The House Build #3 Beggy Beck’s House Build with Ad/Aff link & pointy toe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s gone too far today. All of the supposed ‘recommendations’ for handheld steamers have now been shared as affiliate links! She’s basically got other people to do her donkey work then she’ll make money off them! She needs reporting to both the suppliers/Instagram and inland revenue!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
She’s gone too far today. All of the supposed ‘recommendations’ for handheld steamers have now been shared as affiliate links! She’s basically got other people to do her donkey work then she’ll make money off them! She needs reporting to both the suppliers/Instagram and inland revenue!
How do you do this?

Reactions: 2
Oh Becks, Becks, Becks when will you learn? The act of kindness is sharing information willingly, without the addition of an aff link or swipe up, so that you can make commission from others! Just share the info for free - it’s very simple - it’s what people used to, and still are doing! Shame on you.

Reactions: 14
I saw this too!! Am I right in thinking she already has agreed with these brands that she will share their products? Or is that not how it works? Thought it was funny she “ordered” the white company steamer (who she just happens to work with) 🙈

My 12 year old wouldn’t even get down our stairs dressed like a hooker.
🙌🏼 100% this!
Pretty Woman is Beggys favourite film to watch with her 12 year daughter remember !!

She is on another level ! Mummy not furloughed her then? Needs the penny’s?

Reactions: 5
Report someone? I don’t know...I was hoping someone on this thread would know how to😂
You can certainly report if you suspect they aren’t declaring all of this “swipe up/affiliate” income. Hopefully if enough people do it it might prick up some ears at HMRC.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Am I right in thinking she already has agreed with these brands that she will share their products? Or is that not how it works?
Adding the swipe up links is nothing to do with the companies themselves, it's all done through a 3rd party. Once you're signed up with the 3rd party, you can link anything you want. You don't have to have bought it, you don't even have to like it or want it yourself, you can literally link anything you want as long as the company that makes the product is signed up to the 3rd party as well. If they're not with the 3rd party, they can add a link that goes straight to a company or product but of course, there are no "pennies" to be earned from that so there's no incentive for them to share stuff that they won't earn commission on.

Reporting her to the companies themselves would be pointless, she's doing their work for them by sharing the links in the hope that the sheep click through and make a purchase. Even if they don't buy anything, she's sending customers their way. That's a win for them. They don't care who shares their products, it's all potential customers and sales for them.

Reactions: 5
Adding the swipe up links is nothing to do with the companies themselves, it's all done through a 3rd party. Once you're signed up with the 3rd party, you can link anything you want. You don't have to have bought it, you don't even have to like it or want it yourself, you can literally link anything you want as long as the company that makes the product is signed up to the 3rd party as well. If they're not with the 3rd party, they can add a link that goes straight to a company or product but of course, there are no "pennies" to be earned from that so there's no incentive for them to share stuff that they won't earn commission on.

Reporting her to the companies themselves would be pointless, she's doing their work for them by sharing the links in the hope that the sheep click through and make a purchase. Even if they don't buy anything, she's sending customers their way. That's a win for them. They don't care who shares their products, it's all potential customers and sales for them.
And yet her minions carry on unbeknown to what she’s doing to them. She’s savage!

Aah! Th

Aahh! Thank you for clarifying. I did wonder how the “swipe up” worked. I presume not just anyone can sign up to these third parties? Only those with a good following. I do find it bizarre that she has to ad/aff link everything. It’s obviously all about the money for her.

Reactions: 3
I presume not just anyone can sign up to these third parties? Only those with a good following.
Correct, you must apply to be accepted. The main one is called Rstyle (or rewardStyle) and most of the retailers are part of it. You can tell you're clicking on an affiliate link because it will redirect through a page that has rstyle somewhere in the address. Although sometimes it's hard to see if you're on mobile. So today she links a steamer that goes through the White Company (says she bought it, that could be true, could be a complete lie) and then you click through and see that TWC have got their sale on, you start browsing around and before you know it you've bought a couple of candles and some new bed sheets. That's a win-win-win for Becks, TWC and rstyle who all earned money from that purchase.

Her looking for steamer recommendations is nothing more than a carefully staged set up to get people clicking on a load of different sites in the hope that they buy something.

• Heart

Absolutely correct and the only way to keep her in check is to make sure she pays her taxes on this “unethical” income.

Reactions: 6
The formal Sindy doll living room has got a lot of exposure this evening including the disco ball light. I haven’t seen any Argos swipe ups yet though.

Reactions: 4
Oh Becks, Becks, Becks when will you learn? The act of kindness is sharing information willingly, without the addition of an aff link or swipe up, so that you can make commission from others! Just share the info for free - it’s very simple - it’s what people used to, and still are doing! Shame on you.
I’m amazed she had done this! Disgusting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.