The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #7 Everything is affordable when it's #gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go on, satisfy your bag desiring souls, ladies! 🤗

My post didn’t mean to police the conversation but point out the ironic side of it instead. I do love how helpful tips are often shared on here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s been another hectic day for Alex, getting dressed and going to fashion shows and managing to squeeze in a bit of time to check out the latticework at St Pancras. How does a #busyworkingmum manage to balance that with…with…can anyone help me out here?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Love that the LFW show she went to seemed to be a performance piece of models pretending to work in disused fake offices. Life imitates art for our gal! 😅 V much enjoyed her pointing out that the designer’s clothes are cruelty free when her shops of choice seem to be the crueler the better (Uniqlo, H&M, Arket each with a crueler human rights record than the last…)

Anyway - watched the film Brian and Charles last night and seems I’ve stumbled into her balaclava/glasses inspo

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Love that the LFW show she went to seemed to be a performance piece of models pretending to work in disused fake offices. Life imitates art for our gal! 😅 V much enjoyed her pointing out that the designer’s clothes are cruelty free when her shops of choice seem to be the crueler the better (Uniqlo, H&M, Arket each with a crueler human rights record than the last…)

Anyway - watched the film Brian and Charles last night and seems I’ve stumbled into her balaclava/glasses inspo
Excellent point. She’s pro ‘saving the planet’ other than when is comes to err, actually saving it!

Reactions: 2
Is this really what passes for content these days? If you want to try something new then turn your jumper back to front?
24413422-4407-4FF2-BD08-9EF48DFBB840.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t understand the love for Sèzane either. Those acid wash jeans are hideous, as is the striped top.

I don’t understand the love for Sèzane either. Those acid wash jeans are hideous, as is the striped top.
I’ll see myself out as I love Sèzane stuff. But it breaks my heart that Alex gets paid to advertise it and massively puts me off any of the things I see her in (luckily our style is different though so there’s not too much overlap in that sense).

Reactions: 3
I love Sezane too and have got a fair few things from them. However I’ve stopped being a Sézane customer in the last 18 months as the gifting of freebies to people like Alex really put me off. I felt like it cheapened the brand.

Reactions: 14
Yes, influencer #kindlygifted is the ultimate anti-marketing tool in my eyes (blue co-op bags aside 😜)

• Haha
Some Sezane pieces are lovely, others utter vile. The jeans are horrendous and it all looks horrid on her, the way she pulls at thejumper arms and states the obvious 'it's red' 🙄 oh and Alex in another striped top - groundbreaking content.

Who else do they work with in the UK? She really isn't a Sézane girl 😂

Reactions: 5
Some Sezane pieces are lovely, others utter vile. The jeans are horrendous and it all looks horrid on her, the way she pulls at thejumper arms and states the obvious 'it's red' 🙄 oh and Alex in another striped top - groundbreaking content.

Who else do they work with in the UK? She really isn't a Sézane girl 😂
Liv Purvis does Sezane well. And does properly planned shoots in interesting locations and hires photographers and credits them.
More like traditional magazine content than Alex has ever produced yet Alex is always going on about her magazine background

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Another Sezane fan here and I also feel that the wide scale gifting cheapens the brand, but as we all know it's super cheap advertising that yields great results. That said, I've no idea why they use Alex. It all looks frumpy and awkward on her, she looks embarrassed and uncomfortable and seems to chose the most boring items. The Liv Purvis pictures above are in a different league!

I’ll see myself out as I love Sèzane stuff. But it breaks my heart that Alex gets paid to advertise it and massively puts me off any of the things I see her in (luckily our style is different though so there’s not too much overlap in that sense).
Same!! It makes me mad and jealous! Life isn’t fair!!!

She doesn’t ever style anything other than oversized jumper trousers and maybe heels.
trinny (as bonkers as she is) styles clothes in so many different ways. Formal and informal. So does Erica Davies. Alex doesn’t have their skill.

Reactions: 7
Liv Purvis does Sezane well. And does properly planned shoots in interesting locations and hires photographers and credits them.
More like traditional magazine content than Alex has ever produced yet Alex is always going on about her magazine background
Ok that looks much better so I take back what I said! It must just be the way Alex styles the stuff she’s sent. She’s not exactly a great ad for them is she?

Seeing the Liv Purvis pics really highlights the lack of effort on Alex’s part. This is her job- surely it’s not hard to go and do a photo shoot somewhere other than the corner of her secret second storey extension once she’s dropped the kids off at nursery/school? It’s what she used to do afterall, thinking back to pics in various streets of news houses etc.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.