The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comment on latest post advertising seven dials -- she is totally delusional! "A solo lunch, I can dream" It's like she's convinced herself she's such a busy working mum that she can't possibly find time to do these things and yet all she seems to have is hours of childfree time to faff about 🤷‍♀️
Didn’t she literally just post a story of her having herself a solo little lunch at Seven Dials? Delusional!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Maybe her husband insists on sitting with her for lunch 🤣

I really don’t get her though.
She suggests cancelling bbc licence to save a few £ but then tells her followers to shop in the one of most expensive shopping areas in London!

Reactions: 3
Confused. Either her son goes to nursery, in which case she can have solo lunches whenever she wants (unless it’s a dig at her husband?), or he doesn’t, but then how can she be a busy working mum?
Anyway I’ve got a top tip for Alex. Get a proper job, then you can eat lunch away from your kids every day if you like. I’m doing it right now. I don’t mind eating with them either though 🤷🏻‍♀️
She baffles me 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Poor Alex having to ‘work’ around school drop off and pick up! Try manically dropping your kid off, rushing to your job, having no lunch break so you can leave early to pick them up! Christ Alex your privilege is showing

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I prefer the artwork on these matches to the previous ones, but still could never justify spending £10 +p&p on matches

Reactions: 2
I prefer the artwork on these matches to the previous ones, but still could never justify spending £10 +p&p on matches
Totally tone deaf. Maybe she’s going to suggest being frugal and saving money on energy bills by heating our houses by the flame of a match?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@Libertine - didn't you say MOD and Alex used to go to school together?
I did!

And despite my usually encyclopaedic knowledge of influencer trivia, I can’t remember where I learnt it. Maybe on the Mumsnet threads (which all appear to have disappeared) or maybe one of them mentioned it.

Clemmie is about 18 months older than Alex so they might not have been in the same year. But just looking at their names - Alexandra Stedman and Clementine Howard - makes me think it’s entirely possible they did attend the same school.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hold on to your candles, there’s more matches on the way…
Only this morning I was watching the news about the economy absolutely tanking, terrifying energy prices and soaring interest rates and I thought to myself.... What everyone really needs right now is some insanely overpriced matches.
Thank goodness for Alex, the frugal champion to get us through these difficult times 💕

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I do think the artist she’s partnered with is genuinely talented but I’d rather buy a print from her direct than go via Alex.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.