The ICK #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And appointments don’t appear, they must have known before
To be fair, she’d been in hospital for about a week, came home and the next day they called and asked her to come in for a check up, but yes, my frustration and ick factor comes from the fact that her husband or one of her adult sons couldn’t have gone with her in a taxi. I had to cut my plans short because I guess they viewed it as the easiest solution………….. and, I really don’t mean to set feminism back with this next statement, it just feels so emasculating, 3 grown men, her husband, her sons and they have to get me to drive her. Like I say, embarrassing and bleeping ICK. 🙈🥴🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
To be fair, she’d been in hospital for about a week, came home and the next day they called and asked her to come in for a check up, but yes, my frustration and ick factor comes from the fact that her husband or one of her adult sons couldn’t have gone with her in a taxi. I had to cut my plans short because I guess they viewed it as the easiest solution………….. and, I really don’t mean to set feminism back with this next statement, it just feels so emasculating, 3 grown men, her husband, her sons and they have to get me to drive her. Like I say, embarrassing and bleeping ICK. 🙈🥴🙄
I would not be able to keep my mouth shut in this situation 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't think there's anything in any type of feminism that says women shouldn't be turned off by a man who refuses to gain skills or use his initiative.

• Haha
People who share giveaways in their Instagram stories. I'm sorry but it's so annoying and just an obvious cheap engagement booster for the company 😂
Well obviously, that's why they do the competition and you have to follow the steps to be in with a chance

Reactions: 1
Absolute ick.

I have to ask - why do none of them drive?! Like is there a reason? A health issue? I don't get it.
Like fair enough if it was one of them, but 3 grown men not possessing what is (imo) a vital life skill is insane!!

Reactions: 8
I seen some guy before walking down the street with a half pint of milk, half empty then he stopped and had a swig 😭

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I seen some guy before walking down the street with a half pint of milk, half empty then he stopped and had a swig 😭
I used to work with a guy who would only ever drink milk, no water, tea, coffee, pop...just milk. He had the most horrendous breath i have ever encountered.

I now work with a lady who has 2 bags of mini cheddars for breakfast every day at 8 am. I'm like no Lisa* that is not a breakfast food.

* This is absolutely her real name and she deserves to know my dissatisfaction at her antics.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
I used to work with a guy who would only ever drink milk, no water, tea, coffee, pop...just milk. He had the most horrendous breath i have ever encountered.

I now work with a lady who has 2 bags of mini cheddars for breakfast every day at 8 am. I'm like no Lisa* that is not a breakfast food.

* This is absolutely her real name and she deserves to know my dissatisfaction at her antics.
Those mini cheddar bags make a right noise don't they? I have a colleague who has a daily bag too, and the bag rustles so loud.

---

My ick - there's a guy in our office who cycles to work, has the hi vis jacket, brings his helmet etc and yes I get he has to take it off when he gets in the office but he proceeds to monopolise the coatstand with 1 hook for his helmet, 1 hook for his hi vis over-jacket, 1 hook for his actual zip up fleece, leaving about 3 hooks for 20 other people so we end up with us putting coats on the backs of our chairs. He takes 10 mins every day sorting that all out, then he chinks his spoon in his mug loudly to take to the kitchen to make his coffee with his cycling themed mug that says I Love Cycling, then comes in, puts that on his desk, then takes his cycling themed water bottle to the kitchen to fill that up and comes in, and then finally sits down to start work. I've seen this routine too many times I am getting the ick. And we get it, you love cycling.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Those mini cheddar bags make a right noise don't they? I have a colleague who has a daily bag too, and the bag rustles so loud.
That's so true!!. They're sent to torture us.

Although don't get me wrong I don't mind a mini cheddar. It's like when I'm making the kids sandwiches at 6.30 and absent mindedly lick my finger and get a taste of dairy lea or tuna mayo - early morning food icks.

Reactions: 5
To make this even worse I just said to my fella ‘I seen a guy today with a half pint of milk, half of it was empty and he had a swig of it!’ and my fella
replied ‘I’ve had a swig of milk from the bottle before’ and I replied…. ‘you’ve just given me the ick’

• Haha
That's so true!!. They're sent to torture us.

Although don't get me wrong I don't mind a mini cheddar. It's like when I'm making the kids sandwiches at 6.30 and absent mindedly lick my finger and get a taste of dairy lea or tuna mayo - early morning food icks.
When my old boss was stress she would eat a whole multipack of mini cheddars one after the other and then do the biggest huff when she ate all 6 bags 😂 earliest she ever did it that I witnessed was 9am haha

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just given myself the ick asking if someone was 'au fait' with something in work. Thought I'd better jump on and grass myself up.

• Haha
those high production male podcasters on youtube, trying so hard to be insightful and deep. they still get millions of views when they are talking a load of shite. the long pauses which are broken with a dramatic personal question and intense eye contact… ICKKKKK

• Haha
  • Heart
My husband has just given me the biggest ick.
Whilst eating a bag of crisps, I cannot stand people who ‘drink’ the crumbs out of the bag.
I actually gagged as he did it.

Please sleep on the sofa tonight!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
My husband has just given me the biggest ick.
Whilst eating a bag of crisps, I cannot stand people who ‘drink’ the crumbs out of the bag.
I actually gagged as he did it.

Please sleep on the sofa tonight!
The Venn diagram of people who drink crisp crumbs and people who scrape an empty yoghurt pot 397 times is a perfect circle.

The snack is over, throw the container away and stop acting like you’ve never been fed 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There's a man who lives in our town, and I was having a snoop on his f/b . There were photos of him wearing a bumbug. Mind he'd been travelling, and off the beaten track so it's probably sensible to keep his passport on his person at all times. But what an ick.

• Haha
Reactions: 3