The House Build #3 Beggy Beck’s House Build with Ad/Aff link & pointy toe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adding the swipe up links is nothing to do with the companies themselves, it's all done through a 3rd party. Once you're signed up with the 3rd party, you can link anything you want. You don't have to have bought it, you don't even have to like it or want it yourself, you can literally link anything you want as long as the company that makes the product is signed up to the 3rd party as well. If they're not with the 3rd party, they can add a link that goes straight to a company or product but of course, there are no "pennies" to be earned from that so there's no incentive for them to share stuff that they won't earn commission on.

Reporting her to the companies themselves would be pointless, she's doing their work for them by sharing the links in the hope that the sheep click through and make a purchase. Even if they don't buy anything, she's sending customers their way. That's a win for them. They don't care who shares their products, it's all potential customers and sales for them.
I thought people had to actually make a purchase using the link for these people to make money, it’s not just a click? In which case I find it even more galling as they are actually getting people to part with money which they most likely don’t have masses of (unlike Beggy). All of this is just so appalling. Even when they make an attempt to share a halfhearted #afflink or similar, none of it is regulated. I keep reporting stories as ‘spam’ when it’s just ad after ad... but nothing ever comes of it.

All well and good reporting as Tax evasion, there HAS to be some better policing of feeds like these. They claim all they are doing is what magazines used to do, but it’s not the same, they are making money directly from those who follow and seemingly trust for genuine content. None of this is genuine.

she knows all about hand steamers, she runs a bridal shop!! It’s all premeditated and actually isn’t genuine recommendations, it’s shared purely for her own vanity project as well as to line her already full pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I thought people had to actually make a purchase using the link for these people to make money, it’s not just a click? In which case I find it even more galling as they are actually getting people to part with money which they most likely don’t have masses of (unlike Beggy). All of this is just so appalling. Even when they make an attempt to share a halfhearted #afflink or similar, none of it is regulated. I keep reporting stories as ‘spam’ when it’s just ad after ad... but nothing ever comes of it.

All well and good reporting as Tax evasion, there HAS to be some better policing of feeds like these. They claim all they are doing is what magazines used to do, but it’s not the same, they are making money directly from those who follow and seemingly trust for genuine content. None of this is genuine.

she knows all about hand steamers, she runs a bridal shop!! It’s all premeditated and actually isn’t genuine recommendations, it’s shared purely for her own vanity project as well as to line her already full pockets.
Why ask her followers for recommendations then show steamers using an ad/aff link? Obviously not her followers recommendations. She should be called out for this! I’m amazed at how little, if anything, she actually recommends purely for the benefit f her “followers”!

Reactions: 10
It’s the ‘be positive’ ‘be happy’ quotes bullshit whilst she’s mocking her ‘fans’, which riles me.

Reactions: 8
I was going to write “How can she sleep at night knowing what she is doing is morally wrong?” Then I remembered, coming from the horse’s mouth herself - she can’t. She has a hard time sleeping that’s why she does all those rituals. It never occurred to her that it’s her conscience (if she has any) that causes those sleepless nights😠

Reactions: 7
Why ask her followers for recommendations then show steamers using an ad/aff link? Obviously not her followers recommendations. She should be called out for this! I’m amazed at how little, if anything, she actually recommends purely for the benefit f her “followers”!
This is what I mean though, there is no way to actually report this kind of thing. Other than her reading here, where she convinces herself, as well as others like Martha happily ever after (who is the same with ad after ad) that tattlers are “just trolls and jealous” rather than seeing that WE have morals. The only thing I do is report as spam, but that isn’t just what it is. A magazine simply makes people look at photos and think “oh wouldn’t that be lovely in my house” Beggy and others are becoming part of a much bigger problem in creating spending money people don’t have. She is enabling those who don’t have the money to part with things and in turn filling her own pockets off the back of those who CAN’T afford it.

makes me so cross, feeds like this are SCAMS and SHOPPING CHANNELS. there is absolutely nothing genuine or authentic in a recommendation.

