The Home That Made Me #7 Pillock in the ‘paddock’, more like lardon in the garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
https://tattle.life/threads/the-home-that-made-me-6-justice-for-rory.27552/page-55#post-10277769

It was dragging on a bit in thread 6 so welcome to THTMM’s 7th thread. Thank you @Tess_Tickles for the excellent title!

Roll up, roll up… you heard it first from Tattler’s and friends, Baylyn House has been sold to some other poor sod (who will hopefully replace the windows and Charlotte’s BIY (bodge it yourself) and the move to Exeter with her parents has happened.

Things noted from thread 6:
-Charlotte is manically bodging several areas at a time for CoNtEnT is she depressed (again)
-Mungo was passed to friends for a suspiciously long time and tbh we’re all surprised
-She keeps returning to Dorset, probably because removing her family from everything they know was bad idea 🤔
-The kids rooms looks crap compared to the last house and there’s a leak but when there’s content to be made, let’s leave that til last, it’s only Rory’s room after all
-They live right by a motorway 😆
-Less country bumpkin just bumpkin.

As you were tattle talers…

Reactions: 9
https://tattle.life/threads/the-home-that-made-me-6-justice-for-rory.27552/page-55#post-10277769

It was dragging on a bit in thread 6 so welcome to THTMM’s 7th thread. Thank you @Tess_Tickles for the excellent title!

Roll up, roll up… you heard it first from Tattler’s and friends, Baylyn House has been sold to some other poor sod (who will hopefully replace the windows and Charlotte’s BIY (bodge it yourself) and the move to Exeter with her parents has happened.

-Charlotte is manically bodging several areas at a time for CoNtEnT is she depressed (again)
-Mungo was passed to friends for a suspiciously long time and tbh we’re all surprised
-She keeps returning to Dorset, probably because removing her family from everything they know was bad idea 🤔
-The kids rooms looks crap compared to the last house and there’s a leak but when there’s content to be made, let’s leave that til last, it’s only Rory’s room after all

should say re mungo we’re all surprised he was reclaimed! Don’t start threads early in the morning!

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the original tradesman turned up for a small plastering job and said the same as FB, she sulked and said ill get someone else and is now up the creek 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Shows she doesn’t know anything but she thinks she does.
And there’s nothing more annoying than someone who thinks they know it all - but in reality - doesn’t know tit from clay!

Great little recap there 😂 @Homesweethomesweethome 👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A few more responses from yesterdays Facebook ad… 😜😂
The ‘thanks but no thanks’ made me spit my tea out!

Most interior designers will tell you they will use trades for the jobs rather than attempt them themselves. She’s digging such a big hole for herself. I imagine the local trades do talk and she’s already getting herself a reputation. Just wait for the house market to start crashing and they will be stuck in negative equity with a leaking, BIY fail, huge mess

Reactions: 14
I wouldn’t want to take on a reno because I’ve had trouble finding reliable tradesmen previously where I live. My BIL done a couple of renos and an extension that turned out well- and relatively quick as he knows someone and always uses them.

If they need plastering, wiring etc done, they get it all done at once and professionally painted, wallpaper etc so it feels finished. But they factor it into the house price so they have X amount to work with. I know not everyone can do that but it’s doing things properly, even if you take your time and do it room by room.

Reactions: 5
She honestly would have been better off with a new build that is bland and just needs styling. She doesn’t have the knowledge or skill to actually renovate somewhere

• Haha
Charlotte, stop calling your garden a paddock FFS, you imbecile. You have bought a badly designed 90's house with a GARDEN, next to a motorway and on the outskirts of a town.
Stop embarrassing yourself by trying to portray you live this idyllic country lifestyle because you clearly don't!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
‘Does going back to your hometown ever stop feeling a bit strange?’. Charlotte love, you moved 5 mins ago. Give it time hey petal?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So no gushing tribute for Joe on Father's day then? Yet she stages a massive show for Mother's day?! Obviously he's only worthy of paying for her lifestyle/house and doesn't actually deserve any recognition. I was expecting a nauseating reel with photos of the golden child only if I'm honest 🤭

Reactions: 15
So no gushing tribute for Joe on Father's day then? Yet she stages a massive show for Mother's day?! Obviously he's only worthy of paying for her lifestyle/house and doesn't actually deserve any recognition. I was expecting a nauseating reel with photos of the golden child only if I'm honest 🤭
He's too busy skimming the walls while necking

a can of Stella.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh I can’t bear to watch this bodge panelling being installed. She’s cutting random off cuts at the bottom as she’s obviously bought it too short. Stop!

Why why why.

Why hasn’t the whole room been plastered and why is she panelling over what looks like damp plaster.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.