The Haunting of Bly Manor - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its not a horror, its a ghost story. I was expecting more jumpy parts but I liked it. It was a sweet ending, I think.

Hill house was brilliant though, the car scene was great! Genuinely screamed 😂

Reactions: 4
It’s a gothic romance story tbh. This wasn’t horror at all. I didn’t find Bly Manor scary at all.

This was quite a let down from The Haunting of Hill House which had a better storyline, better characters to root for (like who cares about Rebecca and Peter in Bly), and was much more ominous.

Which is a shame! Also... if they need England/Scottish/Irish accents just use native bloody actors/actresses. Perhaps the accents are too distracting for British ears?
I didn’t realise until the last episode that the narrator was meant to have a Manchester accent...we thought she was from Birmingham or something 😂 the way she said words like ‘love’ just did not capture the Manc accent at all, it was bizarre tbh.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t realise until the last episode that the narrator was meant to have a Manchester accent...we thought she was from Birmingham or something 😂 the way she said words like ‘love’ just did not capture the Manc accent at all, it was bizarre tbh.
She was so badly cast it was unreal - I was thinking why have they got her doing this weird half brummy half posh accent 😂 Then I realised oh tit that’s supposed to be northern. Really off putting!

• Haha
She was so badly cast it was unreal - I was thinking why have they got her doing this weird half brummy half posh accent 😂 Then I realised oh tit that’s supposed to be northern. Really off putting!
I thought she was supposed to be posh too😂

I've just finished episode 8. I will watch the last one tonight, I've really enjoyed it.

I'm going to try Hill House again next

I was planning on watching this at the end of the month when I'm off for a week but was told it was tit :(

I enjoyed the first one but heard this one is really confusing and is just rubbish compared the the first one so it's really put me off

I was planning on watching this at the end of the month when I'm off for a week but was told it was tit :(

I enjoyed the first one but heard this one is really confusing and is just rubbish compared the the first one so it's really put me off
Watch with an open mind. I thoroughly enjoyed it and had no expectations. It's confusing at times but the story unfolds over the episodes and everything is explained.

Reactions: 2
I binge watched over the weekend, loved it!!! Especially loved episode 8!! Think I may watch it again!
Episode 8 was my favourite too. Episode 6 and 7 were just starting to begin to lose me a little, but then 8 brought me right back, it was outstanding.

Overall if I'm honest, Hill House was better and contained much more scares. But I still really enjoyed Bly Manor, the storyline gets a little confusing at times but I would still recommend.

Last edited:
I was really disappointed. Don’t get all the love for episode 8 either - that story dragged and could’ve been told in 15 mins, that was the worst episode for me, I was bored and sitting there like whens this gonna finish?

every time an episode ended with something dramatic and you think it’s going to liven up then the next episode was back to being dull. maybe the next series will be better.

Just finished it. I cried at the end. Didn't overall enjoy it but the last ep was good.
Was the girl getting married flora? I got confused with her accent and the "my middle names flora" bit.

Reactions: 1
Just finished it. I cried at the end. Didn't overall enjoy it but the last ep was good.
Was the girl getting married flora? I got confused with her accent and the "my middle names flora" bit.
Yes she was at the end it showed all the characters in present day at the wedding

Reactions: 1
I did say in an earlier post that I enjoyed it but I'm glad I don't have to hear 'perfectly splendid' anymore 😂

• Haha