Those of us who are deemed to be ‘trolls’ and ‘jealous’ are only considered to be that by the very people who are scamming people out of money.

we can see through the facade and people like this don’t like that we see them for what they are. Brands should also be held accountable yet there is nowhere to report.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is what I mean though, there is no way to actually report this kind of thing. Other than her reading here, where she convinces herself, as well as others like Martha happily ever after (who is the same with ad after ad) that tattlers are “just trolls and jealous” rather than seeing that WE have morals. The only thing I do is report as spam, but that isn’t just what it is. A magazine simply makes people look at photos and think “oh wouldn’t that be lovely in my house” Beggy and others are becoming part of a much bigger problem in creating spending money people don’t have. She is enabling those who don’t have the money to part with things and in turn filling her own pockets off the back of those who CAN’T afford it.

makes me so cross, feeds like this are SCAMS and SHOPPING CHANNELS. there is absolutely nothing genuine or authentic in a recommendation.

Those of us who are deemed to be ‘trolls’ and ‘jealous’ are only considered to be that by the very people who are scamming people out of money.

we can see through the facade and people like this don’t like that we see them for what they are. Brands should also be held accountable yet there is nowhere to report.
Wonder if Watchdog would be interested? Channel 4 are quite good at exposing stuff like this. Also please clear your phones, cookie wise.

Reactions: 9
I
Wonder if Watchdog would be interested? Channel 4 are quite good at exposing stuff like this. Also please clear your phones, cookie wise.
I would love channel 4 to make a documentary exposing influencers, and how they really make their money, the psychology around it, how Instagram accounts are becoming small and big businesses, but not being strictly regulated, how people can buy bots to look more popular, and those accounts that are using their children for engagement and advertising, and the dangers of this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Problem is, it just gives these ‘influencers’ more exposure, not to mention they end up playing the victim to cruel trolls once more.

I thought things were going to get better regulated once these people were made to declare ads, I thought people would see through it even more, instead they seem to plough on and those who did share genuine recommendations have now stopped out of fear of being accused of sharing an ad and not declaring it.

I have unfollowed people like Beggy and Martha because I can’t stand the constant selling, begging and scamming but a few unfollows don’t change anything for them, and the advertising standards agency don’t seem to regulate anymore than having them declare an ad with a hashtag. These influencers should be CHARGED by Instagram and platforms the way magazines charge for advertising space in magazines, or people pay rates on commercial property... these feeds are nothing more than commercial platforms.

[QUOTE="Rosiepie, post: 3329052, member: 48935"

I would love channel 4 to make a documentary exposing influencers, and how they really make their money, the psychology around it, how Instagram accounts are becoming small and big businesses, but not being strictly regulated, how people can buy bots to look more popular, and those accounts that are using their children for engagement and advertising, and the dangers of this.
[/QUOTE]
There was an article in mail online a few weeks ago which showed the laundry rooms of a number of highly followed instagrammers. They were really slated in the comments to the article and did not come out well. The Yorkshire homestead was brave enough to talk about it in her stories (I do quite like her and she does not do many ads etc). She said she was not bothered by the comments and she accepted that she knew what was coming after the article was published but she did it for a couple of hundred pounds. She is loaded so why you would sell yourself for money you don’t need is beyond me.

Reactions: 6
I asked her months ago why she had stuck “press trip” on a free holiday when she’s not a journalist or a member of the press and she blocked me

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
‘I’m glad our house isn’t a new build and has character!’ 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️🙄🤣🤣
I remember her saying that it was a competition between her and a property developer to buy the house ‘off market’ and the owners picked her. Presumably because she would leave the house as it was and the developers would knock it down and rebuild...bet that family are happy to see this monstrosity now!

Reactions: 6
This bleeping chinny woman is a complete narcissist. She’s so far up her own arse. I think you’re an arrogant, self centred plastic witch becks. You’re actually gross.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
‘Ask me anything and I’ll answer with a swipe up! Oh cunning little me! I won’t give too much detail on my skincare routine though, as the Botox and fillers are private’

• Haha
Reactions: 10
‘I’m glad our house isn’t a new build and has character!’ 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️🙄🤣🤣
She once said that they demolished most of the house and at one point only had 4 walls left up? How’s that not a new build? Numpty!!!

‘Ask me anything and I’ll answer with a swipe up! Oh cunning little me! I won’t give too much detail on my skincare routine though, as the Botox and fillers are private’
Someone asked where a jumper was from bed she put a link rather just say where it was from!!! Unbelievable!!!

Reactions: 9
She once said that they demolished most of the house and at one point only had 4 walls left up? How’s that not a new build? Numpty!!!

Someone asked where a jumper was from bed she put a link rather just say where it was from!!! Unbelievable!!!
Yet totally believable at the same time! She consistently takes the piss yet they all lap it up !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.