The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t care less about what she wears although I agree her credentials as a stylist feel like they are soon dwindling.
It’s this faux ‘we have two small kids and are like you you’ persona that she fakes that gets me so much. I’m out of those years, but they are so so bloody hard and fake Alex pretending that you can have it all by saving on bread is so dangerous. It portrays such a fake lifestyle and makes women in this very difficult part of their life’s feel like they are totally inadequate.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I couldn’t care less about what she wears although I agree her credentials as a stylist feel like they are soon dwindling.
It’s this faux ‘we have two small kids and are like you you’ persona that she fakes that gets me so much. I’m out of those years, but they are so so bloody hard and fake Alex pretending that you can have it all by saving on bread is so dangerous. It portrays such a fake lifestyle and makes women in this very difficult part of their life’s feel like they are totally inadequate.
Agreed. The worst for me is her giving financial advice like take a mortgage holiday 🤡 and put renos on credit cards 🤡🤡 fab when you’re at <50% LTV inheriting 6 figure sums from aunties, not so great if you’re the average mum facing 30% APR on your credit cards and nearing 6% on the mortgage.

Reactions: 11
I think that was her biggest shocker to date, unregulated financial advice is somewhere no influencer would go….and there have been many

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agreed. The worst for me is her giving financial advice like take a mortgage holiday 🤡 and put renos on credit cards 🤡🤡 fab when you’re at <50% LTV inheriting 6 figure sums from aunties, not so great if you’re the average mum facing 30% APR on your credit cards and nearing 6% on the mortgage.

It’s because she’s stuck in the student / early 20 mentality where having money meant cutting up everything that wasn’t “necessary” in order to buy clothes and tat with the expectation that some day your parents will definitely help to buy a house.
For her saving is: buying cheap tat, cutting bday cards, not paying the tv licence, buying sliced white and occasional old potato.
It’s ridiculous

Reactions: 8
Too busy to write her newsletter until September! Maybe because she’s on a secret holiday in Spain right now?

Reactions: 12
It’s difficult to find the time when you travel between 3 time zones in 6 weeks and the rest of the year she goes to 100 miles/hour

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jesus Christ! I write copy for a living and I could smash out her ‘newsletter’ in about an hour and a half. I’m clearly the idiot though as I can’t afford multiple holidays and frivolous tiger purchases on my salary

Reactions: 9
Leftover water !

This could develop and give her so much content - not flushing toilets if it’s only wee, turning off shower water while lathering shampoo into hair, etc, water butt to collect rainwater from gardening. We already know she ’spritzes’ clothes instead of washing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’ll be watering down washing up liquid and boiling up soap to make er..soap like Jack Monroe soon.

Wonder if she has a copy of ‘Grifty Kitchen?’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My eyes couldn’t roll any more after I saw that pot. Surely you just pour it straight from the bottle into whatever plant needs a drink if you’re an eco warrior. It doesn’t need an overpriced pot sat at the side of the sink. Or you could go all out and get a water butt Alex and up those eco credentials, something new for you to paint as no doubt the black don’t stylish enough. Could get at least a few stories of content out of that…you’re welcome

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The water pot, WHAT?? It would never even occur to me to have one of those but maybe that’s because I’m just not frugal enough…

Reactions: 6
I've not even seen what ludicrous idea she's promoting now but these comments are giving me joy! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh FFS I was trying to lay off the Alex snark as I still feel bad for her poor old back but the water pot has ENDED ME

Reactions: 4
What about this then 🤪
25BA3302-28A5-405E-A23F-BB52CED7FEA8.jpeg

B0491A7D-93EE-4A20-85DE-0BA3525A96DA.png

Can’t afford £400 in one go on dining chairs (though tbh I doubt they needed them, what happened to the bench they had?) but can afford 3 holidays in a month. Make it make sense 🤦🏻‍♀️

Still not over the water pot.
It’s going to be another tv licence or sourdough. Can’t wait to see it mentioned in a years time by my fellow tattlers

• Haha
Still not over the water pot.
It’s going to be another tv licence or sourdough. Can’t wait to see it mentioned in a years time by my fellow tattlers
I’m blocked so can’t see her stories. Can someone enlighten me what the water pot is about?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.