The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is it's not super cheap advertising really if they paid Alex. She would've be paid £3k ish for that terrible reel.
Liv looks amazing, that's how I want to see clothes, not Alex pulling away at the arms, doing the basic french tuck jeans and heels tit. And wearing clothes so baggy she looks like a flipping big tomato

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The thing is it's not super cheap advertising really if they paid Alex. She would've be paid £3k ish for that terrible reel.
Liv looks amazing, that's how I want to see clothes, not Alex pulling away at the arms, doing the basic french tuck jeans and heels tit. And wearing clothes so baggy she looks like a flipping big tomato
Do we think she'd have been paid as well as being given the clothes? Flipping big tomato is excellent 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Alex nowadays doesn’t style outfits. She puts them on (jeans, jumper) like any other woman before school run. Nothing wrong with wearing what you feel comfortable in, but don’t call it styling and don’t pretend it’s supposed to inspire people.

Reactions: 11
That reel where she gallumphs over the crossing near the Tate - was that because her heels were too high or something? I’m just imagining Dopey behind the camera holding her trainers for her while she wears the heels for about 5 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Alex nowadays doesn’t style outfits. She puts them on (jeans, jumper) like any other woman before school run. Nothing wrong with wearing what you feel comfortable in, but don’t call it styling and don’t pretend it’s supposed to inspire people.
Exactly. She has some lovely clothes but seldom wears them. Instead she throws on unflattering jeans and too big tops that she tells us have the slouch/are oversize but in reality they just look too big/frumpy. On a story this morning where she’s with a child psychologist, she’s wearing a blue cardigan that looks grubby with black jeans that she wears all the time and look as if they have seen better days. Carrying that leopard print bag that looks dated.

She has/had a talent for fashion styling, she has some lovely clothes and it’s a pity she doesn’t make the most of them.

She’s someone who has managed to get by with fashion & interiors styling by watching and learning. And she happened to be young, slim, white & privileged so the clothes didn’t need to work that hard for people to think she had a certain style when really her main love was excessive consumption & trend chasing. Not to say she doesn’t have a little skill, she does, but she doesn’t ooze talent and she’s run out of road now.
Whereas I find someone like Denise (and.bloom) so creative, both in her style and the way she executes her content (and from her home so goes to show it can be done well).

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I think a lot to do with the frumpy/boring outfits is because she’s put on weight after having kids (which is totally fine and normal - certainly not body shaming here) so lots of her old stuff no longer fits and she possibly struggles with how to dress her larger figure (and when I say ‘larger’, I just mean larger than she was).
---
She’d have got paid for this advert
Then they were bleeping robbed! 😱

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes she marked as Ad @Dizzy so she was paid! I can only assume the brand/agency didn't bother to review content, there's no way id sign that off, id be asking for a reshoot and some effort, no pulling of jumper arms 😂

Reactions: 3
Oh good god, her latest post has made me RAGE. How does she think the rest of us with real jobs (not fannying about trying on clothes and doing a heavy day of gallery visiting) manage? And the smugness of her sitting there in her secret bank of mum and dad-funded extension while her kids are in school or FT nursery!!

6B86E1FD-4F59-47C1-A7E2-1537464E37CA.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Alex really couldn’t care less about ‘cruelty free’ or sustainability (unless it’s an ad - lol). Her daughter is wearing Sainsbury’s pyjamas in the last story.
---
Oh good god, her latest post has made me RAGE. How does she think the rest of us with real jobs (not fannying about trying on clothes and doing a heavy day of gallery visiting) manage? And the smugness of her sitting there in her secret bank of mum and dad-funded extension while her kids are in school or FT nursery!!

View attachment 1979944
She hates looking after her own kids. That’s why they’re always in nursery/after school club and spend many a weekend with grandparents. Grim.

Reactions: 5
I agree Alex's ads seem so brief and lazy compared to the effort others seem to go to for Sezane. Once again I'm bringing in Katherine Ormerod but she seems to put a huge amount of work into styling Sezane different ways, wearing lots of pieces and making the ad kinda cute. I actually really wish Alex would come up with a style apart from jeans/jumper/trench as I'm built much more like Alex than teeny weeny KO. But I think that might require a bit too much effort on Alex's part.

Understandably having kids is hard and not always what one may expect. Until fairly recently societal expectations and pressures towards parents, especially mothers were never to complain about parenthood. The past couple of decades, however, there’s been quite a shift in dismantling stigmas around the subject.

I think Alex sees herself as one of those hip women who with humour and honesty openly talk about the struggles of motherhood. The issue is she doesn’t see how privileged she is as opposed to the majority of parents who have to juggle so much more than she’s ever had to. To make it worse Alex never counterbalances these self-pitying posts with something positive about the kids.

Reactions: 12
I agree Alex's ads seem so brief and lazy compared to the effort others seem to go to for Sezane. Once again I'm bringing in Katherine Ormerod but she seems to put a huge amount of work into styling Sezane different ways, wearing lots of pieces and making the ad kinda cute. I actually really wish Alex would come up with a style apart from jeans/jumper/trench as I'm built much more like Alex than teeny weeny KO. But I think that might require a bit too much effort on Alex's part.
One of the main differences between KO and our Alex is that KO seems to have boundless energy and motivation. Alex does not. KO would have had that patio tiled in a couple of hours and managed to whip up some curtains, paint a room and go out for lunch all in the same afternoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wonder how many shots she rejected before posting this cute little set up. Gazing wistfully out to the garden not knowing what day it is. 2 adults at home all day every day and she wonders how she is going to manage school holidays?! She’s come out with some stuff in her time but this is insufferable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Usually hate it when ppl mention the CoL crisis wrt Insta content as it’s an Insta story not a ch4 news bulletin but there will be mums across the country wondering how tf they’re gonna manage to feed their kids or manage childcare and work over that 6 week break so maybe a mum with a plethora of childcare options, low contact employment hours, an unemployed husband, present and engaged grandparents with a holiday home, the list is truly endless, should maybe just keep quiet on this one? 😬 like it feels really grim when you actually think about the reality for a lot of the country atm.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi Alex, your sofa looks really cheap and crappy. Bet you’re glad you didn’t pay for it.
I was thinking earlier when she posted that the sofa hadn’t aged well. At least she has another sofa in her sitting room and another in the secret extension upstairs.

Struggling with her daughter’s mid-term, the younger sibling in Nursery full-time, herself and her husband are self employed with what seems to be very flexible working hours and certainly not full time.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.