The Home That Made Me #7 Pillock in the ‘paddock’, more like lardon in the garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a bit sad for her that she can’t just enjoy her ‘dream home’ and she’s manically bodging rooms for Insta content. Would she advise her clients to behave like this, or to do things properly. It’s really painful to watch.

Reactions: 14
When taking on a old house like that you’ll find 99% of new owners sort electrics, plastering plumbing etc get the expensive practical bits done first. A bit like her mum and dad have done. Charlotte has jumped straight into making it “look pretty” and is going to cost her more in the long run. She should of got the feel for the rooms first and work around that with mood boards. Interior designer my F arse

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Her behaviour is a bit worrying really, she seems to have become utterly obsessed with this toilet. It's almost like she thinks people are on tenterhooks waiting for the big reveal when in reality i very much doubt the vast majority of her followers even give a tit what it looks like. And it's not like those who are bothered will be getting any tips from her, the whole thing has been a botch job and i suspect although she will make sure the pictures she takes are from the best angles so it looks good for the gram the reality will be much different.
Love your user name 😂🙌🏻

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She’s got a screw loose. It’s a downstairs bleeping toilet FGS. Why is she so obsessed with the paint colour? Exactly how long does she plan on spending in there once it’s finished?!
I wouldn't worry about the panelling colour. It'll have to be ripped out soon when they need the stop cock/water isolater

Reactions: 5
If I was her I’d be more worried the panelling is wonky, doesn’t even line up with the dado or skirting so it’s full of caulk. Some corners randomly have capping to cover them yet others don’t. It looks rough as anything as she couldn’t be arsed to sand or prime it. She’s left a crappy looking cupboard over the toilet (could’ve sorted the doors out). She has a leak. She has crappy budget bland wallpaper.
I am watching a car crash of how not to do something properly.

Reactions: 11
The ceiling looks so patchy too. She’s a 60minute makeover interior designer. She’d wallpaper or paint over wallpaper to cut corners.

Reactions: 5
That wallpaper is so cheap looking. She really does just pick tit up impulsively and try and make it work and then obviously 5 minutes later it’s being repainted or changed 🙄 let’s face it it’ll only be a different shade of greige/beige/sage anyway

Reactions: 6
Can literally hear her saying “yes I know it’s tit but it’ll look fine with an Insta filter on it”. It’s what her life is after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I would have picked wallpaper a bit more exciting than that. Some people really make something of their downstairs loo, add some style and character.

Reactions: 10
She needs some serious help. She’s on her way to ruin them financially with the amount of damage she’s doing

Reactions: 6
I would have picked wallpaper a bit more exciting than that. Some people really make something of their downstairs loo, add some style and character.
I feel like the downstairs loo is the one room you can go a bit wild and out there with. I mean she’s really spoiling us.

Reactions: 7
I’d rather wait years than live with bad workmanship. Chip away little by little. The wall paper is very granny looking. I seen it in b&q
She could have got nice designer look as such small place. Slow down. Beauty takes time.

Reactions: 14
Bonkers.. also the downstairs loo is really one that can wait isn’t it? We made sure the family bathroom and kids bedrooms were done first .. it took us years to get round to the loo but we just didn’t really use it and then did it properly. She honestly stresses me out watching her go at everything like a bull!

Reactions: 10
She clearly thought it was going to be an easy quick fix to get some Instagram content 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
Bonkers.. also the downstairs loo is really one that can wait isn’t it? We made sure the family bathroom and kids bedrooms were done first .. it took us years to get round to the loo but we just didn’t really use it and then did it properly. She honestly stresses me out watching her go at everything like a bull!
It’s a place everyone who comes to your home sees. I would want it perfect 🤩

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.