The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Specsavers have even posted on her photo to say they also help people with contact lenses and this is her passive-aggressive response. I’m pretty sure people don’t suggest that contacts are more ‘attractive’ than glasses anymore. It’s a total non-issue.
View attachment 1984205
Omg get therapy this is mortifying to witness, it’s really not that deep. There is no difference her starting rows with a customer happiness or social media person on Insta to going in store and ranting at a sales assistant, these people don’t have the authority/ability to change a campaign and are already the lowest paid and most abused in the company so just lay off them u mega Tory???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg get therapy this is mortifying to witness, it’s really not that deep. There is no difference her starting rows with a customer happiness or social media person on Insta to going in store and ranting at a sales assistant, these people don’t have the authority/ability to change a campaign and are already the lowest paid and most abused in the company so just lay off them u mega Tory???
‘You mega Tory’ is the best thing I’ve read today 🙌🏻🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Honestly can’t get over how grim it is - making a nuisance of yourself to low pay/long hours/under appreciated and over worked members of staff? She’s never had to graft for a living and it shows. Don’t get me wrong fashion/media use exploitative internships but very few people re organising the Condé sample cupboards need to think about how they’re paying rent or how to last til payday so shouldn’t be bothering those that do. Especially in this economy! Like someone else has said she’s acting like specsavers owe her money, hope they tell her to do one

Reactions: 8
JFC Alex it’s a light hearted ad.

The faux outrage at ‘glasses discrimination’ is absolute cringe. She should be mortified.

She has more time on her hands and even less self awareness than we thought already to go on this ridiculous crusade that no-one else gives a flying duck about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
One of the main differences between KO and our Alex is that KO seems to have boundless energy and motivation. Alex does not. KO would have had that patio tiled in a couple of hours and managed to whip up some curtains, paint a room and go out for lunch all in the same afternoon.
KO is a machine. I wish I was more like her. I more of an Alex 😭

Reactions: 2
If Alex didn’t insist on wearing serial killer glasses that don’t suit her & are frankly jarring to look at, no one would care. Loads of people up and down the country wear their glasses at their weddings, at formal dos, to job interviews etc.

One of my colleagues had the most incredible boho wedding dress that she wore with her glasses and she looked perfect. It’s not a thing!

Reactions: 5
In a way I think she secretly loves that Specsavers did that ad as she’s been waiting for a chance to get on her soapbox about how oppressed she is as a glasses-wearer etc.

Reactions: 10
Those poor Specsavers staff. They must be completely baffled by this person losing her tit and doubling down on a harmless ad

Reactions: 12
The glasses thing is so bizarre. Being a specs wearer myself, I used to quite enjoy seeing the pics of various celebs sporting their face furniture but it’s gone too far now. I didn’t know I was in an oppressed minority, not did Mr Fliv who’s worn glasses since he was 6. We both wear contacts occasionally for convenience but all this drama - it’s just odd.

Reactions: 8
OMG that is embarrassing - who does she think she is??
It’s hilarious as she’s likely emailed customer services and they’ve said they’ll pass it on, it’ll be a bullet point on their weekly report to a higher up and nothing more. Embarrassed she doesn’t realise and thinks the poor customer assistant that had to deal with her ticket is going all the way to the top with this business critical insight.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow! This is so embarrassing! Maybe she could use her platform to highlight things that actually matter, but no she’s got some weird chip on her shoulder about glasses that no one else cares about.
I wear my glasses 90% of the time, they aren’t my personality unlike Alex

Reactions: 9
What a crusade this is eh? Emily Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Malala Yousafzai - they had nothing on our Alex and her relentless fight to turn the tide on the widespread discrimination and victimisation of the much maligned glasses wearer.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.