The Home That Made Me #5 Off I go pony trotting, while my 150 year old windows are rotting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the filthy feet too 🙈
How can she put the tree up without her family. My kids would be devastated if they came home and I'd done the tree. But then my tree isn't insta wanky worthy.
And how dirty were those feet 🤢

Reactions: 2
As is the ‘look at me couldn’t resist could I’ with getting the tree up. Mines been up since early Nov, why? Because I felt like it, so I did, and my babies helped me decorate. Although we have a colour theme this year, there still lots of fun, cute ones they enjoyed putting up. My youngest gets really invested in making it perfect, I barely needed to do a thing.

Also I dunno how to explain it but ive noticed that her voice croaks when she does her long vowel sounds. For example, I say "leaves" she says "leeeeeeaves" and her voice gets croaky when she says the eeeeeeeea bit.

I know what I'm on about anyway ha ha !
It makes me want to throat punch her

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lol just sack the windows off get some upvc
I know right! Victorian period beauty? They are old rotting windows, not a feature or a thing of beauty. Get some double glazed. I can’t fathom that. Who doesn’t have double glazed in this day and age?

Her house must be freezing! We used to live in a rented house that had condensation and the smell of damp was awful. That's what I imagine her house smells like, doggy & damp

Reactions: 6
If she truly wanted to preserve the period property she could get wooden ones remade with the existing stained glass design in a double glazed glass. It would probably save her money in the long run, and be better for the planet. However I don't think she actually cares about the environment with her gas guzzler car and the constant need for new things. Fast fashion for the home and clothing has such a huge impact on the world... but Charlotte dirty feet Valentine doesn't care about that... it's all about the content.

Reactions: 9
The hoody she’s aff linked, she says she lives in it it’s the best thing she’s got. Well they are trending at the minute for Christmas gifts, I was gonna buy some similar for my kids. Considering she’s never been seen wearing it before I’d hardly say she lives in it, yet is jumping on a trend to like her pockets.

If she stopped spending money on other things from Neptune and The White Company, that she doesn’t need, maybe she could afford to replace the worst of the windows. Surely it must be cold in Rory’s room with those gaps in the windows. I get that windows are expensive, but priorities surely?

The house must be freezing! Come in Charlotte it's not downtown Abbey love, new windows won't ruin the aesthetic of the house, just make it much more pleasant to live in.

I actually can't bare to follow her anymore, she is so unbearably smug but so basic and she doesn't even realise it.

Reactions: 9
The house must be freezing! Come in Charlotte it's not downtown Abbey love, new windows won't ruin the aesthetic of the house, just make it much more pleasant to live in.

I actually can't bare to follow her anymore, she is so unbearably smug but so basic and she doesn't even realise it.
She clearly does want to replace the windows, she is just waiting for them to be gifted. She did the exact same with the floorboards she was so desperately in love with.

Reactions: 17

She had secondary glazing which would have helped with the cold entering from the rotten frames, but she took it out so she could have the aesthetically pleasing shutters.. Never mind the kiddies are freezing each night, it looks good for the gram 🙄 x

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I have lived in 2 period houses and both had upvc windows...I couldn't care less if they are not in keeping with the age of the house...I like to be warm and comfy at home.

Reactions: 7
She could get lovely wooden replacement ones that would look exactly the same so she’s just a tight arse.
Charlotte if you’re reading here google residence 9 pvc they look like wood.
I could punch her smug face. They’re not things of beauty they’re rotten manky windows. You’re not preserving a stately home fgs.

I mentioned it a while back too, that her house must be freezing. Either that or she has astronomical heating bills which also wouldn’t surprise me, her husband is always walking around in shorts and T shirts.

My previous house was period, not listed but they wouldn’t let us change the rotting old windows in the front for upvc. It cost us a fortune to replace for new wooden ones and they had to be made to measure due to the odd sizes. It was a 400 year old house and I loved my windows (just as well, as they’ve almost bankrupted me lol) but why is Charlotte being so precious with hers? Either pay up or go plastic.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.