Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My family have a holiday home in liscannor/doolin... The mum and dad are loved but to be honest the locals can't stand the girls. They come down and think they are the queen's and vips.. Swan into family hotela doolin/armada... I can remember a couple tried booking into armada one of the suites with the baths as they were on honeymoon and they were told they fully booked so took normal room and low and behold doireann posts pics and videos of the welcome bottle of champagne and Strawberries from one of them rooms.. Absolute shame. The couple were in a friend's bar in lahinch talking about it. She was very upset. But look famiky comes first.
We have met the owner lots of times. He is a nice guy. So is his family. But ask the locals. Everyone knows he is gay. supposedly she knows he likes to take a roll in the rushes but look if she is happy with the lie then good luck to her. Look at Philip scholfield.. Don't know much about the middle sister. But their dad is hilarious. Been in his company over the years. My family and their famiky same position. Parents from Co Clare us kids raised in Dublin.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Okay, and how did she go from Spin to hosting a breakfast show on 2fm?
Louise McSharry has spoken about how hard it is to claw your way into a DJ gig in RTE, and Doireann did it in 2 years? Gway outta that
He worked for rte for years and would have lots of contacts still I’m sure. Also Spin and today fm are part of the same company which is where she got her break.

Cant-be-arsed

€300 is okay if it's mental health related apparently 🙄

If anything improving mental health should cost a lot lot less. Monetising vulnerability isn't something to be supported. Especially since there isn't a justification behind the cost really
This 🙌🏻 I think that having to spend that kind of money is actually madness in this day and age there should be support for people who need it. Also, and I’m probably going to be slated for this, I don’t believe in a lot of the mindfulness crack that is being spun for people with genuine issues. I believe in proper psychological and psychiatric intervention if it is needed I am all for that and a qualified psychologist can do wonders I have seen one myself over the years and she helped me more Than I can say but this business of doing a quick course and calling yourself a counsellor and charging a fortune to people desperate for help is absolutely disgraceful.
sorry. Tangent. But it is something that I’ve seen lately in my extended family and it has been awful to watch.

Madscone

VIP Member
Did anyone see Doireann's post about the Instagram reels girls are doing about how to style the same outfit 5 ways? She basically said "come on girls, we can do better than that" basically talking down and being condescending to girls just having fun with clothes and Instagram. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but who cares. Leave them be....you'd swear she burns her bra and is a right feminist! She takes the piss out of other women with her impressions for Christ sake 🤦‍♀️ does she not remember that she did those feckin live repetitive make up videos not too long ago each week during lockdown?? Come on now Doireann...you can do better than that!

dee_mc

VIP Member
I can't understand why companies like Dove release all their influencer ads on the same day - I looked at Instagram for a few minutes yesterday and saw two different influencers I don't follow shiteing on about Dove tanning mousse, and this morning Dzoireann was on the same bandwagon. Wouldn't it be more effective to release them gradually?
Is that her bedroom in the photo she shared in the ad? It looks as bland and boring as a budget hotel room. Does she own or rent?

I met Aoibhin loads as teens. She was always incredibly beautiful and friendly, her parents were very wealthy, private school vibes, brand new VW golf on her bday kind of thing. I unfollowed her as I couldn’t stand the ‘Mother Earth sprinkled with paid spon’ aesthetic

Ciaragh

If they have the app,that will record their contacts.

Seriously i'm all for calling out bad behaviour of instagram people but this point bangs of hypocrisy.
Where’s the hypocrisy? Most people I know are making lots of sacrifices to limit the spread of Covid. Attending ante-natal appointments alone without their husband/partner, not visiting elderly parents and grandparents, children not seeing friends, working from home all the time, job losses, business closures, frontline workers living in isolation from their spouses and children. Families not attending christenings, First Communions and Confirmations.

Lots of people are making an enormous effort and then at the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the likes of all the Garrihy’s who can’t seem to stay at home for 5 minutes and it’s really like two fingers to the rest of us who are taking the hit for their lack of social responsibility

Olive85

What a boring comment.

She can pay whatever she wants for a course to help her mental health. Did you actually read the details of the course? Each session is 2.5hours long so divide that €40 by 2.5. Plus the 8 weeks includes a day long retreat style session. Personally, for what it involves it sounds amazing!

I had zoom councelling all over lockdown. €40 per hour per week. Best money I ever spent. I survived things. Without it my relationship would have fallen apart and I likely would have burnt out at my job. So "would you be able"? Yes I would be able.

Quit the nit picking for nothing!
In fairness to that poster €40 per session for mindfulness over zoom is extremely expensive. €40 for a therapy session from a therapist on the other hand is very cheap so fair play for getting that. I pay nearly triple that per session but it's in person. I wouldn't begrudge anyone spending money on their wellness and mental health but I do understand her shock at that price, it's a lot of money for a lot of people, especially over zoom

She’s lucky the stranger was a kind one, it’d weird me out a bit if someone did that. It’s just shown she needs to be more careful with her privacy - she’s broadcast her location and someone worked out pretty easily which boat was hers. Not to mention she’s said she left the dog in the boat - no issue with that as he’s probably left on his own anyway when they’re at work like any other pet. But dog thefts are on the rise and Bertie is a gorgeous dog, wouldn’t have taken much for someone to see him on Insta, work out where they where and be watching them if Michelle was able to figure it out so easily. I dunno, if I had a large following I just wouldn’t be uploading in real-time while away like she was

Hannahchoo

Absolutely mortified for her that Pieces said she phoned them. I bet that wasn’t part of the deal 🤣🤣

I can’t get over some of the things in her house... the bizarre celtic-tiger-hotel-reception-rotten-frame-light-fitting thing above her fireplace. The absolute hack!! Notions beyond belief.

