The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I don’t follow trends” but insists that clothes over 6 months old are “old”…

Reactions: 11
I saw an old picture of her recently back when I started to follow her and actually liked her style.
She is now unrecognisable.
Even noticed her nose looks different! Like it’s grown, maybe that’s why she sounds like she can’t breathe properly.
How is this even the same person? I mean yes, kids change things, but when you position yourself as some sort of style guru surely your new style should actually be, I don’t know, kind of stylish?
IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0663.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Tell me you have too much time on your hands without telling me!!

Wtf. I’m in probably her target demographic, 30 something woman with no kids and some disposable income and I’ve never thought about splatterware or how fashionable it is/isn’t or whether I should buy some…!
Id say her target market now has to be families. She’s not the girl about town anymore.
How is this even the same person? I mean yes, kids change things, but when you position yourself as some sort of style guru surely your new style should actually be, I don’t know, kind of stylish?
View attachment 2490793View attachment 2490794
I think it’s fairly easy to look great in clothes when you’re thin & young. I think Alex has struggled post kids which I get as so have I, between pregnancy & Covid I’ve piled on the weight! I haven’t gotten around to buying many new trousers & I’m now faced with tops not fitting me as I have a belly which I never had before.
I’m sure loads of people breeze through pregnancies, aging & life in general without it impacting their appearance. For those of us that don’t it can be a struggle.

Reactions: 8
But Alex positions herself as a style influencer and is inundated with free clothes from various brands. And some of the stuff she’s sent does look good but more often than not she’s gallumphing around in socks and clogs and calling it “approachable style” while flogging the nice stuff on Vinted.

Reactions: 8
Last story on not sharing vinted because she only sells kids clothes 🤥🤥🤥
Please can someone screen record this so we have the receipts. My tattle never let's me upload videos!

She tried to say she's keeping her vinted private to stop having to do returns if someone doesn't like something and went on a big waffley lie

Reactions: 3
Please can someone screen record this so we have the receipts. My tattle never let's me upload videos!

She tried to say she's keeping her vinted private to stop having to do returns if someone doesn't like something and went on a big waffley lie
Can share later, did someone screenshot the sezane coat? X

“I can’t store my knitwear because my wardrobe is so small”, she says, standing in front of an entire wall of door after door of wardrobes in an entirely separate secret wing of her London home

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“I can’t store my knitwear because my wardrobe is so small”, she says, standing in front of an entire wall of door after door of wardrobes in an entirely separate secret wing of her London home
That wardrobe she always stands in front of looks massive!

Reactions: 3
What the heck is she on about with that Vinted ramble. And why is she even selling "old stained kids clothes" anyways? donate them to a children's centre or church or something so people who actually need them can just have them rather than being so ridiculously tight

Reactions: 9
What the heck is she on about with that Vinted ramble. And why is she even selling "old stained kids clothes" anyways? donate them to a children's centre or church or something so people who actually need them can just have them rather than being so ridiculously tight
Donate?? I’ll have you know that she is very generous with everyone:
-she buys tinned meatballs for her kids so that she can buy splatter ware
-she gives out candles with a string to frirnds
-sit for hours with a drink #helpinglocaleconomies

• Haha
Wow she really fumbled over that Vinted explanation. First it’s because she’s only selling old kids clothes then it’s because people feel entitled to ask her if they can return items they don’t quite like after trying on, when they wouldn’t do that to an anon account.

Wow you mean those parasocial relationships you have spent years carefully cultivating so that you can sell them stuff, dupe them into clicking undeclared ad links etc, to generate a ridiculously lucrative income for very little work - might have a tiny downside??? I’m shocked.

• Heart
Wow she really fumbled over that Vinted explanation. First it’s because she’s only selling old kids clothes then it’s because people feel entitled to ask her if they can return items they don’t quite like after trying on, when they wouldn’t do that to an anon account.
The funnest thing is she could have literally just ignored those questions and not answered them, but I suspect she felt she needed to because of the chatter in here about it. Hiya! We see you!

Wow you mean those parasocial relationships you have spent years carefully cultivating so that you can sell them stuff, dupe them into clicking undeclared ad links etc, to generate a ridiculously lucrative income for very little work - might have a tiny downside??? I’m shocked.
Id assume it’s because she doesn’t want to be seen selling stuff gifted by brands both by the brands themselves and her followers.

The explanation she gave almost sounds worse than that though. I think it’s normal on eBay not up accept returns I wouldn’t have an issue with her not accepting returns tbh. They can sell it on if it doesn’t fit etc.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.