Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JD-Morgan

I actually enjoyed it overall however the second last episode was so bad! She slept, she woke, she walked.. swear to god I went to my bed saying that over and over

So glad everything was explained in the end and there are no unanswered questions

**SPOILER**

I knew Hannah was dead from the first episode, not eating or drinking anything gave it away for me

Reactions: 11

super grateful

I’ve got one episode left but I just need to have some time off before I watch it I think. The last few episodes really irritated me! Far more than a TV show should... “she woke, she walked, she fucked about a bit, she popped back to the lake, she did it all over again the next day”. Yes we get it!! Bored me so much, was actually willing for the episode to end. I also don’t know who I’m meant to be rooting for? They’re all a bit dickheady.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I’m finding it quite slow now, think have about 2 episodes left. It’s not scary at all more of a psychological/mystery type thing - I am enjoying it overall but starting to get a bit bored!

Reactions: 10

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone else really excited for this??? I loved Haunting of Hill House so I’m really looking forward to this. Based on Turn of the Screw!

On Netflix from 8am tomorrow I believe 😊

Reactions: 9

clt1992

Chatty Member
I’ve just finished it I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes and then I think it lost its way. I think it was actually quite rubbish. Hill House was so much better.

PS. Carla Gugino’s accent was absolutely horrendous

• Heart
Reactions: 8

nrs264

VIP Member
Glad I stuck with it. Episode 8 is a masterpiece. I just wish the rest had been that good

• Heart
Reactions: 6

SassyRiv77

I thought it was dreadful. So drawn out and boring. I loved hill house so really disappointed in this I’ve been waiting ages too

• Heart

BashmentLady

VIP Member
Having finished it I think it was a bit of a waste and poorly written. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're stuck for some mindless ghost story.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’m on episode 5 and getting a bit bored. The constant jumping back and forth is confusing. I also don’t think it’s scary at all? Not trying to be hard here, I found hill house terrifying, but this isn’t doing it for me yet. Will persevere for episode 8 if you’re all saying it’s good!

Misssj80

VIP Member
I binge watched over the weekend, loved it!!! Especially loved episode 8!! Think I may watch it again!

Reactions: 5

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Ok I agree it gets a lot better episode 8 onwards. Tbh the ghost thing doesn’t really get me, I don’t find it scary at all. But the storyline was really sweet and the ending was sad so I feel glad I persevered with it. Not sure it’s a horror though.

Reactions: 4

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I didn’t realise until the last episode that the narrator was meant to have a Manchester accent...we thought she was from Birmingham or something 😂 the way she said words like ‘love’ just did not capture the Manc accent at all, it was bizarre tbh.
She was so badly cast it was unreal - I was thinking why have they got her doing this weird half brummy half posh accent 😂 Then I realised oh shit that’s supposed to be northern. Really off putting!

• Haha
It’s a gothic romance story tbh. This wasn’t horror at all. I didn’t find Bly Manor scary at all.

This was quite a let down from The Haunting of Hill House which had a better storyline, better characters to root for (like who cares about Rebecca and Peter in Bly), and was much more ominous.

Sparks

Chatty Member
I started Hill House and had to stop because for me it was too jumpy. My poor heart can't handle it 😂 This one I can handle.

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Its not a horror, its a ghost story. I was expecting more jumpy parts but I liked it. It was a sweet ending, I think.

Hill house was brilliant though, the car scene was great! Genuinely screamed 😂

Greenhoodie

VIP Member
I think people need to not compare it with hill house , it’s a different story so it isn’t quite so jumpy and scary . That being said - the English accents are really terrible though !