Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heidi77

VIP Member
Lottie was the biggest beg of all! Did a whole ‘pet friendly hotels?’ question box and all of a sudden she’s got 3 gifted stays. Have they no shame! It’s so obvious what they’re doing aswell
Could Doireann not have passed on her pet friendly recommendations? She did the same beg a few weeks previous 🤣

Reactions: 14

dee_mc

VIP Member
Probably to be #sp by Baby World or whatever it is called... This attaching everything to motherhood drives me spare and is so old-fashioned. You don't lose your identity once you give birth. Of course, she was only the second woman ever to give birth after Vogue Williams.
I'm not sure how much of an identity she had starting out.
I don't mean that in a bitchy way - I just mean, she never really had a USP like the two sisters? Like, Aoibhin had her acting and her Earth Mother shtick and Beo 😒, Doreen had her impressions etc, but Ailbhe was only really known as their publicity-shy sister. Until, of course, yer man proposed and created a monster! Suddenly she was Ailbhe the bride to be, Ailbhe the bride, the newlywed, the expectant mother and now the new "mom" - suddenly she had a way of raking in the freebies and a sort of relevance, and she's loving it.
Personally I find it all quite revolting but considering the family she comes from it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Reactions: 13

Heidi77

VIP Member
Is she for real... Onky 2 weeks ago she was cuddlin up to the sister n brother in law in Co Clare... And she tellin people not to be in close contact with people they don't live with. One rule for u so Doreen...
That really pissed me off because we have gone nowhere bar the supermarket & out for walks. She also was on a girls night out the other night all cuddled up for a selfie.

Surrealoneill

Chatty Member
The baby name is as plain as herself!

Ailbhe is the worst of them......... she should re name the boat company oceans of notions!!
Nothing wrong with a good solid name. Some of the names I hear people calling children these days I cringe for the their future. Imagine being wheeled into surgery and meeting Dr Bowie or Dr Precious or Dr Princess and putting your internal organs in their hands. A name is something a child has to carry through their entire life. Make it a solid option and not just a cute one

• Haha

Ciaragh

She is easily excited about everything! Like compost bags! She thinks it’s a life hack having one in the car! 🙄
It’s over the top, faux enthusiasm. As fake as the rest of her personality and makes her look deranged half the time. The sooner her 5 minutes are up, she’ll be nothing more than a Lidl promotions girl like her Failed City sister or unemployable like the other one. Let’s hope Daddy’s boat can keep them all afloat!

• Haha

TuTu21

I know someone who was at a painting class in that hotel the husband owns...there was about 10 people at it. Everyone was painting away and next thing in she arrives with the husband and made the big entrance and admired the paintings with the “oohing and aahing”. That evening she posted a pic on her Instagram of herself sitting in front of a canvas at the event pretend painting. My friend said she’s 99% sure she wasn’t there painting with everyone else as she would have heard her or seen her, and it’s obvious she just popped in and took a pic of herself with someone else’s painting at the end to post on her Instagram with a big laughing head saying how much fun she had.

• Wow
  • Haha

Ciaragh

Ailbhe Garrihy, the first woman in the world to ever be pregnant. Why does she think anyone is remotely interested in seeing her constantly posing in her swimming togs? Save it for the Gardashian family album, love!

• Haha
Haha small world! It's pissing me off. Like the BBQ was cancelled the other night but we didn't know so went over and they said people who had been there already were able to order and have food but because we weren't there we couldn't but ended up letting us in the end because the menus were still on the table. It was v disappointing, a bit of chicken and dry salad leaves for €20. Then saw cliona rock up and get bags of food, and saw on her stories they got baked potatoes and stuff with theirs, but made nuggets for the kids. What made it worse was I overheard her on the phone to herq husband saying she wasn't even hungry but took the food anyway. They need to treat their paying guests properly and not prioritise this lot!

We also had to wait half an hour after our booked time for our boat because of her running out of petrol and instead of figuring out how to fill it up like they told her over the phone she sat there instagramming! So the guy had to go out and do it for her meaning we waited half an hour then couldn't stay out as long because we had to get back to the dog!

They would be better off lowering their prices to get people to stay rather than using Influencer marketing. They've given probably €20k worth of gifted stays since they opened, and that will start to turn people off because alot people don't actually trust any Influencer reviews and avoid things they advertise.
I would be so mad if this was my experience. You should leave this review on trip advisor and their Facebook page.
I understand hotels giving gifted stays - it's advertising. But giving preferential treatment to influencers to this degree does my head in. When average Joe's PAY to stay, and have to put up with substandard service, with no handwritten note, bottle of champers, dog basket & goodies - it puts me off an establishment. Don't advertise that your guests will be treated amazingly with all these little touches if you don't follow through with guests who actually pay your staff wages.

notsodumbblonde

I totally disagree with this. Saying she’s not taken seriously because of how she looks has nothing to do with normalising herself, it just contributes to the narrative that you can’t be attractive and work in a serious job. I am also blonde and work in a not dissimilar setting and I see this every day. I understand if you don’t find her relatable but that shouldn’t have anything to do with her capability as a doctor and people taking her seriously.
I am also blonde and also work in a not dissimilar setting. I mean normalise in the sense that why would you wear high-end fancy designer clothing to a role where you’re dealing with bodily fluids like blood and sputum, and sick kids that are liable to throw up/poo/wee on you? I’m not saying she can’t get dressed up - I just wouldn’t wear a €500 designer dress from Brown Thomas to a role like that, there’s only so much PPE can cover. Do you want to waste caking yourself in Saturday night level full makeup to sit in your clinic all day seeing the likes of Mary and Johnny age 75 with their medical cards and bowel problems? And I would take my G.P. a little less seriously if I walked in on them taking a selfie at their desk, I must say. I just think it’s a bit much and feel a lot of how she presents herself is just for the sake of her Instagram grid.

Olive85

Sweet heart of mercy the Daithi o se impersonation 🙈
I'm filled with second hand embarrassment for her again 🙈 and sending cupcakes to her family because the podcast is back. It's like she's congratulating herself on their behalf or something

CatVonMe

Chatty Member
Doireann enterprises 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 that’s like a name a 5 year old would use to call their lemonade stand business

• Haha

Heidi77

VIP Member
In the JNLR figures just released 2 FM breakfast is down 9000 listeners. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Garrihy. Eoghan could carry that show on his own.

Zigandzagger

She presents the morning show on 2fm... it’s not that surprising that she’s well paid. I do think she can be a bit annoying at times but to get a prime time slot in RTÉ in her early 30s is a fair achievement really.

I personally preferred Eoghan McDermott’s drive time show. He’s a clever guy. I think he’s better on his own with more current affairs included rather than the light, chatty content.

BallsBurst

Ok just had to unfollow Dz because she just wasn’t for me. The hit me like a tonne of bricks comment with the giggle, what even was that?
Also... a dog account 🙄
Bye
I gave up on Doireann earlier on in the year but couldn't help myself. As of 5pm this evening a 4 legged dog has 1700 followers. Not even doireann can get the blame for this. People. Idiots. Is it any f*cking wonder

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Aoibhinn is like a nun. The type of student at school who would always get picked to do the readings, never a hair out of place, homework always done, sits up straight. Pure bore she is

• Haha

Panda88

Chatty Member
Why does she put Zs in words it's so stupid and annoying and nor remotely funny.

She's never going to shut up about interviewing Paul Mescal now. I feel bad for him doing the podcast he seems far too intellectual for her.