth. One of mine wouldn’t stay white at all. FYI it was not noticeably yellow 😂 I can’t remember what the dentist said as to why they tend to be more yellow. Btw, I’m not offended, incase that’s what you were wondering lol.

Reactions: 4
yes. and pronouncing hamster as "hampster"
and saying 'could of/should of' etc instead of 'could have'. bleeping read a book

This.
I'm not a native speaker, so I kept wondering whether this was a dialectal thing? It looks so wrong, especially in writing and you can't tell me that none of the spell/grammar check extensions and programs wouldn't flag this.

Reactions: 3
Unless someone's teeth are horrendously bad & they have raging halitosis then I don't really get s teeth ick, slightly yellow enamel is meant to be stronger than white so I believe? Lots of folk struggle to put food on the table, let alone afford dentists charges at the moment, white teeth is not of life threatening importance to many just now.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This.
I'm not a native speaker, so I kept wondering whether this was a dialectal thing? It looks so wrong, especially in writing and you can't tell me that none of the spell/grammar check extensions and programs wouldn't flag this.
it's definitely more common in particular regions, so i think it's partly a dialectal thing. this is why people say that some non-native speakers speak the language better than english people lol

Reactions: 2
As someone who has just finished their Invisalign treatment that including whitening, the canines are usually a darker colour than the rest of your teeth. One of mine wouldn’t stay white at all. FYI it was not noticeably yellow 😂 I can’t remember what the dentist said as to why they tend to be more yellow. Btw, I’m not offended, incase that’s what you were wondering lol.
I assumed they had veneers at the front, the rest were normal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.