The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon she’s on holiday. None of the usual drivel on stories and just a couple of pre recorded pieces on the grid so far this week.
Radio silence from Alex this week 🧐 Just the odd post probably uploaded by their staff....!
has she gone to ground after the ridiculous £40 shopping list (?!) or just off on yet another holiday..,?

Reactions: 4
Apologies if this has already been flagged, but she hasn’t posted on the frugality Insta since 19th august.
Always thought it was odd that she split her content, maybe this is her winding it down.

Reactions: 8
I think the gift guides are coming…early this year to help us all out aka pull in those affiliate links…those secret extensions don’t pay for themselves

Reactions: 7
And it’s here….done in such a way that the pictures are tiny and there’s no indication of where something is from but to if you even touch it to see it’s straight into the website and all those aff links….so whether or not I actually like something I wont click on principle….what a way to make a living

Reactions: 7
Sorry she’s swapped her ‘old slippers’ - OLD? Didn’t she have these last winter?? How are they old? I could kinda get it more if she’d worn £3 primarks to death for a year but it’s been summer and she spent bloody months harping on about finding the perfect slipper and I seem to recall she then got some good quality ones (ugg maybe? Can’t think?) so how are they redundant all of a sudden!! So petty but really wound me up as so wasteful!!

Reactions: 9
This frugality stuff is wearing thin.
Alex was eyeing up a pair of glasses - it must have been on stories just before half term - but said she didn’t need any more for the moment. Yet here she is in a new pair she didn’t need.

The Christmas edit pic on her post features 12 items - half are from H&M! There are currently 77 items on the main Christmas edit with 23% from H&M. There is a nod to small businesses but she’s perfectly placed to promote many more. Isn’t that what she’s all about?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Alex was eyeing up a pair of glasses - it must have been on stories just before half term - but said she didn’t need any more for the moment. Yet here she is in a new pair she didn’t need.

The Christmas edit pic on her post features 12 items - half are from H&M! There are currently 77 items on the main Christmas edit with 23% from H&M. There is a nod to small businesses but she’s perfectly placed to promote many more. Isn’t that what she’s all about?!
You’re so right, the frugality should in theory be fully able to champion small businesses rn. Like the economy is in the shitter we’re all spending more consciously whether it’s reducing energy output or buying once/buying well so here’s some lovely ways to show love to your family and local community/artisan makers/small biz for under £20/30/40. With frugal being VERY loosely interpreted as luxuries on a budget / a middle class frugal.

Instead she’s linking to earth destroying conglomerates so they can both pay the bills whilst lying about all day? Lord.

Reactions: 12
Sorry she’s swapped her ‘old slippers’ - OLD? Didn’t she have these last winter?? How are they old? I could kinda get it more if she’d worn £3 primarks to death for a year but it’s been summer and she spent bloody months harping on about finding the perfect slipper and I seem to recall she then got some good quality ones (ugg maybe? Can’t think?) so how are they redundant all of a sudden!! So petty but really wound me up as so wasteful!!
You’re absolutely right and that’s what I thought too.
She also said it was an investment because they were very pricey and lots of research went into it.
Awks

Reactions: 10
Yeah, I wear slippers 100% of the time at home and I don’t wear them out in a year. I guess the difference is I have an actual job that takes me out of the house for some of the time (and not just to film myself walking silently) 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14

She was asking for small businesses that wanted to be included, someone suggested she might charge a fee if there’s no aff link pennies to be had….they may have been on to something, hence the high street offerings

£89 for those slippers 😳

Also she’s such a fibber….can’t bare backless slippers yet those fuggly Ugg things she was obviously gifted last time were backless 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I’m tempted to call her out on it but I know I’ll just get a passive aggressive reply from her. The one time - years ago - I made a perfectly nice comment over some tights of all things and she was really rude about it!!

Reactions: 4
Some excerpts from her latest newsletter:
I am currently very happy with my career and output into the world 😕
If anything, I'd like to work less and see my kids more 😦
As ambitious as I am 🤨 (and don't get me wrong, I'm a true perfectionist and set myself impossible goals) 😆
I have also finally made peace with not always doing everything :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.