The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Over at Bodge Lodge (petition for this name please) she’s just described the paint colour as the perfect mucky grey green beige greige? Is that a thing in interior design? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Didn’t even remove the door handle to paint the door, absolute bodge. She’d rather spend money on Neptune accessories and flower Friday than stuff that matters like radiators handles etc. We have now renovated and spent the money on good quality flooring, rads, doors etc saved on IKEA dining room chairs
I noticed that about the door handles 😂 she literally just slaps it on!

• Sick
Reactions: 5
So she’s not even got a traditional country pile just a pastiche a bit like her and her fake posh girl persona.
It may be called jealously but I'm so hacked off that so many other people could do such a better job on these homes, the ones that have such lovely bones. The house could be gorgeous, not even by spending a lot of money. It's going to be ruined by slapdash painting, insta furniture and dog slobber. My kids wouldn't give a tit if their rooms were magnolia and crap carpets, they'd be filled with all their things and be settled sooner. And yes, I would want to have their rooms ready for them to move into but if I'd moved counties my kids being settled would be a bigger priority. And poor Mungo. I'm waiting for a cat post saying it wouldn't be safe for him to come with as he is an escape artist, near a road, not safe...I also hope the new owners of Baylyn house haven't sprayed all the overpainted original features with oven cleaner, replaced the lino and replaced the unpractical windows.

Reactions: 6
It may be called jealously but I'm so hacked off that so many other people could do such a better job on these homes, the ones that have such lovely bones. The house could be gorgeous, not even by spending a lot of money. It's going to be ruined by slapdash painting, insta furniture and dog slobber. My kids wouldn't give a tit if their rooms were magnolia and crap carpets, they'd be filled with all their things and be settled sooner. And yes, I would want to have their rooms ready for them to move into but if I'd moved counties my kids being settled would be a bigger priority. And poor Mungo. I'm waiting for a cat post saying it wouldn't be safe for him to come with as he is an escape artist, near a road, not safe...I also hope the new owners of Baylyn house haven't sprayed all the overpainted original features with oven cleaner, replaced the lino and replaced the unpractical windows.
She’s never gunna say that they are off a busy main road as that will shatter the rural allusion to her followers…

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry but I just can't get my head round the move 🤯 she's moved from a spacious, characterful period property in a busy town, near all her friends and family, to an isolated, bland, characterless, 90s property with smaller rooms? Yes OK the garden is "wow" but they're hardly gardeners are they? She had artificial grass ffs I'm sure they'll get bored of mowing that lawn soon. I give it a year before they move back!

Reactions: 21
I'm sorry but I just can't get my head round the move 🤯 she's moved from a spacious, characterful period property in a busy town, near all her friends and family, to an isolated, bland, characterless, 90s property with smaller rooms? Yes OK the garden is "wow" but they're hardly gardeners are they? She had artificial grass ffs I'm sure they'll get bored of mowing that lawn soon. I give it a year before they move back!
She won’t be able to cope with that garden. Joe works (allegedly) and her parents are elderly. She has no idea the time and effort it takes to maintain a large plot like this. She can’t Astro turf this one!
The house doesn’t seem to have any character but at least the windows aren’t rotting I guess.

Reactions: 9
The house looks so gloomy, Rory’s bedroom is half the size! Honestly this hinch effect is not going to age well is it!

Reactions: 10
Imagine uprooting your kids and giving them a room half the size and taking away their double beds and putting them back in singles.

Reactions: 13
Is that Rory’s bedroom that she’s doing? He used to have at least a twin bed didn’t he and now it’s a pokey little single bed because the room is small and and awkward set up in terms of light fittings and en-suite

Reactions: 5
Is she friends with hinch? I notice that hinch follows her and when Charlotte first moved in she mentioned that this new house was 'basically a farm' which is exactly what hinch has done.

Reactions: 2
Is she friends with hinch? I notice that hinch follows her and when Charlotte first moved in she mentioned that this new house was 'basically a farm' which is exactly what hinch has done.
All the insta twats are the same. Incestual followings and constantly competing against one another.

Reactions: 7
Scraped ceilings?! Is that a thing?! 😫
Why oh why would you do a half arsed job and scrape the artex making it look worse?! And admit to it!! Just bloody leave it till you can afford to skim it!!!
I know she does a half arsed job of everything but this has really got me!!

Reactions: 8
I recon she has pissed a lot of people off in Christchurch! Do you remember a few years ago she had her so called frievds who owned an interior design company, design her lounge for her? (They just added a few cushions, plants etc), then a few months later she announced she was starting her own business doing the exact sane thing?! Which I might add she doesn’t seem to get much business from!
Maybe she thinks new start no one knows her they may actually fall for her ‘I’m an interior designer’ BS!

Makes no sense does it?! Her dream home Baylin house which was a lovely house! To a newish build?! At least Baylin house hopefully now has a nice owner who can sympathetically renovate and bring it up
To spec!

Reactions: 11
It looks like the bedrooms have been “borrowed from” to cram ensuites and storage into. Not sure on the layout but they could have re-jigged things and done a jack and jill bathroom for the children to give them both more floor space in their tiny rooms.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.