The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of the immaturity is to do with the fact she’s lived in mumsies pocket and never had to do anything for herself! So that will never change now they’ve gone one step further and actually bought a house together 🤣
And considering it’s the gram that’s most likely given her all of her mental health struggles you think she’d bin it off, but oh no, it’s like her drug and basically rules her life. How sad to live your life dictated to by an app!
Problem is she can’t move now even if she wants to as she’s got her parents to now take into consideration. That’ll mean any future moves need to be joint decisions and factor in where they’d live. Let’s hope weirdo hubby doesn’t get laid off and it all goes tits up for them with a property crash

Reactions: 5
Tbh the house has some land and annexe but it doesn’t seem as if it’s particularly old, more like an 80’s copy of an old house if that makes sense? No real original features and a lot of artex 😂 and orange pine. The kids bedrooms look fairly small considering she’s supposedly upscaled. She has gone in with parents yet has a limited budget which makes no sense at all. It’s all going to look like a bodge lodge.
Bodge Lodge. Amazing. Petition to refer to it as only that until further notice

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I definitely agree that this all seems completely impulsive and irresponsible.

We had to move a few years ago as my husband is in the military and he was posted to work somewhere else miles away. My children are really settled so it can be done. We spent lots of time exploring the area, visiting parks, inviting new friends for play dates etc. BUT it means I'm stuck here now, I get terribly homesick and can't move back as it would mean uprooting the children again.

I just dont get Joe! Has he not left a family and friends behind?

Reactions: 6
I just dont get Joe! Has he not left a family and friends behind?
This is what baffles me as well. Okay so Charlotte has moved her parents with her but what about joes family? Although they never get mentioned even before the move so perhaps they’re not close to joes side of the family.
But then his job is still in Bournemouth, and even if he works from home he’ll still have to go in to the office sometimes. How long before that becomes a huge inconvenience.

Reactions: 5
I just got an email about a new housing development being built on Taunton Road, it’s not super close to them but they are now going to be between two fairly big housing developments. It’s not really countryside living…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s not a great drive between Taunton & Bournemouth- Dorset has no motorways and it’s mostly winding A-roads that you need to be concentrating on

Reactions: 3
I just got an email about a new housing development being built on Taunton Road, it’s not super close to them but they are now going to be between two fairly big housing developments. It’s not really countryside living…
At some point in the future houses will be built all the way up the A38 from the massive development in Monkton Heathfield/Bathpool towards Walford Cross..

also yesterday when we drove past I mentioned it to my husband who said why the f would you want to live there!

Reactions: 3
Wonder what will happen if country piles and farm animals go out of fashion on Instagram.

Reactions: 8
Yeah the development at Monkton and now the new one at North Petherton (on the taunton side of NP) will for sure join up one day.

Reactions: 6
See that she's off painting doors now a strange colour... I hope she washed them down / sugar soaped them and prepped before painting (highly doubt that) - the rooms are pint sized compared to their old house. Why doesn't she do anything properly?

Just watched her stories and came on here to say what everyone else is already saying! It pains me to see her be so slap dash with the decorating! I could only dream of having a home like that and to see her bodge it up because she so impatient and never preps properly is soul destroying 😅 those gorgeous windows and she can’t even tape them up!

Is she not bothering to change the door handles? Or the rad? Or the valves? I see so many Instagrammers who are renovating and they all go into so much detail with those types of things and it makes the world of difference! I could understand if the place was unliveable and they were just smartening it all up to live in it for a year before they started a proper renovation, but it looked totally liveable for them to really take their time 🙈

Reactions: 10
It’s the Instagram I want it now culture isn’t it. You see this perfectly curated image on Instagram of all of these house renovations which aren’t actually achievable unless you have either A. £100k+ waiting to spend on renovations and extensions or B. You have it all gifted.

Unfortunately Charlotte seems to have done a C. Which is to bodge it all so in photos it looks ok but up close looks awful.

We’ve been living in our home for over a year and we are living with the awful floral carpet until we can afford to do it properly so we don’t get into debt just to keep up with Instagram

Reactions: 15
Tbh the house has some land and annexe but it doesn’t seem as if it’s particularly old, more like an 80’s copy of an old house if that makes sense? No real original features and a lot of artex 😂 and orange pine. The kids bedrooms look fairly small considering she’s supposedly upscaled. She has gone in with parents yet has a limited budget which makes no sense at all. It’s all going to look like a bodge lodge.
It was built in the 90s.

Reactions: 2
Didn’t even remove the door handle to paint the door, absolute bodge. She’d rather spend money on Neptune accessories and flower Friday than stuff that matters like radiators handles etc. We have now renovated and spent the money on good quality flooring, rads, doors etc saved on IKEA dining room chairs

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.