Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Circe

Did you know that Ailbhe got married? And why does everything have to be connected to motherhood?! Of the 3 of them, and it's a tight contest, she is the most annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I totally disagree with this. Saying she’s not taken seriously because of how she looks has nothing to do with normalising herself, it just contributes to the narrative that you can’t be attractive and work in a serious job. I am also blonde and work in a not dissimilar setting and I see this every day. I understand if you don’t find her relatable but that shouldn’t have anything to do with her capability as a doctor and people taking her seriously.
Think you’re missing the point here- I didn’t read it as questioning Dr Doireann’s professionalism as a GP. That’s not in question. She has to be commended for all the great work she is doing and medical advice she is giving on her social platform.

It’s how contrived a lot of her posts are. She’s beautiful and talented no doubt but why filter every photo and why adorn the photos with designer pieces that are so obviously staged. I think she’s sending out the wrong message. I wish she was just herself and didn’t feel the need to stage every photo.

Hannahchoo

Nothing grinds my gears more than influencers showing leggings by pulling out the waistband and then zooming in on their torsos. Ailbhe looks ridiculous doing it. It's so irritating and doesn't actually have any benefit. Wow, the waistband is stretchy, that's not at all what I expected from a pair of leggings 🙄. Maybe tell me how supportive it is, or what your waist measurement is so I can know if I'll fit an arbitrary small, medium or large.

It’s a I just thought I’d pop on to show you how skinny I am post.

Circe

Did anyone see Doireann's post about the Instagram reels girls are doing about how to style the same outfit 5 ways? She basically said "come on girls, we can do better than that" basically talking down and being condescending to girls just having fun with clothes and Instagram. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but who cares. Leave them be....you'd swear she burns her bra and is a right feminist! She takes the piss out of other women with her impressions for Christ sake 🤦‍♀️ does she not remember that she did those feckin live repetitive make up videos not too long ago each week during lockdown?? Come on now Doireann...you can do better than that!
She comes across as very bitchy I think

Panda88

Chatty Member
Yeah totally normal, unless you want an aching back 24/7
You learn something new everyday 😂. Wonder if her saying "we haven't got one for the kitchen yet" is her actually saying "we haven't been gifted one yet" like their whole nursery

Marjorie

I think ail he has been disgraceful to suggest giving birth in a pandemic is grand in Irish maternity hospitals who have the most in humane rules surrounding Covid in the world. That said I’m sure she received preferential treatment. I’m a HCW who gave birth in the rotunda during this pandemic and let me tell you it was barbaric and it’s been so so hard ever since too. Why does she have to act as if it’s all gravy? It does such a disservice to Irish women when she could be using her voice to advocate for more humane relaxation of the restrictions

Rosielite

Chatty Member
Why does she put Zs in words it's so stupid and annoying and nor remotely funny.

She's never going to shut up about interviewing Paul Mescal now. I feel bad for him doing the podcast he seems far too intellectual for her.
Omg she put on stories "waiting for @paulmescal to win his emmy so I can record the intro to my podcast!"

.... And then he didn't win. 💀 💀 💀

• Haha

CatVonMe

Chatty Member
Really hate comments like that. Good bit if weight? Heaven forbid not like half the country has put on the covid stone
Really hate comments like that. Good bit if weight? Heaven forbid not like half the country has put on the covid stone
You’re right, it was poorly phrased. My apologies! I’ve put on weight myself over Covid!

Daisy03

Anyone read the article in the Sunday Indo today? I've heard Doireann talk about it before the way she wasn't good enough for acting based on how she looks especially when you have a sister that looks like Aoibhin. So she turned her back on it. Just really disappointing that she is placing so much emphasis on it. You'd swear she got hit by the ugly tree. And this isn't the first time she has spoken about it. Imagine looking up to her and wanting to get into acting but don't exactly fit the physical stereotype? It's such a shallow thing say so publically. And also...if Aoibhin was relying on her amazing face why is she not out there with the likes of Saoirse Rowan etc... looks mean Jack shit! You need to actually be a good actress and transend beyond that. Rant over! 😂
Way back Doireann was chatting to her mum.on stories. It was when her mum was cooking or something. This couldve been around 2 years ago. She was "interviewing" her mum and asking questions like who is the most beautiful of the sisters, most talented etc. I cant remember exactly what was asked but 100% she asked her Mum about who was the best looking and her mum said Ailbhe without even thinking. I thought it very strange that she had even thought about this and it did make me think how much were they compared as kids, teens, young women etc and also how much they competed against one another.

