The Haunting of Bly Manor - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad I stuck with it. Episode 8 is a masterpiece. I just wish the rest had been that good

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Binge watched the whole series over the weekend and loved it. I was all over the place emotionally and didn't expect that at all. Guessed a small piece of the plot relating to one of the characters but liked how their story unfolded. Overall I jumped, cried and puzzled through the episodes.

I am on episode 6 and really like it. I like that it is not so jumpy and scary. I am a chicken and don't do good with too much jumpy stuff.
My OH said it is kinda boring to him.

Reactions: 1
I’m on episode 5 and getting a bit bored. The constant jumping back and forth is confusing. I also don’t think it’s scary at all? Not trying to be hard here, I found hill house terrifying, but this isn’t doing it for me yet. Will persevere for episode 8 if you’re all saying it’s good!

hi! i've just finished and this was not what i was expecting...i'm a bit disappointed by this season.

Reactions: 4
I’m on episode 5 and getting a bit bored. The constant jumping back and forth is confusing. I also don’t think it’s scary at all? Not trying to be hard here, I found hill house terrifying, but this isn’t doing it for me yet. Will persevere for episode 8 if you’re all saying it’s good!
It’s not full of jumps and scares this one , It’s more suspense . Stick with it though !

Reactions: 1
I started Hill House and had to stop because for me it was too jumpy. My poor heart can't handle it 😂 This one I can handle.

Having finished it I think it was a bit of a waste and poorly written. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're stuck for some mindless ghost story.

I’ve just finished it I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and then I think it lost its way. I think it was actually quite rubbish. Hill House was so much better.

PS. Carla Gugino’s accent was absolutely horrendous

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It wasn't what I expected, and it wasn't like Hill House, which I loved, but I did enjoy Bly Manor.

It wasn't as gripping as Hill House, and it wasn't at all scary, but it was a bit creepy at times and worth watching.

It was quite predictable. Some of the episodes felt a little slow, and I was disappointed it wasn't more like Hill House, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

I agree that some of the accents were quite bad - some of them distracting.

Ok I agree it gets a lot better episode 8 onwards. Tbh the ghost thing doesn’t really get me, I don’t find it scary at all. But the storyline was really sweet and the ending was sad so I feel glad I persevered with it. Not sure it’s a horror though.

I thought it was dreadful. So drawn out and boring. I loved hill house so really disappointed in this I’ve been waiting ages too

• Heart
Kind of put off watching it.

Only recently watched Hill House after a family member harassed me for over a year. I loved Hill House; the suspense, that constant unsettled feeling of trepidation. All the characters were really good in their own way and the story stood up.

have heard nothing but poor/disappointing things about Bly Manor. Which is a shame! Also... if they need England/Scottish/Irish accents just use native bloody actors/actresses. Perhaps the accents are too distracting for British ears?

Reactions: 3
I think people need to not compare it with hill house , it’s a different story so it isn’t quite so jumpy and scary . That being said - the English accents are really terrible though !