“The Ick” #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your kind words 🙂
I was haunted for years by one thing that man said while we were together - something I told myself to dismiss at the time as an innocuous comment but something in his tone didn't sit right with me when he said it. Realistically I couldn't have predicted his future actions but I still found it hard to let go of that niggly guilt and shame.

Honestly I think "the ick" is often a gut reaction - your body telling you "something isn't right here, get out now, use X as an excuse". Very few of us regret ending flirtations and relationships based on those "little things", funnily enough! Just goes to show, we should trust ourselves!
It's so weird how there are little things that warn us that there's something not right. You are so right there. I love that our instincts tell us things aren't right at all. Sending you loads of love and I hope you have found happiness xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The ick - when they tell obvious lies but totally believe themselves...like they're a fantasist. I was once chatting to a guy who was am alright swimmer. As in he went to a a club and took part in local competitions but wasn't bloody Olympic standard...but would believe he was. Told me he was sponsored by lucozade and had won 1 million pounds 😂😂😂 if you had 1 million pounds would you be wearing the cheapest Primark t shirts, still live at home with your mum and drive a crappy second hand car?? There was just no end to his lies which were quote clearly lies!

Plus he watched cartoons and laughed hysterically to cow and chicken. 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sorry in advance, probs going to be posting a lot of tinder material on this thread 🤣 literally only use it for light entertainment now.

When guys use their dog or even someone else’s dog to try and get a date...well I suppose at least it’s better than children 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄 I feel someone needs to stand up for these innocent dogs, they didn’t ask for this 😂

View attachment 386506View attachment 386508
Men who have their dog sleep in bed with them 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Someone once corrected my grammar in the middle of an argument. English is his native language, but it is not mine. I still think it's one of the most pathetic things and it still makes me cringe every time I think about it haha.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I always got the ick if blokes were overly romantic, soppy and tactile.

I once watched ET with a bloke I'd been seeing for a few months and he ended up in floods of tears when ET was captured by the scientists and detained at Elliott's house.
I don't think it's wrong for men to cry but I was 22 at the time and it just gave me immediate ick. When the film finished he said 'you can stay over tonight if you like but I'm too upset to have sex and would prefer cuddley time' 🤮

Binned the following day 😃

Poor table manners give me the ick too

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I always got the ick if blokes were overly romantic, soppy and tactile.

I once watched ET with a bloke I'd been seeing for a few months and he ended up in floods of tears when ET was captured by the scientists and detained at Elliott's house.
I don't think it's wrong for men to cry but I was 22 at the time and it just gave me immediate ick. When the film finished he said 'you can stay over tonight if you like but I'm too upset to have sex and would prefer cuddley time' 🤮

Binned the following day 😃

Poor table manners give me the ick too
MASSIVE ICK 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When the film finished he said 'you can stay over tonight if you like but I'm too upset to have sex and would prefer cuddley time' 🤮
I had to re-read that a few times just to make sure I’d read it correctly 😂😂 what do you even say back to that?! 🙈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Apologies if these have been covered off because I haven’t read all 46 pages 🙈 but men with long hair or nails really give me the ick and one that should be blindingly obvious but didn’t appear to phase my ex husband is men who pick their noses in front of other people 🤢 I was physically recoiling from my ex by the end because he used to do it so often.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Apologies if these have been covered off because I haven’t read all 46 pages 🙈 but men with long hair or nails really give me the ick and one that should be blindingly obvious but didn’t appear to phase my ex husband is men who pick their noses in front of other people 🤢 I was physically recoiling from my ex by the end because he used to do it so often.
I used to work with a guy who would pick his ears and look at the content whilst talking in a meeting!

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I used to work with a guy who would pick his ears and look at the content whilst talking in a meeting!
I can top this. My ex-boss would pick his ears and then flick the contents off his fingers in front of clients

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Urggghhh. A guy I used to worked with used to dig around in his ears with the letter opener 🤮
We had a new secretary where I worked, and her boss went out drinking at lunchtime (they all did then). He came back and was sick in the bin. She left after that.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Slightly off topic but reminded me that someone in my old company used to trim their fingernails in the client meeting rooms and leave a collection of their nail trimmings scooped up in a little pile. The poor receptionist was always sending out emails begging the unknown culprit to stop.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I had a colleague who used to literally smell like tit. It was so bad, I really think she needed someone to have a word with her but she was quite high up so I don't think anyone had the guts to. The lady next to her used to always sneakily spray loads of perfume around her when she went away from her desk.

Another time when I was managing a team we had a new lady with us who everyone was getting to know. She'd got up and come back to her desk and one of my colleagues said loudly "Eww can anyone else smell furniture polish?" the new lady said "that must be my perfume, I just sprayed some in the toilet." awkward!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Men that want you to be their entire life rather than a part of it. Men who are feathery strokers.
Men who sing to you whilst staring into your eyes intently, especially if they can’t sing, I don’t know where to look 😂
You've pretty much described my husband!!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I just realised I put my last comment on the wrong thread! apologies - won't let me delete

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've got the major ick today, and this isn't even men related! Staff toilets. The Ladies. Ongoing. Just why?

Walked in this morning, the light was off, so I just clicked it on & walked in, ended up paddling in one of the cubicles. Floor covered in a yellow puddle 🤢 I stuck the cleaning cone across the door & luckily the cleaner walked in & went immediately to fetch the mop & disinfectant.

There's been allsorts in there previous. Someone obviously sits the wrong way round on one of the seats as we've had yellow dribbles at the back & brown marks at the front on the seats.

One woman was even caught leg up on the seat washing her fanny as she flushed, she'd not even locked the door.

We even had a smearer at one point who was never caught, we think we knew who it was but couldn't prove it.

And what some of them throw in the San Bins I have no idea but sometimes one certain cubicle smells like it's got rancid offal in it 🤢

Rant over, I'm taking my bloody wellies tomorrow 👽

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.