I may be reading it this too much but I just thought it strange that the Mum had thought about it and had an answer ready.

• Wow

Malone

VIP Member
Ailbhe is another smug one who’s the only person to ever get pregnant . Can’t wait for her reality 😂😂

GreenFlamingo

VIP Member
O
Oh christ is that what that is? I'm from Clare so I didn't really cop it - that's the awful "Counthry" thing she does, particularly when speaking to the children?
Jesus if I sound anything like that I'm taking a vow of silence immediately!
Don't worry, I'm sure you don't! I'm also from Clare and she sounds nothing like me or my family! She sounds like what she is - a Dub trying and failing to be from "the wesht".

I actually think day 2 of poetry might sound worse than day 1. What is with the fake, super sincere dramatisation? You're reading a poem Aoibhinn, not telling someone their dog has died in the middle of it's life saving surgery. Please stop butchering Heaney.

• Haha
  • Heart

Thump

VIP Member
Doireann breaking COVID guidelines going to the boyfriends fathers retirement party, hardly an essential house visit 🙄 but don’t worry she’ll be on lecturing everyone when we do go into stage 5 “can we all just do our part and abide by guidelines etc” .. fool
It’s just mind blowing that she thinks she’s entitled to and then to allow herself to be pictured and tagged. Idiot.

Heidi77

VIP Member
Ironic that Aoibhin talks about saving goals in the video for Lidl. She mentions saving for staycations. Wasn't her staycation this year an ad like everything else!
I always feel very talked down to by her. Any of us that have been Mums for longer than Aoibhin how did we manage without her great advice? To think Fair City has been the highlight of her career.

• Haha

Ciaragh

Ooooohh Doreen didn’t like that question at all, did she? Quite the bitchy response! Goes to show what an insecure little witch she really is

To be fair there’s about 10 years between them, they probably only really have work in common. Eoghan definitely seems more mature and he’s worked his way up in media, I remember him years ago on Pop4. I’d say he knows how to work the desk during the show while she doesn’t. On his most recent post about his puppy she replied to him in Bertie’s voice ffs (she really needs to quit with replying to her own posts on both her pages as if they’re having a conversation)

Hannahchoo

Ailbhe’s wedding was a complete spon fest and no mention. A friend used the same videographer and he was entirely hopeless and her video was a state. No sign of the swipe up to it so I’d wonder did the same happen her

Yeah I unfollowed her during the wedding, overkill on vendors and all that shite. They should set up separate pages if they focus on one particular thing for such a long time. I don’t even know why I was following her, she doesn’t do any particular type of content, boring bent over outfit pics in front of the mirror with the same old lady hair she always has. Her hair is real UCD circa 2010.

• Haha

Panda88

Chatty Member
Aoibhin free staycation with discover Ireland hashtag ad🙄 Doireann prob going there too so
These discover Ireland posts are pissing me off. Everywhere is super busy lately because we can't feckin go anywhere else, so there's absolutely no need for all of these Influencer campaigns asking us to discover Ireland!

Ailte

VIP Member
I'm a relatively new mam (hes 9 months) and honestly, I really struggled for the first few months. I remember the night he was born, partner had gone home and I was in the room alone, post c section just sitting there thinking "oh no what the fuck have I just done". Quickly followed by "why am I not on social media gushing about my newborn baby with a flower wall and matching nightwear and a curly blowdry, what's wrong with me??".

I can hand on heart say I didn't start to bond with him until he was about 6 months, and again I'd see influencers gushing about their babies and how amazing motherhood is and be thinking ok, there is something wrong with me.

Thankfully it passed and I kinda like the little fella nowadays 😅😍
Those post birth pics are just ridiculous .... perfect hair and makeup and silky matching pjs and night gown. My baba is 6mts and took me 3 mts to even feel anyway ‘normal’ ..... they are pressuring all the ordinary mums out there. Plus the showing the post baby bod days later.