Sstar

The tension between them is getting worse. In fairness, he is quite well read, has a politics degree while she is a bit too fluffy. I can just imagine how he hates dumbing himself down for the show. And if she says "cam on" in that voice again I'm going to throw my radio out the window 😳😳😳
Totally agree - I loved Eoghan's drivetime show, there was a real mix of intelligent conversation with more lighthearted stuff. The breakfast show is so dumbed down, was such a relief to hear him on his own this morning because she had a day off!

Thump

VIP Member
Doireann breaking COVID guidelines going to the boyfriends fathers retirement party, hardly an essential house visit 🙄 but don’t worry she’ll be on lecturing everyone when we do go into stage 5 “can we all just do our part and abide by guidelines etc” .. fool
Is that picture definitely recent? If it is, it should be shared with RTÉ. The country is about to go into lockdown and numerous jobs will be lost and their staff on the public payroll flouting the guidelines whenever it takes her fancy.

Fruitloops

So Ladies, do you have a jumper that’s perfect for walks with your baby ?
will mother Theresa be recommending jumpers for walks with babies at Beo? Buy tickets to find out

new hair, new jumper, MOMS ASSEMBLE !

• Haha

J.BFletcher

Chatty Member
I’ve often been tempted to go to one but the price of the tickets was madness. Are the goody bags decent? I’ve never loved her guest lineup either Sile Seoige isn’t my cuppa. I would have liked to see Dr Doireann O’Leary in Cork when she was on I do like her but I wasn’t able to go.
Síle Seoige never stops commenting on their posts! She is hoping to become relevant! Move over Seoige, there’s new sisters in town!

I know it sounds silly but it really annoys me them going out and buying puppies too. Thousands of beautiful dogs in the pound and I’m pretty sure Doireann did spon with the dspca at one stage
She got her dog as a present from the new fella. To be honest I thought it was an insensitive thing to do given that Ailbhe only lost her doggy a few weeks before that. I also find buying surprise pets for someone’s birthday or Christmas to be really lazy and ill considered. I have a dog and myself and my husband thought about this for a long time, thought about what was suitable for us, whether we would have the time or make the time and eventually signed up to adopt. We were happy to take any little thing that came our way and we hit gold with our dog. You have to give rescue dogs a chance. I’m very vocal about people buying designer dogs. The Gram has a lot to answer for these days! But judging from Paddy’s insta profile which is private he seems moronic... who names their cars and motorbikes on their bio like the bloggers who write “mummy to 🐶, 💍 to Dopey and 👰🏼to be”? Like this is what defines people these days. So I’m not surprised he went off and bought a dog instead of going to rescue one!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Plainwhited

The tension between them is getting worse. In fairness, he is quite well read, has a politics degree while she is a bit too fluffy. I can just imagine how he hates dumbing himself down for the show. And if she says "cam on" in that voice again I'm going to throw my radio out the window 😳😳😳

Olive85

Anyone else sick of seeing news articles about poor john and aoibhinn having to close down their hotel 🙄 something tells me they'll be absolutely fine!! It's the workers there I feel bad for that will lose their income

Ciaragh

OMG, mortified for Aoibhin! Love how Pieces.ie threw her under the bus too, literally telling everyone straight out that she approached them begging for freebies. Is she broke or what? How embarrassing

• Haha

Tellmethis

I cant see why not? Its clear shes good at her job and attracts a big audience. Everything has to be so negative 😂😂😂 if I tore her a new one youd agree. As said previously she had a presenting job with spin and was an AA girl before this. She was already in the door after getting the appropriate qualifications. I do believe the one who walked in the door was Greg o shea. But that would be OK sure
It’s called reality not negativity 🙄 Do you actually think the likes of Doireann Garrihy and Lottie Ryan really grafted and started at the bottom?? 🤣 You my dear are their perfect audience!! The Irish media is a closed talentless network of daughters, sons, cousins, sisters blah blah blah. Very little new talent just “makes it”, don’t be so naive.

Lollie92

Yes you can move freely in the country but it doesn't mean you have to go away to multiple counties every other weekend. anyway her hotel trips are gifted and staying in her parents house. Shes hardly contributing to the hotel industry.Keeping social contacts to minimum is the least we can do.

Last edited:

J.BFletcher

Chatty Member
She bought fuck all for that new house of hers. Off throwing herself on an Emma mattress this morning. Honestly i would just be mortified for myself if everything I owned was gifted. Just grinds my gears because she’s very well off after marrying money!